It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Abu Ghraib Images (WARNING: very disturbing)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Its disgusting.

This is why nearly the whole world hates America. The US government is the Anti Christ. I hope Obama changes this for the good of the American country. Its a shame, beacuse many Americans will be labelled as the same as the government.

Im not stupid, every country in the world contains evil people in the wrong places..im sure the British Empire have a few things to answer for!

I have been to America a few times on holiday and the people are great. They love the English which is great too.

But, getting into the country is another matter, pass passport control is an utter joke. Im half English and Pakistani.....im telling you as a fact, I get treated differently than my wife does every time we go. My brothers have also experienced hard grillings from US border control and they have put us all off from visiting.

I dont need it the hassle and will probably never go to the mainlad again - except Maui (which isnt really America)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What do you expect? We are at war with an enemy that we do not know who they are. They don't parade around in Terrorist uniforms that say I'm the enemy in big letters on their chests and backs. We only know their typical appearance and ethnicity.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Abu Ghraib is no more and this reads like this is going on there today. More than disingenuous. Now its just spiteful and hateful and serves no purpose. Just like this thread serves no purpose nor does it bring a single new bit of information to the table.

You couldn't hide your bias if you tried, Blaine. Anybody can review your post history and see why it is you say something like this.

Yes, talking about injustice in the military and the government is just a fat waste of time isn't it? Let's all just hush up and slap some yellow support our troop ribbons on our cars.

There is absolutely no reason to discourage talk about what's going on in this war, except damage control. And damage control is a job for Government toadies and politicians, not ATS. We are about facing reality, not denying it.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

ummm ... torture IS still happening.. the whole abu girab thing was a PR campaign to gather support for the TYPES of torture they'll allow... not disallowing it.. or stopping it. The CIA and contractors along with military are still carrying out torture.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If you ignore "old history" it has a habit of repeating itself. It is still important because the US is still in Iraq. Even if the war was over, the truth would still be important. The more of it the better.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
What do you expect? We are at war with an enemy that we do not know who they are. They don't parade around in Terrorist uniforms that say I'm the enemy in big letters on their chests and backs. We only know their typical appearance and ethnicity.

Jesus Christ was of middle eastern appearance.

I resent your attitude.
If you are a "christian voice" then I am now atheist.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

so, kill and torture them all(including their 'unborn babies', and their born babies, and their grandmothers), and let god sort them out, yeah?

i think you'll be surprised when you meet your maker.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Most Christians that I meet are similar to this in terms of how they speak about the muslim religion. They say that the muslims hate all other faiths and that they want to kill all of us, etc, etc....But christians, catholics and the like, never look at their own crimes, especially their past ones like I mentioned before, specifically the Crusades period and the Knights Templars. I'm not a religious person and I believe that everyone has the right to believe what they want, but NOT at the expense of others and their faiths.
It's really simple I think....those of us in America who are not awake yet, justify what we're doing by calling it anti-terrorism and protecting the homeland(similar to the Nazis!!!). And we condemn those that we invade as terrorists because they bomb and try to kill us since we're invading their land. We justify the invasions based on ridiculous lies that the public just eats up and forgets about, i.e. WMD's, spreading Democracy, and the biggest lie....9/11! No one thinks about the situation if the roles were reversed but that is hypocrisy at it's best, something the United States is very good at!! Eventually the world will tire of our endless destruction of other countries and come after us, just as the world did when Hitler got too big, it's that simple!!

Purduegrad05

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

The first time around it was an important story about some Soldiers who went bad. They were found guilty and punished. Now it is just propaganda to falsely give the idea the entire Military was involved; which is a lie.

Have you forgotten about the NY Times embarrassment when they falsely claimed that the violent crime rate among returning soldiers was high and they were proved wrong. It was far lower than the general population.

If you are implying that all Soldiers are like that tiny group; then you have either bought into a lie or you are very misinformed some other way.

