It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAT: Personality Test for Secret Angency?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Has anyone else ever heard the urban legend that the SAT is really a personality test for a secret government agency?

I can't remember the person who first told me this, or where I heard it from, but it was years ago when I was still in high school.

Evidently, there are a series of trigger questions on the test. Based on how you answer those trigger questions you create a profile of yourself. If your profile meets what the recruiters are looking for they follow you to college.

Once they're studied you enough, and determine your still what they're looking for, they make contact with you. If it turns out you don't meet what they're looking for they stop following you and you join regular society.

I always thought it was actually a really neat idea, even though I'm sure it's not real.

Anyone else ever hear about something like this, whether for the SAT or other standardized test?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
SAT math and english test MATH AND ENGLISH. The writing portion may, however, be used to assess certain political views, but I can't see how they can't do it in an ordinary English or History or Civics class.

One more thing, this belongs on ATS, under "education and media".

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777

One more thing, this belongs on ATS, under "education and media".

No...I posted this as a question on an Urban Legend I had heard. Therefore, it's in the Folk Tales & Urban Legend forum.

Also, word association questions, and the answers people select, can provide a very interesting insight into how people think. Since the SAT is chalk full of these, it would provide a large amount of data for someone if they wanted to mine it.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Also, word association questions, and the answers people select, can provide a very interesting insight into how people think. Since the SAT is chalk full of these, it would provide a large amount of data for someone if they wanted to mine it.

Yes, but a "response to literature" essay on Brave New World or 1984 will provide EVEN MORE insight.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I actually remember something about this mind is jarred a little bit but what I am remembering is something from a movie. No I do not remember what movie it was from seems like a pg or pg-13 kids movie I am thinking it would have to be about 15 + years ago will try and nudge the ol brain pan harder and see if I can come up with something.

ahh found one movie dont think this is what I was thinking of but...DEBS

[edit on 10-3-2008 by drift393]

new topics

top topics

join