It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch lawmaker says anti-Koran film almost finished

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Dutch lawmaker says anti-Koran film almost finished

www.alertnet.org

AMSTERDAM, Feb 27 (Reuters) - A politician making an anti-Koran film that has stirred Muslim outrage, brought him death threats and alarmed the Dutch government said on Wednesday the movie would be finished this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I like freedom of speech, It would be nice if everyone liked free speech. More fuel to the fire that is going to eventually consume us in another war.

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
he is just insulting people really.

All his statements are in the area of: islam is pure evil and the qu'ran should be outlawed.

he crossed the line and is in the area of freedom of offense

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The world as a global organism contains some elements that are not quite aware or facing what the values of others are. If these elements of global society dont face it today, they will have to face it sooner or later. They will have to learn that other parts of the world have a concept called "freedom of speech/expression" and "critisism of religion". If this isnt brought to light, there will be a rude awakening for many in the next decades.

Admittedly, the danish filmmaker could be more gentle and slow about it, but the point he is making is a rebellious one: We are allowed to say whatever we want. Face it.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha

All his statements are in the area of: islam is pure evil and the qu'ran should be outlawed.

He may be doing that so insult his beliefs back, it should be everyone's right to be critical of everything.

So someone should make a movie about how he's pure evil and should be outlawed.

No one should face violence or jail over this.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Yes, and if Islam is going to take part in the global society, they have to understand that they are *not* an exception. They need to thicken their skin and learn to take attacks, no matter how insulting or benign, as what it is... someone elses free speech. A Right which they share in as well.

This is the reason I can't stand neo conservatives, and the reason I can't stand Islamofascists. Because they both are a mirror image of eachother.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tomcat ha

Have you seen the contents of the film? I'm not sure about Dutch law regarding incitement and hate speech, but if the film would qualify, I'm pretty sure someone would bring it to the court.

If not? Oh well. Don't watch it. Amazing how that works. I somehow manage to avoid watching the 700 Club, even though I know that diseased leprechaun of a Christian is probably blaming me for an earthquake somewhere and calling for the extermination of Jews in Jesus' name be praised or something. i'm sure Muslims are able and willing to do the same.

I do expect to see protests, maybe some violence. I'm at the point where I wonder, though... are these angry demonstrations actually rooted in the stated reason? Take Saudi Arabia. Super-repressive regime. People have a lot to be pissed about in that country. But if you say anything, it's off with your head. So when hte opportunity to be angry - and be ALLOWED to be angry - approaches... Maybe you just have to let it all out.

As I've said before... there's always a deeper reason to be found. Why kill yourself for pretty girls in heaven when you can get plenty of pretty girls here on earth? Deeper reasons.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

He may be doing that so insult his beliefs back, it should be everyone's right to be critical of everything.

So someone should make a movie about how he's pure evil and should be outlawed.

No one should face violence or jail over this.

no no. you are missing the point.
if someone turns around and make a film on how evil he is, that person would be no better than him, and that would only perpetuate the misconception of free speech. my free speech shouldnt mean i can fabricate lies, or purposely abuse "free speech" and take it to the most literal and naive interpretaion.
---
no one should face jail or violence for this, as no one should be making a movie like this. because it has only one purpose. to fuel hatred. there is a time when the lines must be drawn.

------ i have the right to self defense, however, i cant simply kill a man if he bumps me while we're walking on the streets. can I ? is it up to me to decide what constitue of a life threatning "bump"?
can i walk up to a handicap person and shout disability epitaphs at him?
can i scream "die jew, die" on my neighbors porch?

the real question isnt can this man make his film, but should he make this movie. what is the only outcome of this. lets use common sense instead of using free speech as a pathertic excuse.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by GavCg]

[edit on 27-2-2008 by GavCg]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
For any muslim who protests this or makes death threats against the maker of this movie, etc... I certainly hope they react just as violently against other muslims who write Death to America speeches, or death to Israel speeches or host conventions denying the holocaust which resulted in over 6 million deaths of Jews.

This is just as bad as the violent over reaction to the cartoons printed in Denmark. If these people can't handle it when someone has a negative image of Islam and voices it then they need to go back to their cave or hole in the ground or whatever and pretend that the whole world is located right there for them and them only.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I agree, the Islmaofacists need to toughen up.

Come on when that political cartoon of Muhammad with the bomb for a turban came out, which was a satire of fundamental Islamic violence, how did they respond, oh wait, violence...talk about self fulfilling stereotypes. Serious there are Muslims in the UK who stand outside churches and spout hate. Do that outside a mosque.....

They are the most hypocritical religion. They don't even consider other religions to be such as Islam is the only religion to them, yet the slightest critique of their beliefs and there is fire and destruction. Its give or take people.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
MikeyBoy, I'm subscribed; you're starred and flagged.

The fallout surrounding this move merits a close following. Myself, I aim to see how the cookie crumbles.

FINALLY, someone had the cajones to do this (a movie in this instance)!

