It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Abu Ghraib Images (WARNING: very disturbing)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

New Abu Ghraib Images (warning very disturbing)

www.wired.com

Monterey, California -- Psychologist Philip Zimbardo has seen good people turn evil, and he thinks he knows why.

Zimbardo will speak Thursday afternoon at the TED conference, where he plans to illustrate his points by showing a three-minute video, obtained by Wired.com, that features many previously unseen photographs from the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Totally disgusting. This is what the war in Iraq has made of the West. This is demonic and inhuman. A fabricated war on terror in an illegally occupied country. While very disturbing, I think it's best that we all see this. This is being done in the name of Americans and democracy.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This stuff happened in Vietnam. Not sure about prior wars but thats what we get..

We turn normal people into power huncry crazy fools.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Yeah, there's not much to say here, other than I'm pretty sure this is still going on in Cuba and at various other secret locations worldwide.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
IMO

I have photographed each picture of earch prison guard in my mind.

Do they think when they come home people are going to call them heros?
Do they know that when they come back, there are going to be people that are discusted by what they did?

Im caught up right now, torn between the anger that have towards these soldiers and what i want to do to them, and the reality that somehow those soldiers must have been fed that same hate that i am right now in order to ignore their humanity.

What is humanity? maybe this kind of treatment towards one another is normal, and we should stop being a bunch of snivelling pansies.

first person you see today, slap them out, strip them naked, and make them walk with you to work on a leash, then let me know how it feels... can i get woot woot

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Great post Silence....

We are savage creatures are we not?!?! Now, of course you will get a lot of people out there who believe this is justified because these people are a threat to our National Security here at home. Obviously this is total BS!! Why do we worry about third world countries so much, countries that had nothing to do with 9/11 and do not have a standing Navy or Army, etc. They are only attacking us because we are in their countries and occupying their land.
What would we do if China came over to America and said, "Guess what, we're setting up a huge base in your country and if you try to stop us, we'll torture you!" I think we would be a little upset, just maybe!

Anyway, great find there. Maybe one day we'll grow up since we are supposed to be the great free nation of the United States! Then again, I doubt it very much.

Purduegrad05

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Wow. Now i have seen some of those pics before and knew they were bad, but I just lost my appetite. Outrage is an understatement

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
Totally disgusting. This is what the war in Iraq has made of the West. This is demonic and inhuman.

This is being done in the name of Americans and democracy.

Demonic and inhuman: absolutely. But consider how many people are easily manipulated into becoming inhumane creatures? Too many to count.

We live in an age where the mental fortitude and moral foundation of the average citizen is all but extinguished. These are the people who commit atrocities, and the people who argue for the existence of detainment camps etc. "They're only hurting terrorists. Only insurgents. They're all guilty."

Unfortunately, America is split in half for this reason. (I actually think it is more a 1/4 split... but the media doesn't want us to know that the majority of us are good.) The majority of us are sane individuals who would never put ourselves in a position to brutalize other people etc... we know the war is BS and we know that the people committing atrocities in our name are worthless individuals. Unforunately, the other 1/4 of our population are the worthless individuals. They are either incapable of using sound moral judgement concerning their own country, government etc. or they are so corrupted that they actually encourage and endorse the mania of our demonic government, our highjacked military etc.

As long as the 1/4 continues to be painted as the average American, the rest of us don't have a chance at convincing the world that we are not all evil etc. It's too late. We need to seperate our identity entirely from this country and our military at this point. We need to disown our leaders and disown our government. But there's no peaceful way to do that. And the 1/4 would be more than willing to kill us for being 'traitors'.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What the hell was that zombie at 00:47? I saw abu ghraib files at Salon.com, and definately some of those pictures were same.. But I never saw that one.. Is that thing alive? I guess not. Another dead detainee on the list then

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Yes that is one of the worst. A soldier smiling giving the thumbs up next to a tortured and dead corpse of someone who believed he was defending his country from invaders (which he was). No humanity. This is a snapshot of hell, if ever I have seen it. If that image was indicative of the kinds of things that often went on here this planet would officially be hell.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

yes, I too believe that most Americans are disgusted by these images and ashamed of what is being done in their name. I hope that no more than 25% would be left cold by these photos and feel it was justified to "protect Freedom," but I think it may be higher than that.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
feel yourself's lucky to have these monsters protecting you. sign waiving idiot's are not the one's that i want killing the enemy ( hehehe ). your either not an american or not very smart fella.
have you ever had to stare down the barrell of your enemy's loaded weapon??? obviously not!! this is what becomes of the people who do that day in and day out . if you think that you can stare death in the face and not become an animal yourself than your not in touch with reality sir... and if you think that your enemy would treat you with any more respect than a dog your wrong there also!!!!!
kind compassionate respectful treatment in the eyes of these radical muslim's is only a sign of weakness and by treating them like the scum that they are won't make them hate us any more than they already do sir..your link with the wonderful sound effects that don't go with the pictures may depict cruelty but it also has to be called propiganda.. THANK GOD you are not in charge of my safety because if you were than those pictures would have me on the end of the dog leash...
GOOD DAY SIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
^Looks like we just had our 1/4'er drop by. You aren't doing anything to protect America by driveling your anti-Muslim sentiments here, pal. Mind control and propoganda does not work on everyone, you are the minority.

