It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama side with the Jews or Muslims?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Obama then reaffirmed his "unshakable commitment to the security of Israel and the friendship between the United States and Israel." He stated clearly that he is a Christian, not a Muslim, and explained his reluctance to criticize the minister of his church for making favorable comments about Louis Farrakhan, who has been criticized for being anti-Semitic.

rawstory.com...

Could Obama really bridge together Muslims and Jews? I believe this would be a feat of unprecedentent proportions.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

"
here is some insight do a ATS search for "obama anti christ"

there you go

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This Farakhan thing is getting ridiculous.

People want Obama to denounce his pastor whom he's known for years because he is in favor of Farakhan. Outrageous.

I wish some people would just grow up and look at themselves, or maybe put themselves in someone else's shoes for once.

'Reject Farakhan, reject your friend, reject your pastor of 20 years, because we don't think what Farakhan, your pastor's friend, said is moral.' Give me a break!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

Well, Farrakhan isn't a Muslim. He's Nation of Islam. Sort of like the awkward love child of Raƫlism and the black power movement.

When Obama opens dialog with actual Muslims, we'll see. It'd be a good move - American Muslims tend to go Republican, from what I understand.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
This Farakhan thing is getting ridiculous. People want Obama to denounce his pastor whom he's known for years because he is in favor of Farakhan. Outrageous.

Actually, I believe Obama has thoroughly denounced Farakhan:

www.azcentral.com...

During the debate, Obama repeated his denunciation of Farrakhan's views, which have included numerous anti-Semitic comments. And, after being pressed, he rejected Farrakhan's support in the presidential race.

Following an exchange with Clinton, he then added: "There's no formal offer of help from Minister Farrakhan that would involve me rejecting it. But if the word 'reject' Senator Clinton feels is stronger than the word 'denounce,' then I'm happy to concede the point, and I would reject and denounce."

About as clear as he can be.

I've also heard Obama say that he regards his pastor like a favorite Uncle, to be listened to, but not necessarily agreed with. (I can't find a citation for that, but I am sure it is pretty close to what he has said.)

I am aligned with your message, Big Bert. Just adding some support and clarification.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Buck Division]

top topics

join