It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-cop sentenced to life in prison for murders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Ex-cop sentenced to life in prison for murders

www.msnbc.msn.com

CANTON, Ohio - A former police officer was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison with a chance of parole after 57 years for killing his pregnant lover and their unborn child.

Jurors spared Bobby Cutts Jr. the death penalty in the most serious charge, an aggravated murder count in the death of the fetus.

Stark County Common Pleas Judge Charles Brown Jr. rejected a defense request to merge the sentences against Cutts, 30, but he could have allowed parole eligibility earlier.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com
www.cbsnews.com

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am glad the jury did not put into account him being a cop and give him leniency(sp). I hope he rots in there for what he did. Cops are becoming more and more dangerous everyday, thinking they can get away with what they do.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This has nothing to do w/ him being a cop.

He didnt murder because he was a cop. He murdered because he was a horrible person. He just happened to be employed as a cop.

I seriously doubt the jury would have taken his profession into account before deciding his fate.

Yes, its wonderful he will never walk the streets again!!

NOW if they can just nail Peterson for killing his 3rd wife and more then likely his 4th. I will be very happy!

[edit on 27-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
But you have to think the h was hoping that his service as a cop would have made it better for him.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent Styx

No, I dont have to think that. We dont know what was going on in his mind. He could have been employed as a Janitor. Would that have anything to do w/ him being a murderer. After all, a Janitor could easily clean up a mess and hope to get away with it.

TONS of people committ murder and hope to get away with it. Their job has nothing to do w/ any of it.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

It has everything to do with him being a cop. How cant you see this ? (you never can tho) Its like saying The baker had nothing to do with the bread.
So your saying that there are no "higher" standards for the police ? Just like how you spout about the baby killing military and tout them as "heroes" .

Where in the protect and serve oath does it mention killing your baby and girl?

I think he should have been made more of an example of . These people deserve at least 2x the penalty a regular person should get .
It is good to see he was nabbed. Its just ashame theres probably 5 more cops that skate these charges every day.

A janitor IS NOT A COP. Dont try that crap. If the janitor in my company was making the floors more dirty than clean . He would be frowned apon . Cause HE's a janitor. for christ sakes .

[I solemnly swear to wash the floor and clean the windows.]
Oh thats right . Janitors dont take oaths. They dont SERVE AND PROTECT

[edit on 27-2-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I am glad I am not the only one glad he got life for his crime. Though it is a shame that he didnt get the death penalty.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

There is NO evidence that shows that he murdered because he was a cop. Please provide that. That is your wishful thinking. You hate cops, a cop does something bad; therefore, you want to blame his profession on his crime.

Yep, he did a horrible thing. But the chance of him doing this no matter what his job was, is great.

People of all employments murder. However, them murdering has nothing to do with their job.

And nope, im not saying there are not higher standards for cops. You are making stuff up. All I am saying is...............

Him murdering his wife has nothing to do w/ his profession. He murdered because he is a horrible person..........not because he is a cop.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Styx
I am glad I am not the only one glad he got life for his crime. Though it is a shame that he didnt get the death penalty.

Come on. You really thought you would be the ONLY one who belived this man deserved either life or the death penalty???

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Its the fact that he murdered, and he was a cop. Not that he murdered becuase he was a cop. He most likely thought in his head that people would believe him. Or at least be lenient on him.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

So you think that if he was employed in any other profession, then he probably would have not murdered his wife? So the death of her and their unborn child is a result of him being a cop and thinking he can get away with it? LOL

I highly doubt that.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

luckily your statements speak for them selfs. I don't feel that i need to argue anymore . Noone said its CAUSE he's a cop . Sheesh. Come down off your soapbox and read the text again. I understand up there you probably need binoculars.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

luckily your statements speak for them selfs. I don't feel that i need to argue anymore . Noone said its CAUSE he's a cop . Sheesh. Come down off your soapbox and read the text again. I understand up there you probably need binoculars.

This is what Agent Styx said.

I am glad the jury did not put into account him being a cop and give him leniency(sp). I hope he rots in there for what he did. Cops are becoming more and more dangerous everyday, thinking they can get away with what they do.

Guess he really did emphasize on his profession that was the cause of the murder.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I didnt mean it as he did it because he was a cop, i reitereated in a another post that it was because he did it and he was a cop.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Does it really matter? Cops have historically gotten away with crimes simply because of their positional status.

That doesn't mean all cops function that way. Its just an observation.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As some of you know I am a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer), and here is my thought.

The standard of a LEO is supposed to be higher, but the human side of us cannot be expected to be. We all have emotions, situations, illnesses, etc...like EVERY other person in every other profession that can push us down a bad road. So guess what, things happen, JUST LIKE THEY DO TO EVERYONE ELSE. Is it more shocking to the general public, sure. Again because people forget, we are people too. Usually those who don't understand this are those who hate us, been arrested, had bad experiances with LE, or just plainly put are whackjobs. A normal person with common sense and rational thinking knows mistakes are made by ALL types, races, colors, and creeds..oh and professions!!!

Now, is this guy a scumbag and getting what he deserves...well if he is spending the rest of his life behind bars, then yes...justice was served. Just like it would be if ANYONE else committed this act. They do not belong in society.

I actually agree with Agent Styx in that a Jury shouldn't consider his being a cop when it comes to such a brutal crime...but then you had to go and say we as LEO's are becoming more dangerous. Why do I disagree, because it's just not true. Your dislike for cops getting to rough with suspects DOES NOT compare with the murder of a woman and her unborn child. As for him thinking people will be lenient on him, or understanding to his choice because he was a cop is crazy to me, especially with a crime of this magnatude.

And if you think he should of gotten the death penalty, thats fine, just make sure you feel that way about EVERYONE who murders in cold blood.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
I think he should have been made more of an example of . These people deserve at least 2x the penalty a regular person should get .
It is good to see he was nabbed. Its just ashame theres probably 5 more cops that skate these charges every day.

I rarely like to call people out and show why society and this country are falling apart, but you just made my point. ANYONE who does this crap should be made an example of....then maybe, just maybe EVERYONE would stop the stupid stuff they do.

"As for the 5 other cops out doing the same stuff, not getting caught...if there are 5 of us cops doing it, then imagine how many of you LOWER LIFE FORMS
are out there killing, raping, stealing, blah blah blah"...

yes that last paragraph was sarcasm in honor of oldworlddisorder. I thank you for putting me and my profession on a pedistal...

[edit on 2/27/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I us "lower life forms" are committing the crime, its quite different then a "law enforcement officer" who is paid to uphold the very laws he broke, and to protect us. Who is to protect us from the protectors? Im not saying he did this on the job, or because of the job, but he needs to be held to a higher standard, and be punished more severely than us "lower life forms".

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Agent...you take things to serious my friend. If you chose to quote my lower life form as a serious statement I am sorry your that emotional.

Now I did agree, we are held to a higher standard, to uphold the laws, and to serve and protect our fellow citizens...but to think that an oath and badge make us impervious to all that can happen in ones life to make you snap, crumble, lose it, etc...is just not good thinking.

And hopefully there are enough of us good cops and rational cops that we can keep the bad ones in check...but like anything else...we can't win them all, and some will slip through the cracks...but give credit where credit is due...the same department he worked for just got him convicted for the rest of his life...

new topics

top topics

join