It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof if there's GOD?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
reply to post by Bigwhammy

By avoiding my questions specifically, I will assume, and I suggest others to assume, that you cannot answer them, which can be very detrimental to their faith.

What is this crap? "cannot answer them, which can be very detrimental to
their faith." You want me to feel guilt when you put words in my mouth and accuse of me avoiding, I've answered it over and over....
You've obviously got an agenda...

I actually care about people you want to manipulate that ?

"which can be very detrimental to their faith."

That's sick

We're done bud.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Allow me to pose a simple paradox:

First assume that time is one dimensional. What happens happens, and the past cannot be changed. Tim decides to travel back in time to kill his grandfather.

If Tim has what it takes, then he can kill grandfather.
Tim has what it takes.
Therefore Tim can kill grandfather.

If Tim didn't kill grandfather (historically), then he can't kill grandfather.
Tim didn't kill grandfather.
Therefore Tim cannot kill grandfather.

I'm sure neither science nor religion can answer this question suitably. How is it possible that Tim can and cannot kill grandfather at the same time?

This is why reverse time travel is considered impossible because paradoxical situations are not possible. Hence we are unable to predict the future, because in order to know the future, you would need someone or something to reverse time travel to inform you.
If reverse time travel were ever shown to be attainable this would prove the existence of something more powerful than we know until we are able to solve paradoxes.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

Yes, well said there. What I meant to say is that Religions at one time were real (they were all based on astronomy and spirituality) and we tried re-writing it with different intentions and add "man" to this! Create Evil vs. Good (just so we could relate to it), heaven and hell, judgment day... all to create "FEAR". It's like the game we used to play in kindergarten, one would whisper a word in someone ear and by the time it gets to the tenth person it's a whole different word. When religions were re-written over thousands of years ago, the intentions were to use it as a tool to create a world conflict among people.

In our history we can see more people are dead in the name of religion and any natural disasters combined. you can even see that now, about how "my religion is right (which makes yours wrong)", the fear of being judged by god (if he really wanted to judge you for what you did wrong, why would this mighty power wait for you to die to send you to hell, why not do it then!!! )

So one has to ask why believe in something that we're told is positive yet we use it in a complete negative ways. The 10 commandments, etc... are just common sense to majority of people if they only lived life via their own intuition, instead of doing what someone else tells them to do. Yet people rather believe that human civilization started under an apple tree with a white man and women in seven days, rather then to believe that there is another intelligent life out there in this enormous universe which we only know about 3% of, which takes a million light years just to get to! I don't understand the logic behind that.

So I think instead people going out there looking for God and religions they should get in touch with their own self and discover "god" within themselves and stop all this religion none sense.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Exactly!! I could not have said it any better. [*SNIP-----------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------SNIP*]

Mod note:

Please review here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Especially note section 2e and discussion of the discussion of drugs.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I am merely taunting your inability to answer my questions.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Comes from within? Well that's cool because within is where your connection to the universe is too.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by freighttrain

Exactly!! I could not have said it any better.

So drugs are the answer to spiritual enlightment

No wonder you can't see the forrest for the trees - you're stoned out of your

gourd. Go to an NA meeting or something. Gods not found in dope.

You're true colors show through now....

You're on ignore dopey

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Exactly. This is why I said before that, in my opinion, Atheists only see part of the big picture, while Christian fanatics do not see any of it but believe that they see all of it.

The world is a combination of the within and the without, and we must seek to understand both.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

True spirituality comes from within my brother.

Edited to remove drug references.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

We live here in this world and too much drug use clouds the mind and confuses the brain as to the reality of the phyically real.

Though drugs can be used to enter the doorway of the self, it can also confuse the realization of placement. There are better ways. However there are worst ways too.

Worst of all is to lie to one's self and others talking about "Faith" and being blind to truth and what is truly spiritual. This is the band-aid christStains put over the festering wound that is their lack of spiritual understanding and it will in time distroy them.

To each their own, do what you got to do to get where you need go.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Actually I was expecting that response from you. [*SNIP---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------SNIP*] In fact, I dare say that I generally present my arguments in a more cohesive and logical manner than you generally present yours.

Understanding the within is as important as understanding the without.

Oh, and you still have not really answered any of my questions. It's not my character you want to attack, it is my arguments. Because if you attack the former, it is a logical fallacy known as Ad Hominem, which, actually discredits you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mod edit for the discussion of drug use.

see here, 2e:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

you missed out on dope boy trying to play on my better nature a ways back

But you only open yourself to evil with drugs...

Incarnated I know you know about Azazyel and Armers teaching roots and sorcery back in the day...

Not good influences...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Good point. [*SNIP---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------SNIP*]

Meditation is another good way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod edit for drug discussion.

You know where to look by now.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

you missed out on dope boy trying to play on my better nature a ways back

But you only open yourself to evil with drugs...

Faith in God. With TRUE faith in God, as long as your heart truly longs after being in the will of God, what does any man need fear? Nothing!

You know nothing about evil. You don't even understand evil. Why do you fear evil so much? Do you fear evil because you have no faith?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Hey big whammy are you talking about drugs
, or DRUGS
?

dope boy

Nice ad hominem again! I thought I pointed it out to you as to tell you that it ISN'T a way to make an argument?

I don't think you should try *anything* actually. It might make you realize more than you want about yourself. And plus how can you speak on a subject that you've never endeavored in?

[edit on 28-2-2008 by italkyoulisten]

Edit for drug talk

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
rather than clean up all the references to drug use/abuse, I'm going to post a request to leave the references to illegal drug use out of the conversation or the thread shall be closed.

thank you.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

But you only open yourself to evil with drugs..

FALSE.

No such thing as evil, only the misguided.

And Drugs open you up spiritually, yet make you unstable.

It is better to open yourself gradually using Heart Chakra Radiance. So you are stable.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Oh yea and you missed out on "zealot boy" avoiding my argument:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Sorry man, i posted this right when you posted yours, i will not talk about drugs anymore.

Moving on.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by Kanati

If we evolved over millions of year from monkeys like you believe then where

are the the in between species? There are none. Evolutionists have

desperately searched for the "missing link" and it's still missing. Gradual

evolution would have left lots of evidence. Instead heres a hug jump in the

fossil record. You've been lied too. You're not a chimp.

They're all over the place. The hominid line is surprisingly well-documented, and we're always discovering more and more specimins, stretching from the australopithicenes to "true" humans, and even back along the ape lines, and into monkeys.

Exactly at which point between the fifteen different species in the Homo genus, five in the Australopithecus genus, and three in the Paranthropus genus do you want to look?

And if it's found, will you then want to narrow tour scope between it and its predecessor or antecessor?

Your argument is known as "shifting goalposts". In short, no matter how many transitional species you are presented with, you will continue to ignore what they are unless we have specimens of every single individual creature that lived on this planet.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join