It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof if there's GOD?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

So do you claim that no evil can be done in god's name?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
One thing is two. It is either existing, present in an environment, or it is absent from that environment.

when that presence leaves an environment, does another thing take it's place, or is there merely an absence of that presence.

When a good person leaves a room, does evil fill it?

Evil, being the absence of good. We have the "spark" of conciousness, being able to choose in essence what "fuses" we light. The environment is static unless acted upon. If we don't do good, meaning, if we disassociate ourselves from the natural working way of things, we create destructive resonance.

Like if someone messes up while doing a routine in a marching band, trips and falls, things cease to work the "way" they were supposed to.

"Evil" and "bad" are just like that.

God is the creator.

But we, we give and take. We move that which was created.

God didn't create evil. He created love.

When we take away love... we thus give evil, it's absence.

I repeat, God created no evil, only love.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by laughable3

Where did that come from? I surely never said it? I can call you a possum eater in the name of Bozo the clown.

Now is it Bozos fault you're a possum eater? ...alledgedly

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by beastamerica

First one is right. Second one is wrong.

Ok there is such a thing as heat. It is energy we can add heat infinitely.

There is no such "thing" as cold. Cold is simply the absence of heat. There is

a finite bottom that will never get "colder"−273.15 °C = 0 Kelvin.

Consider :::

God is love.

Evil is the absence of Love.

The absence of God is evil.

So God didn't create evil. Man did when he rejected Gods plan by disobedience.

Rejecting God created "evil". But it's not really a thing... get it?

If god is love, and the evil is the abscence of love. Evil can't be done on God's behalf. Simple arithmetic.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Wow thanks for reducing my entire argument to a four sentence reply that does not actually saying anything.

So your argument is because life is there, God must have made it? Thanks for clearing up that ages old question. I already said that kind of leap in logic does not work in my argument, and you just merely used it again.

Maybe things naturally gravitate towards creating a purpose? DNA, in my opinion is the historical documentation of life, while a tiny portion of it actually dictates your physical growth. It probably started out extremely simple, similar to viruses that inject their RNA into your cells, and eventually more and more got added on, and the older, obsolete parts of it now can serve as "genetic memory".

And then you go on to imply that I do not wish to take responsibility for my actions. Thanks. What did that have to do with anything that I have said previously. Did you even read my post? I am talking about taking the responsibility to go out and figure it out yourself rather than having the Organization tell you what to believe. If you were truly a good person, you wouldn't need some biblical code to tell you what's wrong or right. However, if you were a sheep, you probably do need a shepherd to tell you where to go.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The problem is we are so socially, culturally and religiously conditioned since birth to see life in a few mens in powers prespectives, not our own true self. All religions are man written books/ideas that we're bombarded with as being fact! The problem is that most people think that their religion is the right one and others must be wrong, this breaks our connection with one another, just like language! If we all spoke one language our consious evolution would be at a different stage then it is today. In fact language limits our understanding our world!

So where does God come in all this! All religions say there is some sort of a god that created all this, bla, bla, bla... but the never mention.. that we're all ONE and what/who ever that created us is much, much more then our little puny brain can handle, in fact for one to claim they know god... is an insult, as he/she/it is beyond you and I.

Some say there is NO god, and they're entitled to their opinion, but almost all giving up on religions and so to be safe they choose not believe in god. Not because they don't' deny their own existence, but the fact how "god" has been proposed to us! ( a white man with long beard sitting on the cloud judging us)!

My thoughts are ... there is a God (pure energy), but not in any way we know it. It's that little spark within you that creates your physical body, that allows your to think and experience emotions. God is a pure energy that connects all things in the universe from the earth we walk on to the ET from other worlds like an invisible spiritual net of glue. It is the fabric of reality, the air you breath, the creation of YOU is what God is! It is something with in all of us that allows for our existence!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

Sorry I have too many conversations going at once. I didn't mean to say
anything about you personally I don't know you.

I know I was resistant to believe because I didn't want to follow the rules.

Data and information or a history as you said imply an intelligent author...

There's a whole section of this board dedicated to hat subject. More than I

am prepared to get in to. But to me the wonder of life makes GOD obvious

as the nose on my face. Sorry you have a hard time seeing it.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
so frieghttrain it seems like you are compairing God to the "force" in Star Wars,im not knocking you for it or anything,cause my beliefs are similar to yours and i am "officialy"a catholic.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
also-have any of you ever been in a situation where it seems like the outcome(the was positive)shouldnt have happened,or you rally nedded something and you somehow get it-is that not circumstantial proof of God?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Very well put. Except for the first part. You have to say that religion NOW is like that. Originally all religions were based upon fundamental metaphysical and esoteric concepts of existence which were very profound and definitely based upon logical truth. However, now, specifically christianity, as most eastern religions still retain their truths, is merely a method to control the population. Why else would there be an organized structured church hierarchy in which one man sits on top of it all?

The energy thing you mentioned was realized long ago in ancient times and was embedded into many cults of the time.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
God Is I AM. Man has that natural moral beacon in his soul telling him right from wrong. It seems it's getting turned off by the finger of society and it's brainwash broadcasts.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by laughable3

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

First one is right. Second one is wrong.

Ok there is such a thing as heat. It is energy we can add heat infinitely.

There is no such "thing" as cold. Cold is simply the absence of heat. There is

a finite bottom that will never get "colder"−273.15 °C = 0 Kelvin.

Consider :::

God is love.

Evil is the absence of Love.

The absence of God is evil.

So God didn't create evil. Man did when he rejected Gods plan by disobedience.

Rejecting God created "evil". But it's not really a thing... get it?

If god is love, and the evil is the abscence of love. Evil can't be done on God's behalf. Simple arithmetic.

God allows it but that doesn't make him responsible for creating it.

He is waiting - he has promised one day he will end it.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes yes and no. Logical explanations for everything that's ever happened in my life.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Creativity Trumps Logic

For without Creativity, Logic is Useless.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Thank you. How did you know I came here to be patronized?

Let us condense this argument to a simpler one: How does it imply an intelligent author? Just because we don't know the first cause does not imply a specifically Christian God.

By avoiding my questions specifically, I will assume, and I suggest others to assume, that you cannot answer them, which can be very detrimental to their faith.

Here is a link to my original post if you would like to review it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-2-2008 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
also-have any of you ever been in a situation where it seems like the outcome(the was positive)shouldnt have happened,or you rally nedded something and you somehow get it-is that not circumstantial proof of God?

It's proof of fortunate coincdences, but it hasn't been proven that there is an intelligence behind coincidences.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

When did I say it implied a Christian God? I said it implied an intelligent author

or a God. It does. Stop putting words in my mouth.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Ok, but you did imply that the intelligent author that you refer to is the Christian god with the following remark:

But to me the wonder of life makes GOD obvious

as the nose on my face. Sorry you have a hard time seeing it.

Also, you being a christian, have been arguing for the existence of a Christian God, so therefore it is not irrational to assume you are still talking about the same thing.

But fine even if it is "intelligent author" it does not change the question.

How does it imply intelligent author?

Oh wait I see you answer.

It does.

Your reply also again did not address any of the multitude of issues that I originally raised.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It's not a universal implication. To you it may imply that, to me it show's that things came together the right way for the outcome to have happened the way it did. Nature is weird, and we still don't understand everything around us.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

And you are right to believe that there is more to this world than the physical nature of things, because there is, but to use it as support for a Christian God is a leap in logic.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join