It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sorry guys!

I wasn't sure where to put this topic (couldn't find an amageddon forum! ;p) so if you see fit to move it Mods, please do...

I was wondering why the year 2012 is now the new year everything is going to end?

As far as I know it's just the end of the Mayan calendar and their cycle. Doesn't it mean that it will just start again with a new cycle?

Why are people taking it as a soapbox to predict the end of all things?

"Nibiru will come! Planet X will destroy us all!"

This sounds an awful lot like the Y2K hysteria of 8 YEARS AGO!

Back then it was computers will malfunction, planes will fall out of the sky, society as we know it will collapse and we'll be fighting off savages with a t-ball bat!

People were stocking up on supplies, arming themselves, preparing to head into the hills. But all for what? NOTHING CHANGED!

We're still here 8 years later and still being screwed over by those in power, so what makes anyone think things will be different by 2013??

What happens when 2012 comes and goes and yet again nothing devastating has happened? Will it be Y21K??...

Why do we have to "look forward" to the next apocalypse? Why can't we just look forward to the advancement of humanity into a level 1 interstellar society?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It's all about the clock? I'm sure if you work or have worked you followed a clock. Why did you get up at 9am? Why did you go to lunch at 1pm? Why did you check out at 5pm? Why was the Gilmore Girls on a 7pm???

It's a time thing.

If you realize cycles go by a clock. You wake up most every day at X time. You go to sleep at Y time. You eat at A,B,C times. If you're regurlar you take a dump at P time.

Girls get their flow every month at the same time ish. The moon goes in cycles. The planet earth goes in cycles. We have spring, summer, fall, winter...

Everything is in its time frame and everything is on a clock. There should be little resistance to the understanding the universe works on a clock cycle too.

Just the Univere's clock is much bigger. As One rotation of our planet is 24 hours, and it is one day. As One Orbit of our planet is 365.25 days long and it is one year. One "wobble" on the earths axis through the zodicial stars "clock" is about 25000 years. Like a giant clock broken up into 360 degrees each degree is about 73 years in length. Each "AGE" 29 degrees plus or minuse 1 cusp is about 2150 years. Put four "ages" together and you get a season, just like you get a season every four months.

the 2012 phenomenon is bases on and around the alignment of the earth with the son into the "center of the galaxiy" assumed to be likened to your wall clock when both hands are on the 12.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anderi
Why are people taking it as a soapbox to predict the end of all things?

"Nibiru will come! Planet X will destroy us all!"

This sounds an awful lot like the Y2K hysteria of 8 YEARS AGO!

It's not. Anyone with a brain knew Y2K was hype. Just as the same people with brains know 2012 is the changing age. There's over 24 seperate peices of documented and well established historic, scientific and spiritual pointers all blinking at 2012.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Y2k Was invented by a woman...honestly not being sexist... it was all to do with the binary clock if i remember...correctly

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ian990003100

Y2k Was invented by a woman...honestly not being sexist... it was all to do with the binary clock if i remember...correctly

It had to do with "Computer Programing". It was an oversight, or so it is established, that computer programers didn't foresee the clock change when programing several very relitive computers. Because memory was so preious at the time it was much cheeper and easier to progam time in two digits rather then four. so 1965 would be 65. However several models showed widespread computer crashings when the time went from 99 to 00, because there were no bits to flow over. If a government or banking computer crashed it could have caused widespread troubles. However and although it may have been an issue is was discovered early enough to correct, that is if it needed be corrected at all.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
From what I have read, the Mayan Calendar works in sets of 13's, and our modern calender works in sets of 12's. The Mayan zodiac has 13 characters, and ours has 12. In the year of 2012 the Mayan calender runs out, and there is supposed to be a galactic alignment between our solar system and the galactic core of our galaxy. Which is in the 13th zodiac sign in the Mayan zodiac. The result is supposed to be a time of enlightenment. That is the result that I have read in 5 different books that I have read on the Mayan Calender.

Another thing to consider, is that we use the Gregorian calender, and in most circles and books, the Gregorian calender is supposedly off by 3 years. If this is true, we may be possibly looking at 2009.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
what is the 13th sign of the mayan zodiac? and where does it lie in the night sky?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spectre130
what is the 13th sign of the mayan zodiac? and where does it lie in the night sky?

OPHIUCHUS - "the Serpent Holder" (doctor/healer)
en.wikipedia.org...

In 2012 the earth through the sun will be aligned with the center of the galaxy. That point is between Sag and Scorp. Ophiuchus is assumed to be at that point.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Anderi

It isn't about Nabiru or Planet X crap.
It isn't really about clocks either, but it does have to do with time,
and how technology rapidly progresses over time. Maybe the
ancients knew this, like the Mayans, but that was then, this is now.

Ever hear of the Singularity?

Our Government and the Military Industrial Complex
are building a "God on Earth" system. It's unprecedented.

This is the being called the biggest government commitment
to technological research since the space program

You really want to know what's in store for us? Review all of the following:

Beyond Conspiracy: Artificial General Intelligence
(ATS Newsletter Special)

DARPA's iXo Artificial Intelligence Control Grid

They Want Your Soul

Google Video Link

An Inconvenient Truth ON Al Gore: The Google A.I. Conspiracy

Couple More Years: Artificial Intelligence and "Religions Last Stand"

DARPA AI .mil & more

Massive defense software under scrutiny

Everything else is a distraction.

edit for midnight spellin'

[edit on 2/28/08 by aecreate]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
my only shout out to the whole situation is; why, do they introduce the 2012 idea via History channel and discovery channel, and not make any official statement as to if the government knows it to be conspiracy, or fact.

The fact that y2k happened 8 years ago, just makes it look like a test run for what kind of preparations people will actually take, OR to see if people would freak out.

Maybe since no one freaked out(mass riots or something) for y2k, they dont feel the need to tell us its just a conspiracy. or the truth for that matter.

you do the math.

Its not like 2012 comes out of nowhere like the predictions for the end of the world in the National Enquirer or something conjured up like y2k.

there are no coincidences.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
The fact that y2k happened 8 years ago, just makes it look like a test run for what kind of preparations people will actually take, OR to see if people would freak out.

Or maybe because many people did show the signs of freaking out they'd not tell the population about the reality of 2012.

top topics

join