It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver objects sited in Denver, fighter jets follow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
reply to post by cbianchi513

I dont know why people think that jets cant fly low over urban areas. I lived on or around a major F-16 base for years, and there were many many times i was out in the town and could have thrown a baseball up and hit the plane...

Well, I live on an F16 base right now.....and will be living on the base in Denver later this year.

Sometimes the jets just do something different for no reason at all. The pilots just decide to "fly over here" or "fly over there".

Every once in awhile we get a jet flying low over base housing. Many of us speculate that it is a pilot doing a fly by over his own house as if to say "hi honey, im almost home".
When we had A10s, they were notorious for doing this.

The kids LOVE it.

I can tell you there is NO pattern to jets flying....except taking off and landing. I literally can see the flightline from my backdoor. I get an air show every single day. LOL

So, for someone to say "well, jets never fly here". That really is not a big deal, as I described above".

I think people who are not around military aircraft and/or bases much...freak out at the site of one because they arent used to them. But in reality....it probably means nothing.

Also regarding BUCKLEY. Buckley is a gaurd base - and is Space System. So if jets are flying, its probably a guard weekend. Now grant it, im not there yet, so my info is based on what I have been told. I could be wrong LOL

[edit on 28-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Just another side to this story. I just got off the phone with my Mom. She lives about 5 miles South of where I do. I just happened to ask her if she heard anything strange the other day and her answer shocked me. My Mom is in her late 80's her hearing is really poor. She has used a hearing aid for the past 10 years and even with the hearing aid, does not hear well at all. She said that she heard the jets so loud, she thought they were going to land on her house.
I wonder if anyone know how to find out about the jets being scrambled that day? I would really like an answer...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by goblue
If the Black helicoptors where for training them why did they have completly black wind shields. Why would they train in a helicoptor that they wouldnt use in combat. To me a totaly black helicoptor would not go well in the desert it would be pretty easy to see. Also why would some one be training in a very populated area.

You do realize that not all training is for the desert nor is all training for current combat? Even if there was NO war in Iraq and we werent in Afganistan. Our military would still be training every single day, year around. That is what they do when they go into work every day. They train....war or not.

We have people on the ground in MANY countries that have no desert terrain.

Just thought Id clarify that.

Oh, we have an Army base right next to us. They have solid black helicopters....there are some weeks I see them every single day flying by my house. Then weeks will go by and I dont see any.

Seriously, it is NO big deal

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwatcher1
Just another side to this story. I just got off the phone with my Mom. She lives about 5 miles South of where I do. I just happened to ask her if she heard anything strange the other day and her answer shocked me. My Mom is in her late 80's her hearing is really poor. She has used a hearing aid for the past 10 years and even with the hearing aid, does not hear well at all. She said that she heard the jets so loud, she thought they were going to land on her house.
I wonder if anyone know how to find out about the jets being scrambled that day? I would really like an answer...

Have you contacted the papers in Denver? Have you contaced Buckley and asked why you saw what you saw?

I mean, if you and your family are the ONLY ones who saw it....that is really odd.

However, if many more people saw something so strange and out of the ordinary, I would assume they would be calling people around town.

Maybe people just didnt think anything of it...after all there are 3 bases in the vicinity that have jets located at them.

Id make some calls if I were you!! Call the Denver Post (or whatever its called LOL)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I saw most of this event from my back yard. I first noticed the jets because of the noise, the windows were shaking in my house. From what I could gather the jets were 'chasing' each other in a large circular pattern SW of Denver, probably from DTC to the foothills. They flew two patterns like this, not in formation, before joining in formation and flying south.

I saw the jets chasing each other. I admit that, for a second, I thought the leading jet looked more like a 'blob' than a jet, but it was against the sunlight and as I followed it, viewing through the trees, I thought I could make out some wings. I remember thinking that the leading jet was a different color than the others, a lighter metallic compared to the darker color of the follwing jets. The circular pattern they were flying was large enough that I lost sight for several seconds at a time, and other times my view was obscured by houses and trees. It was loud and awesome though.

