It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Party Over: Top Democrats lead Bush in poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Not just leading Bush but leading Bush in double digits! Its over the the Bushmaster! Ha-ha. No one likes him and we all want him to go back home.

WASHINGTON (USATODAY.com) � Democrat John Kerry holds his largest lead yet over President Bush in a head-to-head match-up among likely voters, a new USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup poll concludes, and rival John Edwards also holds a double-digit lead over the president.
The poll, taken Feb. 16-17, indicates that if the election were held today, Kerry would be chosen by 55% of likely voters, compared to 43% for Bush. In the last polling, Feb. 6-8, Bush held a 49-48 advantage.

Edwards, Kerry's sole remaining major rival for the Democratic nomination, holds a 54%-44% advantage, the poll indicates. The question has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

usatoday.printthis.clickability.com... 3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fnews%2Fpoliticselections%2Fnation%2Fpresident%2F2004-02-18-poll_x.htm&partnerID=1660

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I really hope Bush is out of office!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The polls are going to go both ways. In the end I think Americans will vote based on Economy and Terrorism. With that, in the end Bush will smear Kerry.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
How the hell does Bush have 43% of people polled voting for him? Did they take the poll in the richest neighborhood in Houston?

A little story that saddened me was I was tlaking to my dad on the phone the otehr day and I asked him who he was voting for and he said,

"Bush. I hate the guy, I knew what he was going to do with the country before he even got into office, but I need my tax cuts. I don't like the war, never have, but if my tax cuts are rolled back I'm going to leave."

I thought it was funny (yet somewhat greedy) so I told him, you don't need to vote for Bush, vote libertarian like me. And he said "I want my vote to count, what if my vote is the one that gets a democrat into power and my tax cuts lost."

I gave up. Sad story, but true, a lot of people have something to lose if Bush is thrown out. I think if people cared more about the state of the country and the world than their portfolio holdings then this guy wouldn't have # all in terms of support.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Dreamrebel: What're you? High? The economy and terrorism. He's a failure at that too! Where have YOU been for the past 4 years? We got hit under hsi watch. We lost about 3 million jobs under his watch. Enron happened under his watch---and none of his friends have gone to jail. We are in an unnecessary war under his watch where Americans are dying everyday. Everything BAD happened under Bush but YOU would elect him again.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If the election were held today, that would be like LANDSLIDE numbers.

Kerry OR Edwards would beat Bush like he was Dukakis or Mondale.

The term Kerry Republicans or Edwards Republicans will be as relevant as Reagen Democrats.

Either way, I want Edwards on the ticket. None of this Clark crap. Edwards is the one that gets Indy and Repub votes.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Not just leading Bush but leading Bush in double digits! Its over the the Bushmaster!

All i can say is ..WOO HOO! I just hope it sticks / Bush can't rig the election enough to win.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Finally the bad guys are on the run!

We're huntin' 'em down and smokin 'em out!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hopefully the bad guys will loose for once......to be replaced by not-quite-as-bad guys......hmmmmm....

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Where'd you get that little dancing guy?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Bush is probably crying to Pappa Rove and Daddy Cheney right now.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles

Where'd you get that little dancing guy?

Its on the BTS side of the website.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Colonel,

Remember, Bush still has the Osama trick up his sleve. They know exactly where he is. Whenever his administration goes a little more South on the polls, he will bring him out. Or, they are going to wait for a cold day in October...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ifg everyone knows that Bush knows he has him (as we apparently do) then there is no surprise and he will continue to sink in the polls.

What will be the real surprise if there is no Osama surprise in the Fall.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
But there was clearly no sustained bump in the polls for the nefarious mob.
Look, once the the frontrunner feels the cement of his position, the bright lights will be placed on the bait & switch of tax cuts. It's the last vestige of "legitimacy" the Bush team has.

Poli Sci Majors: When was the last time the #1 & #2 contenders for their party's nomination linked up to be on the same ticket?
Because Kerry/Edwards seems like the only logical choice......not that it means anything to be logical, but still.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I personally would like to see Edwards/Kerry. One can't put the ole Massachusetts liberal tag on Edwards and he knows the true consequences of many working Americans losing their jobs.

I saw a comment above about the war on terrorism. Afganistan is again becoming in the hands of the Taliban. The war lords control most of the territory and the average Afgani is turning to the Taliban for protection from the lords. It has turned out to be a big joke.

I stood on my soapbox and predicted all this. One can't fight a cloaked foe in the open(tanks etc.). It must be done from within. Anyone with common sense would realize this.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
I personally would like to see Edwards/Kerry. One can't put the ole Massachusetts liberal tag on Edwards and he knows the true consequences of many working Americans losing their jobs.

I'd take that, but something like Edwards/Hillary or Edwards/Richardson would be more realistic and ROCK.

Richardson is my first VP choice for Edwards. Hispanic Governor from West.

Of course Edwards/Dean wouldn't be bad. Or Kucinich!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The election is still a little ways off, Colonel. You were all up on Dean's jock a few months ago........

If were to have a dem president, please let it be Edwards, and not Kerry. Richardson, sure. Just no more Clintons.

How 'bout a Edwards/ Traficant ticket? (just as soon as I spring Jimmy from the 'pen, lol). Or, better yet, a Miller/Traficant combo! Those are some dems I'd vote for.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Guys to tell you the truth Kerry scares the # out of me. I dont know why but I have a bad feeling about him. I hope he doesnt win the nomination.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yea

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join