It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush unaware of $4 dollar/gal gas! WHAT!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Bush unaware of $4 dollar/gal gas! WHAT!

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- President Bush, saying he was unaware of predictions of $4-a-gallon gasoline in the coming months, told reporters Thursday that the best way to help Americans fend off high prices is for Congress to make his first-term tax cuts permanent.

"If you're out there wondering... what your life is going to be like, and you're looking at $4 a gallon, that's uncertain," Bush responded to a question posed at a White House news conference. "And when you couple that with the idea that... taxes may be going up in a couple years, that's double uncertainty."

Analysts have said that gasoline could reach $4 a gallon by this spring, due to strong demand and a change in formulation, among other reasons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
During his press conference this morning President Bush indicated that he was unaware of the economic prediction that gas prices would reach $4/gal possibly by this spring.

I am sure that his oil buddies have gauranteed that they will keep gas prices below the $4 dollar mark....ohhh say$3.99!

Bush is so out of touch with whats going on in the economy for regular folks that he also indicated that the economy is not in a recession!

Even Fed Chief Bernanke admits to the recession being here

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

Bush's tax cuts went mostly to the wealthy.

www.cbpp.org...

The early returns on the effects of the tax cuts have not been good.

The Bush tax cuts have contributed to revenues dropping in 2004 to the lowest level as a share of the economy since 1950, and have been a major contributor to the dramatic shift from large projected budget surpluses to projected deficits as far as the eye can see.
The tax cuts have conferred the most benefits, by far, on the highest-income households — those least in need of additional resources — at a time when income already is exceptionally concentrated at the top of the income spectrum.
The design of these tax cuts was ill-conceived, resulting in significantly less economic stimulus than could have been accomplished for the same budgetary cost. In part because the tax cuts were not as effective as alternative measures would have been, job creation during this recovery has been notably worse than in any other recovery since the end of World War II.

If you weren't rich enough to get any of Bush's tax cuts, how does extending them help you afford to buy gas?

Bush is out of touch with reality.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

He is also going to veto the "foreclosure bill" to help some American save their homes!
This is getting ridiculous, the game their are playing in Washington and at the Whitehouse is going to lead to revolt by the people....then of course he will institute marshall law!

link   
The Dynasty creates a reality for others so they may keep theirs. We're letting them do this! This is insane.

link   
$4 gas huh?

Well, it's a good thing the house passed that big "tax the oil man" package.

How do these people not understand? Who the hell do they think pays the tax? Sure, the tax is directed at Exxon or Shell or whatever but where do they get their money? What's that you say? From us? So we get to pay their tax for them? Well, that's right Billy. Any costs or burden levied onto a company that earns its money by selling goods or services simply offsets those costs by charging more for that good or service. If the offset burden on the consumer becomes high enough to hurt sales the company further offsets its new burden onto its employees. The corporate entity is the last in line for actually paying any of its burden.

Well why would the government want to raise the price per gallon of gas for us? Don't they want to help us? You see, Billy, government taxes every gallon of gas sold. This tax is a percentage of the base price per gallon. So as the cost per gallon goes up, Billy, the tax goes up thereby increasing the profit to the very people who levied the tax to begin with.

The oil companies hardly care at all about the increase as they never feel it. The government loves the increase because they profit from it. You and I, Billy, get taxed thrice over for it.

God Bless America!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
somebody posted gas is already at $3.97 a gallon in California, so when a mouse farts next to a oil refinery it will go up to $4.25 a gallon.

Duh Prez Georgy boy is way out of touch with the working class who survive on paycheck to paycheck trying to feed their families and pay bills.
The Recession started about 5 months ago and is working quickly into a Depression.

Food prices going up,Oil prices climbing, wages staying the same , less consumer goods bought with the ailing dollar. What proof does Bush need ?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
No suprise he would be unaware of that. He has a history of living in his bubble-world where everything is 'happy time' and everyone surrounding him is a yes man. And I'm sure after the press conference, he probably traded high-fives with all of his oil family and cronie profiteers. "Did you hear that? We're getting richer and richer!"

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think you should all read this thread: It goes much more in depth concerning the background of this issue:

Bush Recession Quote Thread

and i won't have to re-type everything in this thread to argue or show what more people think

[edit on 28-2-2008 by aaaauroraaaaa]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS:

Watch the Video.

I think this incident is very revealing. Watch his genuine shock at the number.

:shk:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Holy crow...

Don't worry about that, he just hadn't snorted enough coc aine that morning. Or too much.

I thought the videos and sound bites of Bush's stupidity had finally finished for the time being. How wrong I was.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I like the part at the end of the news snippet "among other reasons"...yeah like how we are not allowed to drill on 81% of our own coastline...like how we haven't been able to build a new oil refinery in 25 years...like how we still aren't able to drill in ANWAR.

Still want to blame Bush about high gas prices???

Try blaming the enviro-whackos.

