It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question Time With Nerdling.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well i'm rather bored and trying to keep my eyes open so i thought i'd do one of these "ask me anything" threads, just so i can remember who likes me and who hates me

Nah, go for it, i'm bored and so are you!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ennui has not set in with MA.

What would happen if every ATS member started a thread called "Question time with *insert member name*" ?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Ennui has not set in with MA.

What would happen if every ATS member started a thread called "Question time with *insert member name*" ?

There would be 5355 threads

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If you drink a soft drink from a Coffee Cup can you still call it a Coffee Cup?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What's the prevalent theme among Scots at home? In US terms would you say sophisticated, drunken brawlers, rednecks, all of the above?

The reason I ask, I'm of Scottish descent here in NC. We have Highland games, etc, but they (we) are commonly known as HILLBILLIES in the US. At least those that immigrated. And probably rightfully so.

(Not me) but they also tend to be racist SOB's. Alot of Klan activity from the Scots around here. Coincidence or part of the heritage?

Edjumacate us Nerdling?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
(Not me) but they also tend to be racist SOB's. Alot of Klan activity from the Scots around here. Coincidence or part of the heritage?

Edjumacate us Nerdling?

Many of the Scots who emigrated to the South Eastern US were heavily involved in the slave trade, so it is part of their heritage, but not part of Scottish culture in general.

And yes, we are all drunken brawlers.

I do apologise for answering a question addressed to Nerdling, but I felt it had to be cleared up.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well we're a sophisticated type of people however we do like a good drink.

Number 1 Conversation Topic = The Weather.

Person 1: Aye, the skies grey th'day
Person 2: Aye, tis....aye.... *sigh*

We're very proud of our heritage and we generally don't like the english... the irish.... the germans... the french... russians... canadians... american tourists... the japanese... and the list goes on.

Black people? In Scotland? Are you mad?
We don't have black people in scotland.

Just lots of asians, specifically gangs of hyped up muslims from pakistan who seem to think they run the city.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad

Edjumacate us Nerdling?

Many of the Scots who emigrated to the South Eastern US were heavily involved in the slave trade, so it is part of their heritage, but not part of Scottish culture in general.

And yes, we are all drunken brawlers.

I do apologise for answering a question addressed to Nerdling, but I felt it had to be cleared up.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

No prob. That's fascinating. They rounded up slaves? Sailed the seas? I had no idea. If that is hat you meant.

Never knew the Scots were big sailors. Were they mostly crew then on English ships? Or Danish? Or what?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
How many letters are there in the greek alphabet?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
why do we keep asking questions on "it's ask.... such and such time " ?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
How many letters are there in the greek alphabet?

Oh Oh Oh i know this one! 24!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What was Hamlets fathers name?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
What was Hamlets fathers name?

I don't know, i hate shakespeare!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If they call it a 'head' of lettuce, then what did they do with the rest of the body?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
If they call it a 'head' of lettuce, then what did they do with the rest of the body?

They renamed all the bad bits "cabbage"

It explains the awful taste

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

No prob. That's fascinating. They rounded up slaves? Sailed the seas? I had no idea. If that is hat you meant.

Never knew the Scots were big sailors. Were they mostly crew then on English ships? Or Danish? Or what?

Being part of the UK, Scots mainly sailed on British ships. At it's peak in the 19th/20th century, Scottish shipbuilding accounted for almost one third of the world's merchant shipping. Scotland played quite a disproportional part in running the British empire. Many rich merchants were based in Scotland and traded in Tobacco, tea, cotton, etc. Until Slavery was made illegal under British law the same merchants were involved in transporting slaves from Africa to America, and in running plantations.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I really need some answers can you help me out Nerdling?

Why do they call it a pair of pants when you only get one?

Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with their lights off?

Why do they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?

Why is the word abbreviation so long?

What do you do when you discover an endangered animal that eats only endangered plants?

Why are there braille signs on drive-up ATM's?

new topics

top topics

join