I do NOT encourage violence, however, if radicals attempt to hurt people that go to view this then they should suffer the consequences of their ILLEGAL behaviour with extreme prejudice.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

what a supprise
well not really supprising

wounder how much fact this will conatain to atual truth

i wouldnt be shocked if midle eastern and other muslim countries start boycotting products from debmark like last time costing dutch companies a few million in revenue.

hopefully protests wont be as *stupid* as before and people do so peacefully.

i used stupid for another word but didnt want to past the censors

[edit on 28-2-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I wonder just how Anti-Koran this film will be.

And the second thing that puzzles me, is why the Dutch are so eager to piss off even more radical Muslims in Denmark and around the world? Is that like a sport of theirs? Not that I have anything against Freedom Of Speach - but certain things are not made just because of that freedom. I have a feeling, that somebody is trying to provoke and stirr in the hornets nets to see what happens. Or they already know what will happen, and their reaction is EXACTLY what they want.

Who knows...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

BOLLOCKS

There is no "line crossed"< offence is ingrained in our western culture, we have been doing it with Jesus and the CHristians for decades (and centuries even) if some Muslim wants to dwell in Europe get with the programme or leave

sty

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I love Holland! And yes, a part of the freedom speech is to tell what you believe. As a foreign national you cannot go to a country and force that nation to submit to your rules and believes. Foreign nationals are ALLWAYS welcome to go back to their countries, Holland would not mind .If the islamic system is that great, we would not ever see islamic immigrants . But at the moment , this is not the case.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I feel the need to explain something. A few years ago someone stood up to run for the elcetions here in the Netherlands. This mans name was Pim Fortuin. He called the things as they were. He wasn't politically correct so to say. And although I wouldn't have voted for him in a milion years I feel he was genuine. He was murderd but his party won the election in a way never seen before in this country.

Now I feel Geert Wilders (the movie man) is only doing this to reach the popularity of Pim Fortuin. He's not the first one to try and copy his succes. And of course there is nothing wrong with him giving his opinion, but since this man gives you all opinions as long as they are shocking I don't feel he's very genuine.

I don't mind people adressing mistakes in any religion, be it christianity, islam or any other. But not to seek sensation. That is, in my eyes, just plain stupid.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
I love Holland! And yes, a part of the freedom speech is to tell what you believe. As a foreign national you cannot go to a country and force that nation to submit to your rules and believes. Foreign nationals are ALLWAYS welcome to go back to their countries, Holland would not mind .If the islamic system is that great, we would not ever see islamic immigrants . But at the moment , this is not the case.

well said, remember, they came to us, and wished to live in OUR countries, abide by the overriding culture or leave

[edit on 28-2-2008 by blueorder]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I wonder just how Anti-Koran this film will be.

And the second thing that puzzles me, is why the Dutch are so eager to piss off even more radical Muslims in Denmark and around the world? Is that like a sport of theirs? Not that I have anything against Freedom Of Speach - but certain things are not made just because of that freedom. I have a feeling, that somebody is trying to provoke and stirr in the hornets nets to see what happens. Or they already know what will happen, and their reaction is EXACTLY what they want.

Who knows...

Dude, DO NOT generalize the Wilders-adepts with the sane part of the Dutch population please. Wilders is eager to tear the country apart just like the rest of the world has been torn. The Netherlands WAS a a country that in spite of the rest of the world was still a beacon of calmness until 5 or 6 years ago and it detiorated ever since. It's a shame really but the hate campaign is contagious.

There is some force pushing everyone into hate for eachother and the masses are falling for it because it's easier to blame others for the state of the world then to look into ourselves for the problem. I will not be suprised if Wilders is a hired antagonist just here to heat things up untill we get to the boilingpoint. It's not something we can easily stop because the downward spiral has gone to far already, the guns are loaded and the stage is set. Just weather out the storm and realise it's just another war that will get the moneystream rolling into the pockets of a perverted few.

Yes the Muslim population should just recognize Wilders for what he is, a clown but they won't. and that is the only way to diffuse the whole thing. If the Netherlands shuts him up and bans his movie, he wins. If he gets killed, his cause wins, if the movie is shown, he wins. The ONLY WAY he could loose is when he get's ignored. I mean , we are running around like headless chickens over this joke of a movie annd nobody has even seen the friggin'thing. Get real.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

But you know that this film will not get ignored and if it is labeled ANTI-Koran that can only mean trouble on horizont, since the radical clerics and their obedient followers just can't wait for another outbreak of anti-Muslim sentiment in any shape or form, with which they can fire up their radical followers. So if he and his movie shall not get ignored, he shall win in any case, as you stated.

Anther small victory for Freedom of Speech!

Just as long as you do not talk against your country or your government or your president - if you want to say something, say it against Muslims. That is the most common way these days, right?

[edit on 28/2/08 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Just as long as you do not talk against your country or your government or your president - if you want to say something, say it against Muslims. That is the most common way these days, right?

[edit on 28/2/08 by Souljah]

erm no, want links to anti government, anti christian, anti this anti that websites, because the list is endless, unfortunately the anti Islamic view ends up in decapitation, riots and violence because of "offence" at someone daring to criticise the religion of "peace"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join