About Bush being unaware of $4 a gallon gas....I for the 1st time this week paid $3.00 a gallon....sorry but the world does not revolve around California, and their $3.97 a gallon gas.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I like the part at the end of the news snippet "among other reasons"...yeah like how we are not allowed to drill on 81% of our own coastline...like how we haven't been able to build a new oil refinery in 25 years...like how we still aren't able to drill in ANWAR.

Still want to blame Bush about high gas prices???

Try blaming the enviro-whackos.

About Bush being unaware of $4 a gallon gas....I for the 1st time this week paid $3.00 a gallon....sorry but the world does not revolve around California, and their $3.97 a gallon gas.

Hummm..you're right! Bush has been in office for the last 8 years with a republican congress for 7 of those 8 years.....so why have'nt we gotten this done? Care to explain?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ah, hell, I wrote to that man and said "Read my email: No new tax cuts!" The last round of cuts went to paying for higher health insurance premiums, auto insurance, homeowners insurance. Now, he wants to give my tax cut to the oil industry!! This is killing me, man!

I thought these tax cuts were so Americans would have more to spend on the economy in general. He tells me that it's my money but expects me to give it to the oil companies. This is highway robbery--literally!

What saps we are for thinking that the tax cuts, "our money", would be ours to keep and do with it what we'ld like, like take a vacation, pay for college for the kids, save... but no, we're scammed into giving it to oil companies.

Sigh...I give up...go ahead, George, and give me another tax break, so I can buy groceries...

Oh, hell, go ahead and drown government in a bathtub like you want. But get rid of the military, too, and maybe we can make chocolate and have secret bank accounts like the Swiss and be neutral.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I don't know what things are like in america, but here in australia, I'm paying $1.56 per litre, petrol, to put that into perspective a loaf of bread costs $3.90!!
I think theres something like 4 litres to the gallon roughly. The recession in america is going to hit us hard if things are as they are now. I work on a wheat and sheep property, and farmers here are selling off nearly all livestock so they can crop the lot with wheat,barley, and canola.The higher the grain price, the more bread costs even though we grow millions of tonnes of it. We, the average wage earner, are paying through the nose for the produce we produce! I still cant work it out? why?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by skribal
I don't know what things are like in america, but here in australia, I'm paying $1.56 per litre, petrol, to put that into perspective a loaf of bread costs $3.90!!
I think theres something like 4 litres to the gallon roughly. The recession in america is going to hit us hard if things are as they are now. I work on a wheat and sheep property, and farmers here are selling off nearly all livestock so they can crop the lot with wheat,barley, and canola.The higher the grain price, the more bread costs even though we grow millions of tonnes of it. We, the average wage earner, are paying through the nose for the produce we produce! I still cant work it out? why?

I took the liberty of checking current currency exchange rates, to compare the AUD to the USD...they are virtually the same right now, 1AUD = about 95 cents USD.

Almost $4 for a loaf of bread?!? Blimey. A gallon of milk here (USA) is still under $4, about $3.59 to $3.89. Of course, in the US we have enjoyed incredibly reduced gasoline prices, compared to the rest of the world, for decades. Looks like the robber-barons want to remedy that situation.

skribal is of course, correct, that there are approx 4 litres to one US gallon, since a litre is just slightly larger than a quart...it's about 3.86 litres/gallon. Our friends down-under have, therefore, been paying around $6 per gallon for years, similar in Europe.

It is indeed a dark time looming ahead. I am very glad to have so many ATS members from Australia and the EU and the UK to help provide a global perspective!

[spell]

[edit on 29-2-2008 by weedwhacker]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Follow- up to the Idiot-in-Chief's Press Conference...

He acted 'surprised' by the reporter's question re: $4 a gallon gasoline...yet four minutes later, the subject had turned to financing for his Presidential Library...and his answer was a dodge, saying that he knew there were some deals in the works, but didn't have the specifics because he had lately been FOCUSED on the issue of gas prices....!!!

What a fool, and what a tool. We are truly doomed....

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
weedwacker, just got back and read your post, I didn't mention that in my little town in the middle of nowhere, the farmers are really quite wealthy, even thought they would have believe different, as such with only a few stock traders one roadhouse, and one general store, and one pub, there is no competition, and because the farmers are all wealthy they can afford higher prices. I however cannot. Therefore bread is dear, infact everything is. A single 30 can block of midstrengh beer is $39 here.....no competition.I negotiated my conditions of my job to include no rent on farmhouse, no powerbill, no waterbill, and i am going out in a minute to get a sheep in for the freezer. Apart from car loan repayments and internet connection (which by the way costs $60 per month with a one gig limit!!!) I dont have any other bills. I dont know how amphetamine addicts in the cities survive though, its no wonder there is so much crime, how do people survive? living on the streets and having no food is the same as living in a house and having no food.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Witness to the systemized take down of America. Our commander and chief is right in front.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
He hadn't heard that ... He hasn't pumped his own gas since it cost $1.25 a gallon

75 cents?

[edit on 29-2-2008 by zanthal]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join