Originally posted by Silenceisall
yes, I too believe that most Americans are disgusted by these images and ashamed of what is being done in their name.

If only the media could once tell the world we feel that way. But they don't. I've never seen a poll or street-poll where they ask the average citizen how they feel about the war or treatment of detainees etc.

They don't bother giving us a voice anymore because they know what we'll say.

"Get us out of Iraq, discharge everyone involved in brutality, release all of those 'insurgents' you know are innocent, and stop lying to us."

"Ahem, we seem to be losing our signal.... back to you, John."

[edit on 28-2-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It is quite distrubing.

I think every one of them should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. And that goes without saying.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironman433
feel yourself's lucky to have these monsters protecting you. sign waiving idiot's are not the one's that i want killing the enemy ( hehehe ). your either not an american or not very smart fella.
have you ever had to stare down the barrell of your enemy's loaded weapon??? obviously not!! this is what becomes of the people who do that day in and day out . if you think that you can stare death in the face and not become an animal yourself than your not in touch with reality sir... and if you think that your enemy would treat you with any more respect than a dog your wrong there also!!!!!
kind compassionate respectful treatment in the eyes of these radical muslim's is only a sign of weakness and by treating them like the scum that they are won't make them hate us any more than they already do sir..your link with the wonderful sound effects that don't go with the pictures may depict cruelty but it also has to be called propiganda.. THANK GOD you are not in charge of my safety because if you were than those pictures would have me on the end of the dog leash...
GOOD DAY SIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are ways to punish someone, and there are ways not to. First off, those guys do not have a loaded barrell pointing at them. If they did, I wouldn't if the soldier blew him away. But these guys are prisoners, and are being treated like animals.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ironman433

Ironman, you're disgusting. Sorry. There is no explanation for that. If you're a soldier you're guilty by association in such horrors. All excuses for backing up such horrors and wars are excuses, thin air, nothing.

It is the powerhungry madmen (-women) that work in our governments to make people act like this, and some people are dumb enough to do what they request. How I sometimes despise a 'soldier' that works for orders. They are not definately better than Nazi soldiers back then

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
These guys are also there to help the troops out.

Over the past three years, we have continued to hear much about Abu Ghraib. The nation and the world continues to discuss and decry what occurred there. But why did all talk of Israeli involvement vanish? Why would Israeli Shin Bet and Mossad officers be working alongside our own? Did the Israelis actually have a role in "teaching" naive and easily-manipulated young American soldiers to forego all sense of decency?

www.worldproutassembly.org...

More on the story..

Kim Zetter did the interview with Philip Zimbardo, a psychologist who is famous/notorious for his 1971 “Stanford prison experiment,” a psychology study in which some students were assigned to play “prison guards” and others “prisoners.” The experiment quickly spiraled out of control, with the prison guards — and Zimbardo himself — becoming increasingly detached from any moral compass, forcing the prisoners to strip, perform humiliating sexual acts, and the like.

dylan.tweney.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a lot of those people 'just doing their job' were told to give thumbs up and smile.
I find this disgusting on so many levels, but mainly on the occult level.
The higher ups are the ones to blame as they sit back with 'clean' hands, "heck no one blamed pontius pilote, it was the jews.. "
You also have to keep in mind, that the mentality of the people... the military has made it a "with us, or against us" situation, where if you're lenient or treat them like humans then you must be one of them.. in which case you'd be receiving the torture.. this is all very psychological and has a lot to do with programming humanity and humans.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
every second that they are not inside of those prison doors you can bet damn well they are looking down the barrell of the enemy's weapon sir...
and if your so sure that you can do any better of a job than voulenteer yourself for the job....
and don't even sit there and even try to tell me that they would give any non muslim any more respect than they are recieving.....
they want us dead at any cost and don't fool yourself on that one.... this holy war has been going on for longer than the begining iraq war and bleeding heart's only will fuel and further their cause.. a world without christians or infidel's is what their mission statement is and has always been since the begining of their religion my freind.....
for the sake of all non muslim's don't ever under estimate ignorance in large numbers.............
and that's all i will say here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Why does everyone focus on this prison so much? I'm sure that we have American citizens in prison for much less crimes that get treated much more harshly than this. Aren't we at war with these people?
I guess it's just the liberal mindset of this country now. We can murder unborn children but we can't kill murderers or torture terrorists for information that may save innocent lives. Give me a break people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join