It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'number one world power': Ahmadinejad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Iran is considered number one in the world1

www.breitbart.com

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad declared on Thursday that Iran was the world's "number one" power, as he launched a bitter new assault on domestic critics he accused of siding with the enemy.
"Everybody has understood that Iran is the number one power in the world," Ahmadinejad said in a speech to families who lost loved ones in the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war.

"Today the name of Iran means a firm punch in the teeth of the powerful and it puts them in their place," he added in the address broadcast live on state television.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Edited title for clarity

[edit on 2/28/08 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well now we know what his intentions are. A new Persian empire equivalent. Use of oil to fund their new found economic, political and military might. A great way to make your country a superpower overnight just by declaring it is number one.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Can you blame them? they are just copying what other nations before them has done to become superpowers, the use of resources, war and money.

They are no the only ones, the oil producing Arabs countries, India, Asia and China are trying to do the same.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's fairly ordinary propaganda, just about every country claims it is uniquely great

You've never heard Americans going "USA number one!"?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Lets keep this thread alive.

Many peoople do not understand what Iran stands for and the dangers they present to us all.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The only "danger" Iran represents is the danger that we'll have to pay market prices for our oil

Or the danger that corrupt bloodthirsty traitors in our country are going to get us in another disastrous Persian Gulf war...

[edit on 2/28/08 by xmotex]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Well you be surprised to know that many people in American (including the ever blood feeding military private complex)think that a war with Iran will be great to America

Because is going to fix the economy.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I kinda agree, however... You nor I can change blood thirsty mongrels.

Iran is a threat. They threatened Israel when the president came to preach to the students how right he is. He arrogantly smiled. He had huge balls to come into America and tell us how wrong we are (which we know just cant really do much about it), althought we are right about some and wrong about some just as much as the next country. I would however like to think he doesnt have balls... but is ignorant.

My mind tells me to go to the bathroom every time i hear something about him or i read his transcripts. Guess its my soul telling me hes full of crap and i need to let mine out for letting it infect my mind.

They dont need nukes, they need help. Quit trying to support terrorist groups and America might donate money to you like we do everyone else. Problem solved. (you can say they dont support them but its a lie) Even America probably supports a terrorist group that hates Iran right now. - Im making that up of course. I would not be surprised tho.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad is a jerk, a loudmouth and a demagogue no doubt about it, but who cares?

If Iran hates us, we brought it on ourselves by sticking our noses into their business for decades, starting with overthrowing their democracy and putting a puppet dictatorship in place back in 1953.

If they threaten Israel - who cares?
The Israelis have created their own problems.
Israel is not the United States, and Israel should defend itself without our help.

As far as nukes go - even the US Government says they ended their weapons program five years ago...

Iran is not any kind of realistic military threat to the US.

As for terrorism - yes, we do support terrorist organizations fighting the Iranian government.

It's nothing new, we've supported terrorist movements for at least fifty years ... we just call them "freedom fighters"

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

An Iranian cleric criticised President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Wednesday for pursuing foreign policy that favoured slogans over diplomacy ahead of a parliamentary election that will test the leader's popularity.

Source: www.iranian.ws...

Ahkma-Nut-Job is just upset because he's being reprimanded at home.

I think for a country and its respective leader(s) to declare itself #1 they should probably have the following:

1. The ability to refine their own oil.
2. Agreement that the Holocaust "actually" took place
3. Equal rights for women. They could even run for President!
4. Acceptance of the exsistence of homosexuals.
5. Free Religion
6. Emancipation

Please feel free to add another hundred or two if you'd like.

You know, Nut-Job may have a lot of oil in his sand box but that hardly makes you #1

I'll be generous and rank his country 136 based on the above criteria.

Becker

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Well then I suspect that you know only recently the US Border patrol on the South border have started catching more and more Iranians crossing the border... You should keep an open mind... kinda like a funnel.

The U.S. is Christian Dominated... Christians are Jewish. Jesus was a Jew... any more questions? That is why the US will always support Israel... it is the holy land to us too. Maybe you should just post that your atheist and you dont give a rats @$S about anyone or anything... maybe you should post it loud and clear that if we went to war.. youd be the guy with his gun in his mouth about to pull the trigger... That would be very Cowardly. If you start something you finish it. We have bullied those countries for a long time for 1 reason... Ignorance and the fact that they choose not to educate their youth. There is more to it then you care to concern yourself with.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

youd be the guy with his gun in his mouth about to pull the trigger... Coward.

Nice, you don't have a response to my points, so you get personal.

If you saw me in person, I'd love for you to call me a coward to my face, but somehow I don't think it would happen

Not wanting to pick fights with people halfway around the planet for no good reason doesn't make me a coward.
It makes me a non-moron

And no, I definitely do not give a crap about Israel.
I don't see why I should be supporting a European Colony in the Mideast.

I guarantee you, if it were put to a vote, most Americans would not be willing to go to war to defend Israel, Christians or not.

Half the Jews I know don't even support Israel, let alone Christians...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Getting to the truth pretty quick then arent we

Yes Israel is only a symbol now. Any true Jewish person would be gone.

No there are new reports that they do have Nuclear capabilities and secret facilites. Israel has in the past few months discovered one and blew it up.

Watch your defense though because I never directly insulted you, I just led you to believe that I had. If insulting is using ther @$S then you should learn to get upset at less because... I dont care about some things either.

Do not fool yourself though, they are a threat... the reason I say that is because they do have nukes and they would use them because they have no self pride nor do they think about others... They would rather destroy the world then let those of other faiths to inhabit it.

I like arguing with people because if you notice... it is when people get angry that they can recall all the facts.
Nice post

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Be nice. PERIOD! Don't bait. Don't name-call. Don't react to such. Let's converse politely and keep it friendly.

Thank you.

Cuhail

ATS Moderator

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

I am sorry to burst you bubble but I agree with Xmotex, I am an American, no Jewish and not from Israel, so why should I concern myself with them?

Is not like the Israelis in the middle east are all peace loving people, to tell you the truth they have more wars recently under their belt that Iran had in decades.

So why should I care.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You are right but... What it all boils down to is that Iran is being run by a crazy man... Israel hates them they hate Israel... The U.S. will back up Israel because of agreements and all of that. If you hate Christians and Jews so be it... but those guys are the reasons tyrants arent running this country. Its a win no win situation. I support Israel because they bring to light the truth of this world.. People want to worship by a certain mound because it was said to be special. What they are overlooking is the fact that they should not even be worshipping a symbol but worship in their hearts what the symbol is supposed to be for. Thats all...

I agree and Disagree... religious view are always going to be debated tho.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Sorry Cuhail

And sorry For the debate... I just normally assume that since conflicts brings up truth use it... wont do it again.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
It's fairly ordinary propaganda, just about every country claims it is uniquely great

You've never heard Americans going "USA number one!"?

USA numba one! is usually what Japanese tourists say on the strip...We just chant USA USA!

I'm sorry, this added nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
Do not fool yourself though, they are a threat... the reason I say that is because they do have nukes and they would use them

lmfao

yep !!! that's what they said about Iraq too ......
see where that goose chase got us

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thank GOD.

They can fix everything now.

I was getting kinda of tired for searching for invisible weapons of mass destruction while we suffer at home.

U.S. has second worst newborn death rate in modern world, report says

(CNN) -- An estimated 2 million babies die within their first 24 hours each year worldwide and the United States has the second worst newborn mortality rate in the developed world, according to a new report.

By the way, don't let 'em fool ya! Bush/McCain have a plan to fix that too with a third Bush term.

new topics

top topics

join