I ran inside to get my camera..... no memory card. Ran back inside to get a memory card, jets were gone.

Theres a Lockheed Martin right down the road, perhaps they were testing some kind of navigation system. Pure speculation.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by sevenkev]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Perhaps you should re-read the original post. I andmy neighbor heard this.. neighbor.... it was only after finding the story on MUFON which there is a link to, that this peaked my interest, and why I started asking around. I can count on one hand how many times fighter jets have come this low.
I did contact the Denver post they had no information. As far as calling Buckley I don't know how to contact them. Please feel free to do so..

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

Sorry, I didnt read those few words.

As far as calling Buckley I don't know how to contact them. Please feel free to do so..

Im not going to call Buckley, as im not in the area and didnt see what you saw. LOL You will have to call them to describe it.

You can find phone numbers on their website:

www.buckley.af.mil...

Peterson:
www.peterson.af.mil...

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sevenkev

Ust curious why you would want to take a picture. Did you see something unusual? I am close to SW Plaza area.. I take it your further south?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There are many reasons I wanted to take pictures, including: Jets are cool. 'What if'. New camera. Surprisingly low flying. I'm always inclined to think of my camera when something out of the ordinary happens.

I'm not too far south of SW Plaza, and a little east.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by sevenkev]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
come on, I REALLY dont think they are sanctioned to fly over a major population area with after burners on FOR NO REASON AT ALL..Im sorry but I just dont buy that.

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
reply to post by cbianchi513

I dont know why people think that jets cant fly low over urban areas. I lived on or around a major F-16 base for years, and there were many many times i was out in the town and could have thrown a baseball up and hit the plane...

Well, I live on an F16 base right now.....and will be living on the base in Denver later this year.

Sometimes the jets just do something different for no reason at all. The pilots just decide to "fly over here" or "fly over there".

Every once in awhile we get a jet flying low over base housing. Many of us speculate that it is a pilot doing a fly by over his own house as if to say "hi honey, im almost home".
When we had A10s, they were notorious for doing this.

The kids LOVE it.

I can tell you there is NO pattern to jets flying....except taking off and landing. I literally can see the flightline from my backdoor. I get an air show every single day. LOL

So, for someone to say "well, jets never fly here". That really is not a big deal, as I described above".

I think people who are not around military aircraft and/or bases much...freak out at the site of one because they arent used to them. But in reality....it probably means nothing.

Also regarding BUCKLEY. Buckley is a gaurd base - and is Space System. So if jets are flying, its probably a guard weekend. Now grant it, im not there yet, so my info is based on what I have been told. I could be wrong LOL

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jainatorres

You dont buy what?

That jets fly over base housing? Um. okay then. Dont buy it, but its the truth....Apparently you never lived on a military base

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Is the whole of Denver a military base? According to the post they are flying willy nilly over dense population areas at very low alt, with afterburners on!
Sure sounds like a bunch of pilots dickin around to me..

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by jainatorres

You dont buy what?

That jets fly over base housing? Um. okay then. Dont buy it, but its the truth....Apparently you never lived on a military base

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
come on, I REALLY dont think they are sanctioned to fly over a major population area with after burners on FOR NO REASON AT ALL..Im sorry but I just dont buy that.

It is my understanding that there are rules as to how low they can fly in certain areas. I used to live near Oceana NAS in VA Beach VA and now live near Jacksonville NAS in FL The only time I saw low flying fighters were during air shows, landing and takeoff patterns, and special flyby's.

If the planes were in afterburner in a populated area they would have had special permission to do so or to go after a "threat".

If they did not have permission or were not going after a "threat" and they got caught they would go up for charges. They could have been two pilots "hotdogging" and did not get caught by the authorities (yet).

Only time will tell what is going on... I keep looking up. You never know what you will see.

I saw a small 1/4 scale size aircraft take off from JAX NAS a few weeks ago with 5 or 6 FA18s taking off after it one after another.

