It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling it, a seizable quake in Cali this week

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well, looks like nothing happened.

HAW HAW I WIN!!

Actually, I guess I didn't win anything. This kind of thing is notoriously difficult to predict. It could've happened. Any time.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

It's only 3:30 pm in California, still a while to go yet.

Do the happenings predicted for today have to be natural disasters?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Per what Brother Hellmutt said, I have read from other prediction sources that before the Big One hits Cali, one of equal or greater magnitude will hit the New Madrid fault first.

Not that I am predicting the future, but regardless of what hits first, the devastation will be unimaginable.

*Fingers crossed

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I've talked with other colleagues and they are in the belief that when the Pacific Rim of Fire starts becoming active, very active, that we should expect an event of great magnitude thereafter. As one friend said, when the Mexican Pacific gets a sizeable jolt, California would'nt be too far behind.

Has the Pacific Rim been overactive around the States lately ?? No. Is there ALOT of tension needing to be released ??

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
It's only 3:30 pm in California, still a while to go yet.
Do the happenings predicted for today have to be natural disasters?

Okay, I'm jumping the gun a little bit.

Not natural disasters? You mean like an airplane or something crashing? The Subject of the thread was earthquakes. I guess maybe an airplane could still crash and create an 8.0 quake in the immediate vicinity, although planes don't have a lot of mass, so they generally don't generate much of a bump.

Ooh, did I just feel something!?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have lived in Alaska for 12 years. In that time frame I have had a passion to study, as a hobby, Geology and plate tectonics. I have always observed increased Seismic activity not just here but around the world every time we have strong auroral activity. I find in interesting that right before the Nevada, Mexico, Greece, Iran, Indonesia and England quakes, we had multiple nights of strong northern lights. I predicted to myself then that there would be multiple quakes over a few days. I was right on about it. I truly believe 100% that the Earth's magnetic field is supercharged each time the Aurora Borealis is active. This in turn I believe affects the plates. We have had some strong Auroral activity especially in Fairbanks in the past few days, so we might have some moderate to large quakes in the next few days. But then again maybe not, Only God knows. There is something else too that I observe right before large quakes, but I don't know if I want to put it on here, some of you might find me a little weird. So that is my two cents, no scientific finding, just my observations.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
NWO, do you have a link to that study? I'd be most interested in reading it.

Lots of studies about corrolation between solar and lunar activity and earthquake,

the incidence I saw was on TV about this man who claimed to predict earthquakes 1-16 days after lunar eclipses. His accuracy was pretty impressive... of course people don't believe he is actually predicting anything (there is always a skeptic).

www.soest.hawaii.edu...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The OP's post might have been a little off by time... But unfortunately, mine is partially coming true.

I have been having these dreams of the Oregon coast for the past 3 weeks now. Everytime it is a succession of earthquakes 3-4 total, the last being the most destructive.

Personally I hope that only the 2 that were recorded this morning will be the only ones to happen.

please don't take this as an "I told you so" post... since what I saw definitely has not happened yet.

My fingers are crossed.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
3 more today off the coast of Oregon... and the dreams are still there.

Maybe the severity will be broken down by numerous quakes instead of one large one.

Fingers still crossed.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Does look like california has been quiet for a while. IRIS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join