It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another person dumped from wheelchair by police in florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
believe it or not this is a separate story from the one that was posted a couple weeks ago:

video.ap.org...

Lawyers for Benjamin Rayburn, 32, a paraplegic now serving 10 years in state prison, say he was left to flail on the ground for more than an hour after deputies dumped him out of his wheelchair. The Sheriff's Office says the deputies handled the case properly.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I know people will eventually come and defend the police and their actions(well maybe not their actions) but my god people, where is your humanity? Although it does appear that the man in the wheelchair was acting out(no one likes to be in jail) you're telling me that the best way to handle the situation would be to dump him on the floor?? Videos like these make me distrust all "peace" officers.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with removing the wheel chair. It could potentially become a weapon, should the man become even more distraught/violent, it could hinder police intervention, or the man could cause himself to fall out and injure himself.

Although I will say that they could at least have placed the guy on the bed instead of the floor.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe the guy was being unruly.

Is this guy a criminal?

If so what did he do?

If it was rape or murder, or anything like that, I'd say .......

LEAVE HIM ON THE GROUND.

Id even spit at him

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Come on, people, we're talking about throwing a wheelchair-bound person to the ground! As for using the wheelchair as a weapon... What, was he going to do a Blofeld and fire machineguns from the armrests?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

LEAVE HIM ON THE GROUND.

Id even spit at him

thanks for being part of the problem, rather than the solution.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
True or not the ideal exists that police do not understand their position in our society. Proactive social policing has gone down the damn tubes along with reason and has been replaced by programmed responses and reactive enforcement.

The guy was a parapalegic according to the story...whether or not he was a criminal beforehand isnt our issue to discuss because its obvioius karma has met him around the damn corner in the form of a bus or whatever it was that made him crippled.
If he is a regular man caught in some ignorant crack that our law enforcement agents perpetuate then THEY are the ones who should be left in the freakin ditches and spat on....i mean the guy is a damn cripple!!!
No reason anymore....onnly robots.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This place makes me laugh sometimes.
Anyone else remember thread on ATS a couple of months ago, when police tasered a woman in a wheelchair multiple times?

Everybody was outraged of course, but the most common suggestion of what the police should have done was,
dump them out of the wheelchair.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That means they're listening to us. Now, what do we suggest they'd do instead? I say, drive him off to jail without any unnecessary harrasments. Who knows, they might actually listen this time as well...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
I see nothing wrong with removing the wheel chair.

it sounds so much nicer when you say "remove" the chair. sort of like when you are arrested, they "suggest" you go with them.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

LEAVE HIM ON THE GROUND.

Id even spit at him

And therewith the entire heritage of English Common Law dies yet another death in the U.S.A. No more Innocent Until Proven Guilty. Just accept the charges as fact and let slip the dogs...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I saw this story earlier, I believe the cops found a crack pipe either on him or in his cell. but either way they probably should have not dumped him. This differs from the other man dumped last week, in that he was being arrested for a traffic violation.

Needless to say if your in prison for ten years, cops aren't too kind when they find a crack pipe on you!

[edit on 28-2-2008 by realmatrix]

top topics

join