It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush unaware of $4 dollar/gal gas! WHAT!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The supposed hike in minimum wage last year to 7.25 per hour from 5.15 and hour ( both of these amounts are sad) hasn't even come into effect in most states. In Georgia they have until September to institute the first of the hikes, employers don't even have to start paying 7.25 in the year 2008, it will be 2009 by the time all the raises are in effect. By then, what? I am sure that in 2009, a 10.00 and hour minimum wage will not even be enought to feed most families! Let alone trying to feed them on less.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
haha, you have to love Bush. These abstract concepts he comes up with, like "double uncertainty" reminds me of how unexperienced people like to throw mud into a topic by making up words or trying to redefine them on the spot.

reply to post by space cadet

raising wages will have little effect, since it just causes more inflation anyways.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by scientist]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by realmatrix

Originally posted by RRconservative
I like the part at the end of the news snippet "among other reasons"...yeah like how we are not allowed to drill on 81% of our own coastline...like how we haven't been able to build a new oil refinery in 25 years...like how we still aren't able to drill in ANWAR.

Still want to blame Bush about high gas prices???

Try blaming the enviro-whackos.

About Bush being unaware of $4 a gallon gas....I for the 1st time this week paid $3.00 a gallon....sorry but the world does not revolve around California, and their $3.97 a gallon gas.

Hummm..you're right! Bush has been in office for the last 8 years with a republican congress for 7 of those 8 years.....so why have'nt we gotten this done? Care to explain?

Do I really have to explain the political and judicial process to you?

You could have 75% of Congress and the Senate vote to approve offshore and ANWAR drilling, and all it would take is one envirowhacko to file a lawsuit on behalf of a spotted owl or a snail darter, and one liberal judge willing to hear the suit, and that would wipe everything out. Then you have States rights to deal with, which falls into that particular states legislative process.

Bush Derangement Syndrome is real, and has a huge impact on rational thinking of liberals. The sad part about Bush is with the 3 clowns running for President now, in 3-4 years we will be looking back wishing we had a person like Bush in the White House.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just a question but what are Americans going to do when they have to pay 10$ a gallon for petrol as we do here in the UK. I would say the yanks have got it cheap at the moment.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Just a question but what are Americans going to do when they have to pay 10$ a gallon for petrol as we do here in the UK. I would say the yanks have got it cheap at the moment.

Thats a good question.....but we are already at 3.20/gal here with prices exppected to go up by 30cents by end of march. It's looking more like $5/gal price by summertime. N eedless tyo say it going to put a crimp in the summer travel season for many families.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
He's not entirely stupid... he's still a moron, but he's not entirely incapable of tying his shoes.

He knows gas prices are going up to and beyond $4 a gallon.

The reason he reacted that way, is it is very dangerous, especially in a press conference, to admit to a worsening economic situation.

He knows he's screwed up, he knows the economy is collapsing, and his reaction was intended to make it seem like the idea of $4/gal gas is far fetched... problem is, he didn't have enough time to plan his reaction, so, as usual, he ended up showing off his ability to look stupid again.

He knows there's a problem... and he hasn't got a clue what to do about it.
It's clear from his expression, he's scared. And he should be.

I keep saying it... the man is incompetent. For every day of inept decisions that man makes while president, it's another month of work we'll have to do to fix his mistakes.

Get him out before he manages to destroy the worlds economy too.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I like how you have defined caring for the environment, the producer of our finite resources, as purely a "liberal" thing.

Is it possible for you to take a step back from the usual partisan double talk and realize that your fellow Americans are worried and some are in serious economic trouble? What has the bush administration actually done to help those Americans that already face a desperate situation, and those that soon will? And of course, you can ask yourself the same question about the Clinton administration (i have no love of either.)

Why must everything you post be so divisive?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
When gas prices rise above the $4/gal mark nationwide, you'll have a very large percentage of the population that can no longer afford to work.

Crime rates will rise, food prices will skyrocket, chaos will reign, cats and dogs will live in harmony, and a full scale economic collapse will ensue. At that point we're all scr-wed..

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
As bad as high fuel costs are today I hold sort of an optimistic view on the subject. With costs creeping up higher and higher every year it has become a priority of newer companies to search out and find new ways to bring us energy – whether that is hybrid cars, nuclear power, solar energy, etc. Companies are looking for new energy sources to sell consumers. We may have to tough it out a few more years and learn to conserve energy better but I really believe the system is not going to crash and burn but eventually revolutionize the energy process for the future.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

I would like to be as optimistic as you are... but the train is coming to the station faster than the passengers would like. Meaning, there are already signs of extreme price hikes across the board, in food cost, transportation, and speculation in the commodities market....OIL.