I suppose it was a training flight.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Speaking of fighter jets, I was inside my home on saturday the 23rd, and I was busy cleaning when out of nowhere there was the loudest noise followed by a tremendous shaking. I ran outside to witness 7 f-18s with afterburners flying over my house and turning rapidly to the east following each other , and finally in formation near the San Gabriel mountains headed due east. I live in Ontario california, and we NEVER get any military jets flying over our area, let alone flying so low. Anyone in the area see, hear or feel it?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cielonegro

This I am sure was similar to what happened here. If I were you I would to to the www.mufon.com web site.. there have many many strange this going on out in CA. Many have pictures. Would be interested to know if you find anything like I did..

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Interesting post. I hope you'll be able to catch something on camera and post it for all of us to see. I'm not a nay-sayer on UFOs but I do think there's many times that air traffic is a normal occurence.

I have to second Green-eyedLeo here about the Jets and all.

I have spent the last 13 years living in Colorado....mainly in the more rural areas: Salida, Walsenburg and Cotopaxi. The jet activity is very heavy in these areas because Ft.Carson is nearby....less than 100mi. as the crow flies.

The jet jockeys, lol, love to fly! I've seen them flying through our CANYONS either singly or in formation (usually 3 max). While living in Walsenburg I witnessed the most frequent "close encounters" with our boys in blue. I was living on a ranch...surrounded by ranch land with thousands and thousands of sparsely populated acres. There were several instances when the jets were so low that I could look up and read the "fine-print" if they'd been going alot slower! The jets would skim the fields just above tree-top!!!

It was a freakin trip to watch them fly by!

They're out in our skies on maneuvers for practice.

I've not once seen a UFO either alone or being pursued by a jet OR tank
and I have spent months at a time in superb, fair-weather--HIGH UP in the mountains...close to 10,000 ft. with ZERO city light interference.

Mind you, I lived just across the Sangre De Cristo Mt. range where all the strange UFO activity has been reported (over the years) regarding the cattle mutilations; this is the area that surrounds the Great Sand Dunes State Park and the ranches of that area.

I have and have had groups of friends stalking the friendly skies and we've never come away with CONCLUSIVE evidence.

What I think is that if they are out there...which I do believe they are....we won't see them when and IF they want us to.

Please note: I DO NOT think they are friendly!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by goblue
If the Black helicoptors where for training them why did they have completly black wind shields. Why would they train in a helicoptor that they wouldnt use in combat. To me a totaly black helicoptor would not go well in the desert it would be pretty easy to see. Also why would some one be training in a very populated area.

Many US army helicopters are painted in a very dark scheme that can look black from a distance. Also, its interesting to note that the Royal Air Force has deliberately painted its training aircraft, like Hawks, Tucanos and Squirrel helicopters black because studies showed that they actually showed up better against daytime skies that brightly coloured aircraft.

Many other training establishments are now also considering or actually re-painting their fleets overall black. So I really wouldn't read to much into seeing 'black' helicopters or aircraft - it's not sinister, its practical.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thank you for the reply greeneyedleo. I was hoping some one else at least new of them. I think the springs has the space comand but I might be wrong. I have done public retail buisness with a bunch of people from Buckly and think you have fun being there. I have been by there a couple of times and there are a lot of stuff taking off and landing there.
As to what what Aristol replied the helicopter where close enough to me that I could have hit them with a stone. I am a blueeyedleo with twenty twenty vision they where jet black with no markings what so ever. I got a very good look at them. It still makes me wonder what the all black including the windshield purpose might be.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
reply to post by PokeyJoe

The ships I'm talking about cruise at barely subsonic, right? I believe that afterburners were mentioned, which would indicate that they would exceed their cruising speed.

I'm only saying that they would be really trying to get somewhere in a hurry if they were lit up. That's supersonic to me.

an aircraft with full after fburner doesn't hit supersonic right away just the same as your car doesn't peg the needle the second you mash it to the floor.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here is a link that briefly describes when where etc it is ok for military jets to "train" in civilian population from the quick scan I gave it looks like jets are only allowed to play in designated training routes. Theese routes are posted with the FAA might want to see if you live near or under one of them.

air force

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join