It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Abu Ghraib Images (WARNING: very disturbing)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
That's funny. No I didn't see uranium or anything related to it.

So your saying you never had a weapon then ? The D-U Is being used in OUR rounds. How could you ever have been there and think that the D-U was one of THEIR weapons. If you ever handled a bullet from OUR side there you seen the D-U.

Iraqi cancers, birth defects blamed on U.S. depleted uranium
seattlepi.nwsource.com...
Depleted Uranium: Horror from America
www.truthout.org...
BBC NEWS | In Depth | US to use depleted uranium
news.bbc.co.uk...
Central Asia Concern Grows that U.S. Has Used Depleted Uranium
baltimorechronicle.com...
Remains of toxic bullets litter Iraq | csmonitor.com
www.csmonitor.com/2003/0515/p01s02-woiq.html

[edit on 28-2-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here's my thoughts on that last posting. I'm sure that these soldiers have been trained to do more than just kill. I was trained as a high voltage power lineman and for internal electrical systems. These people are our defenders and let's not keep slapping them in the face.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Absolutely they will demand War Crimes prosecution!! However, I'm pretty sure Bush and his sickening cabal have made themselves immune from war crimes starting directly after 9/11 by creating some bogus law making them not responsible. Can anyone verify this for me? I just don't remember where I heard this, but I believe it's true.

Has everyone seen this video......???
www.youtube.com...://www.puppetgov.com/videos.php

This might make you upset, I know it pissed me off!!

Purduegrad05

link   
I'm going to surprise NewWorldOver.

The WMD's were a bald faced lie. Bush was a bad idea. The war has been badly mishandled. Our rights are being wrongly stripped away. We need new leaders.

I also need to say this however. Most of the Soldiers in our all volunteer Military are brave, decent people serving a country they love which has given us opportunities beyond our wildest dreams. No doubt we will experience jealousy (hate) from some.

link   
LISTEN.....all of you people who are anti-torture, think about this. These prisoners being tortured don't deserve rights or comfortable conditions. If you gave any of these animals the slightest chance, they'd kill you, me, and all of our friends and family. All of your responses about how it makes you sick.....MAKES ME SICK. Grow a set of balls, and realize you fight fire with fire. There's no "nice" way of goin about this. Maybe they'll think twice (if they're ever released) the next time they go to attack our American interests, or maybe they pass on the horrors to their extremeist buddies. They already hate us enough to do what they've done, why not strike some fear into them? These responses I've read are from most likely: Young men who have never had to survive on the streets or a bad neighborhood, who have never fought or played a sport in their life. The others probably women. Cowboy up, and realize just how evil the enemy is, then take a deep breath and beat them at their own game.

P.S. I pretty much despise the US Government by the way.....

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What in the world are you talking about. I never used any weapon that had uranium in it.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Then you were never there . And or never used a weapon . God they didnt tell you anything about the horrors and crimes your were commiting . No wonder your in the dark about all this stuff.

You think they wanted you to know that your rounds could cause cancer to you and the people that will have to live there for the next 100000000 years?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
reply to post by Blaine91555

ummm ... torture IS still happening.. the whole abu girab thing was a PR campaign to gather support for the TYPES of torture they'll allow... not disallowing it.. or stopping it. The CIA and contractors along with military are still carrying out torture.

I've never seen any proof of that. Please direct me to it??? I know 3 people were water-boarded. I'm on the fence about water-boarding if it saves American lives.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Funny how did you feel when those poor Japanese did it ? Oh thats right they were sentance to WAR CRIMES and KILLED.

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Don't call me a liar. I'm not attacking you like that on here. I was there and who in the world are you to tell me I wasn't. If the DU you are refering to was our armor peircers or our armor plating, then no I never used any of that stuff. I was in the Air Force sent to Kuwait and abroad to rebuild war torn areas. I did not have any weapons except for a sidearm. So knock off the liar crap will ya.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

I don't understand what the Japanese have to do with this? How is that proof that what we are discussing is still going on?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Just taking a look at the shoe on the other foot. It seems to fit a little to well.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Wow. This has devolved into personal attacks. I think I'll move on to a topic that has not been worn out 100 times on other threads.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yeah i guess that was a little personal. LOL /sarcasm Its all just a little bit of history repeated.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Two wrongs don't make a right. I've been hearing that statement since I was in diapers, and yet some fools here simply cannot grasp it.

Those of you condoning this type of abuse are clearly disturbed individuals. These are people. You don't know what wrongs, if any, they have committed. They didn't destroy your World Trade Center towers and Building 7. They didn't crash a plane into your Pentagon. They didn't ask for your assistance in dismantling Saddam's regime. They didn't impede your freedoms. They didn't aim "weapons of mass destruction" in your direction. You should be directing your hostility toward Saudi Arabia. Oh, but wait, the Iraqis have brown skin and resemble all of those weirdos who wear towels on their heads, so they MUST be a danger to you and your freedom. Get real!

How does stripping these men down and putting them in disgusting positions help bring freedom and safety to you at your computer? It seems this type of activity only serves to appease those who suffer from serious perversions. Seek help as soon as possible if you believe this type of treatment is acceptable.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

If you gave any of these animals the slightest chance, they'd kill you, me, and all of our friends and family.

Half these people are taxi drivers and other poor schmucks that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As for the rest - of course they'd kill me.

Our country invaded their country - if I was Iraqi I'd be up for killing some Americans too...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance
These responses I've read are from most likely: Young men who have never had to survive on the streets or a bad neighborhood, who have never fought or played a sport in their life. The others probably women.

Nope, you don't have me pegged at all. The topic of this thread is the new Abu Ghraib pictures. Let's try to stay on topic eh?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Stop bringing my Christian faith into it please silence. I'm not attacking your faith or lack thereof. They haven't proven that there were or weren't WMD. I was in Desert Storm and the things I've seen would lean me towards yes they did have WMD, but who knows for sure? Sadaam was no idiot. He knew how to cover his tracks. He covered them very well after Desert Storm when numerous soldiers came home with sicknesses that could not be identified. Sicknesses from some form of nerve and biological agents which are very illegal in war.

I keep mentioning it because I do not feel that your position on this issue exemplifies true Christian values. You sound like a good enough person, but I think you have allowed yourself to become consumed by fear and have fallen prey to the distortions and blatant lies that the Bush Admin has been putting out since 911. No sane and enlightened person can really condone this kind of thing. Even if they were trying to kill American soldiers (who were INVADING thier country), they did not deserve to be tortured in this way.

And Blaine: I do not blame the soldiers, I blame the American Government.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Everyone is aware of what happened in Abu Ghraib, and the humiliation that some detainees faced. My question is what exactly do you hope to accomplish by beating this horse? Do you see something positive coming from continually fixating on this? Goodwill from the Arab World? Goodwill in the Western World? Shall we continuously wallow in this crap, on move on? Maybe if we look at some more beheadings, that'll make people feel better too.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

If you gave any of these animals the slightest chance, they'd kill you, me, and all of our friends and family.

Half these people are taxi drivers and other poor schmucks that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As for the rest - of course they'd kill me.

Our country invaded their country - if I was Iraqi I'd be up for killing some Americans too...

The vast majority of Iraqis have no desire to kill Americans. That's a fallacy that anything approaching a majority is fighting against us. Look at what's happened in Al Anbar province, which 1 year ago was the absolute worst place in Iraq for violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join