While I agree that there are tremendous options out there, I just don't think they will arrive to market fast enough to make a difference.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Bush is so out of touch with whats going on in the economy for regular folks that he also indicated that the economy is not in a recession!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh, he knows what is going on all right. Bush is sly like a fox. In 2000, oil was $33/barrel and now it is over 3 1/2 times that amount pushing $110/barrel. If oil is $110, how can he possibly not know that $4/gallon gas is right around the corner? I can hardly wait until January '09.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Bush is so out of touch with whats going on in the economy for regular folks that he also indicated that the economy is not in a recession!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh, he knows what is going on all right. Bush is sly like a fox. In 2000, oil was $33/barrel and now it is over 3 1/2 times that amount pushing $110/barrel. If oil is $110, how can he possibly not know that $4/gallon gas is right around the corner? I can hardly wait until January '09.

You're right ....he knows alright. Here is his outlook as of today.

WASHINGTON — The White House says that soaring oil prices are "not going to be solved overnight" and that "it would be wrong" of President Bush to promise otherwise.

Presidential spokeswoman Dana Perino said Tuesday on Air Force One that "there are some things we cannot do." Her comments came as oil prices rose above $109 a barrel for the first time. They are up from $87 a barrel in January.

She said that the White House is concerned about the impact on consumers and small businesses. But she said, "It would be wrong of the president to provide false hope to people to think that we are going to be able to have an immediate impact to reduce gas prices. This is something that we're all going to have to work through."

www.foxnews.com...

He must actually think most Americans are totally asleep.....just last week he was unaware that gas might RISE to $4/gal....and now he says there is nothing he can do to slow down the price spikes!

And now he sending Cheney to the middle east to HELP NEGOTIATE OIL PRICES! WHAT!

Bush hopes Cheney's Mideast visit will rein in oil prices

www.iht.com...

[edit on 11-3-2008 by realmatrix]

[edit on 11-3-2008 by realmatrix]

apc

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
When was the last time Bush filled a tank anyway? Seriously?

reply to post by RRconservative

That's not entirely accurate. Common argument though. The last Congress passed legislation providing incentives for new refinery construction. There hasn't been any takers. Nuclear power, yeah the feds are in the way. Oil refining though... nope.

One of the big "other reasons" is the dollar being worth less and its expected continued decline. Want to get prices down? How about we stop printing billions of dollars every other month to fund wars and bail out moron lenders and idiot borrowers? Seems like as good a start as any.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
They could always release some of our strategic oil reserves to help stabilize the prices, but of course he and all his billionaire oil friends would not profit from that..

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well I guess the Decider and Chief is going to be very surprised....both California and Hawaii have gas prices above the $4/gal mark as of today....the countdown is on until it hits your neck of the wood

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

It's at 3.40/gal. here and on the rise. Have you noticed how all the gas stations have bought digital boards so they don't have to go out daily to change their signs? Hmm..

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh

Bush is out of touch with reality.

No.

Bush is not out of touch with reality. He belongs to another kind of reality. The Elitists. They don't really need to stay up to date once they are put into power. Why? Because we are apathetic. Seriously though, he can get away with that and so much more.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Driving home tonight I noticed deisel selling at 116.9p/litre. (about $2.10c/litre)

After the budget in the UK everyone is getting taxed to death.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

LOL.. When do you think was the last time Bush pumped his own gas, and paid for it out of his pocket directly?

Reminds me of a thing on Oprah I once watched.. she did not know how to pump gas at a gas station because she couldn't even remember the last time she drove her self anywhere lol.. something tells me Bush wouldn't be to different..

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
If you weren't rich enough to get any of Bush's tax cuts, how does extending them help you afford to buy gas?

Bush is out of touch with reality.

Ah...the sweet words of common sense.
Unfortunately this world doesn't work on reality just the perception of it crafted by buffoons like Bush&Co. and accepted by the sheep that are soon to get a good shearing.

"There ain't no recession, everything is fine."
"It's Bill Clinton's fault oil is getting higher"

I've heard him make comments like this. I mean good grief.

Line your cardboard boxes that will be our homes with dollar bills to insulate it.
They won't be worth much else.

- Lee

top topics

<< 1   >>

join