The problem with all these exaggerations and falsehoods on the Internet is that it will make it impossible to have a true record of the history. So no, exaggerations are contrary to accurately documenting history. Sometimes I wonder if people just wake up and say how can I express my hatred and bigotry toward the American People today. I know, lets dredge up some old inflammatory story, exaggerate and embellish it and claim its to important to forget.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
People ! Good grief, who said anything about killing them all. Who said anything about killing anyone. This thread is about the torture of war criminals. I'll admit that a lot of the torture down there violated their rights as humans, but that has been dealt with. Torture for information is totally acceptable in my opinion, but why aren't you people pitchin this big of a fit over the treatment of our prisoners here in America, or better yet at the torture and beheading of our soldiers and citizens over in Iraq and Afghanistan? Save the bunny huggin lectures and show some compassion where it belongs. Have any of you people raised your voice one time in opposition of how American troops and their allies are being treated over there? They are there doing what they are told by their governments. I would imagine that it is a giant slap in the faces of our soldiers over their to see that the world cares more about the rights of war criminals than their own soldiers.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
By the way it was never proven that Iraq did not have WMD.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
By the way it was never proven that Iraq did not have WMD.

Are you serious? Do we have an expert here on the WMD lies who can explain reality to our Christian friend?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The international community will be demanding war crimes prosecution. Mark my words. We will be hearing about this after the current administration is out of office as they then become much easier to prosecute.

These pictures are burned in the the collective mind of the world.
Germany has Hitler
Chile has Pinochet
Serbia has Slobodan Milosevic
Russia has Stalin
China has Mao
Cambodia has Pol Pot
USA has Bush

Is Abu Ghraib as bad as the holocaust - no way. But start to compare our war in Iraq with the Bosnia conflict and suddenly it's not that much of a stretch.

May a true patriotic fervor centered on the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence sweep the land and give us the courage to break the corporate vampire sucking the life from our spirit, our planet, and our future generations.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Stop bringing my Christian faith into it please silence. I'm not attacking your faith or lack thereof. They haven't proven that there were or weren't WMD. I was in Desert Storm and the things I've seen would lean me towards yes they did have WMD, but who knows for sure? Sadaam was no idiot. He knew how to cover his tracks. He covered them very well after Desert Storm when numerous soldiers came home with sicknesses that could not be identified. Sicknesses from some form of nerve and biological agents which are very illegal in war.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Did you get any shots before you went over there by chance? Were you near any Depleted Uranium?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That's funny. No I didn't see uranium or anything related to it. I did see things there that made me believe at the time that the Iraqi government was using various illegal forms of combat. Chemical and biological weapons for instance. If he had these things and used them, then why not WMD?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

www.salon.com...

www.public-action.com...

No WMD

They knew but they wanted a war

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That mess was never on the mainstream news. It was always rumored.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

You couldn't hide your bias if you tried, Blaine. Anybody can review your post history and see why it is you say something like this.

If telling the truth and not interjecting my hatreds and emotions into my thoughts is bias; then yes I'm biased.

If anyone thinks I approve of what those monsters did; then your bias is showing. Just because I don't hate America does not mean I'd stoop to spin (lying), exaggerating (lying) to make a point. I don't need to drag up old stories when I can't find any other way to express my hatred because I don't hate in that way.

I've seen everything from the Race Riots in the South and the Vietnam War to this mess now. Everything bad that occurs is based on hate and bigotry. Hate is hate and it will eat you up inside. It clouds judgment, warps perception and lead to all violence. Look at how Terrorism has changed our world.

Please don't ever misrepresent my feelings. I love the Muslim People and count some of them among my friends. I hate the Terrorists who are disgusting animals not worthy of wasting air on. I am not intellectually dishonest enough to say that because a few Soldiers did a bad thing, all Soldiers are bad. The inaccuracy of that statement is so transparent it does not even need to be pointed out. That mindset is no different than that of the KKK, the Nazi's or the Terrorists. They are all cut from the same piece of cloth.

If people are intolerant of other peoples opinions to the point you don't want them posted just hit the ignore button. Although this would be a pretty useless board if everyone just sat around agreeing with each other all the time.

If this thread of material that has been discussed, dissected and posted over and over again is not just to stir up hatred against us needlessly; what is it for? It's not new. It has been discussed over and over again. There are no new facts. There are no new pictures and they are just being leaked for umpteenth time. The fact that those guilty Soldiers have already been punished was not mentioned. What am I supposed to conclude?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here's a thought. Just think when those trained killers come home and sign up with law enforcement, security positions, guards in prisons, walmart greeters and start patroling the streets of america. Than think what is going through there heads as they look at normal people going about there every day business.

Can they be trusted to act as normal people or should they be under suspicion being formally trained to kill and interogate, torture and humilate people for reasons only they know.

Is this why we have all those tasering, shooting of unarmed suspects, cop chase crashes, cop rape, cop beatings, cop bounty hunters, cop breaking and entry, cop shoot first, ask questions later.

Just my thoughts!.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join