It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof if there's GOD?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Bulls---

Drugs warp your mind and open you up to evil spirits. You're wide open with no defense. I don't think people should be locked in jail for it. But to say its a good way to know yourself is a lie from the evil one -- plain and simple.
Alcohol is by far the worst of the bunch IMO. Look at all the ruined lives...

Mushrooms yeah sure Lalalalalala all the way to the funny farm

hit yourself on the head with a hammer that works too.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Totally agreed. It opens you up to Spirits. I like to call them misguided, but if evil works for you that is fine. Alcohol is by far the worst, you are correct.

Agreed.

Edited out drug reference.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
rather than clean up all the references to drug use/abuse, I'm going to post a request to leave the references to illegal drug use out of the conversation or the thread shall be closed.

thank you.

Dear Good People of ATS:

The Power's that be have spoken and they are looking after the best intrests of the website so let us now change the topic.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by Crakeur
rather than clean up all the references to drug use/abuse, I'm going to post a request to leave the references to illegal drug use out of the conversation or the thread shall be closed.

thank you.

Dear Good People of ATS:

The Power's that be have spoken and they are looking after the best intrests of the website so let us now change the topic.

:lol
l:

Because they're so beneficial for you spiritually ATS is censoring it, it's a conspiracy
l

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Nothing ever gets accomplished in the God threads, just like nothing ever gets accomplished in your average church meeting. The proponents toss in their predictable "Precious Moments" turgid aphorisms. Nobody comes up with a decent definition for discussion. It all eventually degenerates into the holy feeling even more holy than usual, and the heathens scratching their heads at the impacted illogic of the whole experience. When will people learn? Never, I guess.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Because they're so beneficial for you spiritually ATS is censoring it, it's a conspiracy
l

That's one annoying way to look at it. Rather, because ATS is so contraversal in nature as a website it wishes not to open itself up to anything that might be non-legal. That's more the Objective Reality.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

reply to post by Kanati

If we evolved over millions of year from monkeys like you believe then where

are the the in between species? There are none. Evolutionists have

desperately searched for the "missing link" and it's still missing. Gradual

evolution would have left lots of evidence. Instead heres a hug jump in the

fossil record. You've been lied too. You're not a chimp.

They're all over the place. The hominid line is surprisingly well-documented, and we're always discovering more and more specimins, stretching from the australopithicenes to "true" humans, and even back along the ape lines, and into monkeys.

Exactly at which point between the fifteen different species in the Homo genus, five in the Australopithecus genus, and three in the Paranthropus genus do you want to look?

And if it's found, will you then want to narrow tour scope between it and its predecessor or antecessor?

Your argument is known as "shifting goalposts". In short, no matter how many transitional species you are presented with, you will continue to ignore what they are unless we have specimens of every single individual creature that lived on this planet.

well stated

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I don't know. Although I agree that relgious/spiritual debate is futile and pointless. I can't go as far as to say nothing gets accomplished. There gets put down in searchable form alot of intresting stuff. Also, one might argue that although the foreground "conscious" mind refuses to change, the collective consciousness may change or at least other thoughts are put into sub and unconscious mind states.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Alcohol is different. Sorry to bring this up again, but to avoid being misrepresented, I was talking specifically of psychedelics. It is its unstable nature, in my opinion, that makes it good spiritually. It allows you to be subject to both good (blissful) introspection and bad (scary) introspection, depending on how many skeletons you are hiding in your closet. However, all introspection is good in the end, as a previously unknown part of you is revealed to yourself. It all boils down to self control, and your ability to direct thoughts.

It does not open you up to "evil" or "spirits". It opens you up to yourself.

I guess for you, whammy, it does open you up to evil. Ohhh analogy anyone? Anyone? Well I'm just playing about that of course, but really, it merely opens you up to yourself.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by finnegan

Well stated? if you like lies...

The announcement of the discovery of Australopithecus ramidus1,2 generated much interest in the scientific media in 1994.3,4 The authors boldly claimed,

‘The fossils already available indicate that a long-sought link in the evolutionary chain of species between humans and their African ape ancestors occupied the Horn of Africa during the early Pliocene.’5

The popular press hailed the find as the missing link between apes and man, and the most ancient human species known to date.6

What was found? Fossils were collected from the surface at 17 different positions7 spread over 1.55 km (see Figure 1)8 and probably represent 17 separate individuals. The holotype (ARA- VP-6/1) is based solely on eight teeth, most of which were damaged. Other material discussed as representing A. ramidus included parts of the base of a skull (ARA- VP-1/500) found 550m away, and fragmented arm bones (ARA- VP-7/2) found 270 m away. The larger pieces of bone exhibited carnivore teeth marks. Eleven of the fossils were comprised of a single tooth, a piece of tooth or, in one case a piece of bone. The paucity of material is illustrated in the detailed treatment given a single deciduous (temporary) molar tooth found 1.55 km from the location of the holotype.9 In appearance and measurements this tooth looks identical to a chimpanzee (Pan paniscus) tooth.

source

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Oh yea and you're still avoiding my original questions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by finnegan

Well stated? if you like lies...

The announcement of the discovery of Australopithecus ramidus1,2 generated much interest in the scientific media in 1994.3,4 The authors boldly claimed,

‘The fossils already available indicate that a long-sought link in the evolutionary chain of species between humans and their African ape ancestors occupied the Horn of Africa during the early Pliocene.’5

The popular press hailed the find as the missing link between apes and man, and the most ancient human species known to date.6

What was found? Fossils were collected from the surface at 17 different positions7 spread over 1.55 km (see Figure 1)8 and probably represent 17 separate individuals. The holotype (ARA- VP-6/1) is based solely on eight teeth, most of which were damaged. Other material discussed as representing A. ramidus included parts of the base of a skull (ARA- VP-1/500) found 550m away, and fragmented arm bones (ARA- VP-7/2) found 270 m away. The larger pieces of bone exhibited carnivore teeth marks. Eleven of the fossils were comprised of a single tooth, a piece of tooth or, in one case a piece of bone. The paucity of material is illustrated in the detailed treatment given a single deciduous (temporary) molar tooth found 1.55 km from the location of the holotype.9 In appearance and measurements this tooth looks identical to a chimpanzee (Pan paniscus) tooth.

source

Okay, so, that's A. ramidus. Your article states it's very similar to a chimpanzee. What's funny is that this is pretty much true for the whole Australopithecus genus - they're essentially bipedal chimpanzees. 'Course, it's not going to tell you that. Now about those other 17 hominid species we have...?

The bigger issue seems to be hte chucklenuts scientist who wanted some publicity and declared it "THE missing link"... Twit. No such thing as missing links.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The only argument I see here is specifically that there is a single species that is not represented very well in the fossil record and lacks similarities to hominids, but as it is further back in ancestory, it will doubtlessly have features that are much less similar to humans. If you are looking for features more closely associated with humans, then you just need not go so far back.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

You're right there isn't. There's no evidence for lateral evolution at all.

I'm not even close to competent to get into a debate on evolution. I call myself ]
an old earth creationist. I think species evolve within that species by natural

selection.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I am done arguing with him. A friend of mine actually died when he fell through the huge gaping hole in whammy's logic.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Alright, the personal junk ends now. Discuss the topic, not each other.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Personally I see absolutely no reason why so many Christians are up in arms against evolution.

Genesis, after all, doesn't describe the process by which your god is supposed to have created life, and man, correct?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
iforget it

[edit on 2/28/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

OK got it superduper there

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I am a Christian and I also believe that the evolution theory has some merit. What is wrong with the concept of Theistic Evolution?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join