It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rihanna Umbrella is this song masonic or somehting?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by criticalunity
reply to post by Frankenchrist

If the Police started marching around in millitary gear & the millitary started prancing around in police uniforms, & they all had the eye of providence (a pyramid) on their arms, would you still say, it'sd just a pyramid?

If. And if my budgie had webbed feet, I'd say I'd been sold a duck. "If" covers a lot of crazed potential hypotheses.

[snip]look up David Icke

Let's not and say we did. The boy's just plain certifiable.

But it's kinda hard to break the habit of attaching the word 'theory' to conspiracy when we have the illuuminati controlling the media, & hense controlling the way you think. - you are conditioned to laugh at this. - a smoking gun in itself.

You blaming '80s big hair and big shoulderpads on the "Illuminati"? Oy. This is what passes for elightened-one fashion? What about the punk ethos then? Goth? And the reason I'm laughing at your post has nothing whatsoever to do with "Illuminati" conditioning; it does, however, have everything to do with your point being laughable in and of itself, for its own merits (or lack thereof to be more accurate).

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
You blaming '80s big hair and big shoulderpads on the "Illuminati"? Oy. This is what passes for elightened-one fashion? What about the punk ethos then? Goth? And the reason I'm laughing at your post has nothing whatsoever to do with "Illuminati" conditioning; it does, however, have everything to do with your point being laughable in and of itself, for its own merits (or lack thereof to be more accurate).

The statement above is a perfect example of a Strawman Argument

A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "set up a straw man" or "set up a straw man argument" is to describe a position that superficially resembles an opponent's actual view but is easier to refute, then attribute that position to the opponent (for example, deliberately overstating the opponent's position).[1] A straw man argument can be a successful rhetorical technique (that is, it may succeed in persuading people) but it carries little or no real evidential weight, because the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.[2]
Its name is derived from the practice of using straw men in combat training. In such training, a scarecrow is made in the image of the enemy with the single intent of attacking it.[3]

Please add to the thread, or don't post.
DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

The statement above is a perfect example of a Strawman Argument

Uh.....no. The straw man was actually this:

If the Police started marching around in millitary gear & the millitary started prancing around in police uniforms...............

Originally posted by DocMoreau
Please add to the thread, or don't post.
DocMoreau

Aprés vous, monsieur.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Let's keep it civil and on topic please. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

And no freakin' French will be tolerated from here on out!

Peace

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
ok. i see alot of similarities in jay-z and freemasons. but to everyone saying bad about the illuminati etc go read up on it.. and not the # put out by crazy wack jobs. go read up on Adam Weishaupt. the REAL founder of illuminism. for ppl saying this country is falling apart there may be an NWO but its not the masons or the illuminati. this country was founded by masons and illuminists. this WAS a great country.. when governed by them, but it was corrupted by communists and psychopaths (FDR and others). Bush, Rocafeller etc are not masons.also for those who talk bad about satanist go look up traditional satanism. its really the opposite of what you ppl are saying. all those ppl running (or ruining) the country now are just control freaks. from reading the lyrics of the song in question i think it is (if anything) a warning.

When the sun shines
We’ll shine together = well get through this

Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath
I'mma stick it out 'till the end = if you need or want help im here

Now that it's raining more than ever = whats going on in the world today
Know that we still have each other = im here trying to help you, warn you in you will
You can stand under my Umbrella
You can stand under my Umbrella = im trying to save you

anyway and Jay-Zs first song seems (if in fact anything other than a song) more like im in here with them to get information. so if he is in it with them (which i speculate not, tho im not sure) he is certainly giving alot of info previously not announced this loudly.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I thought thats what was going on. Maybe I shouldn't call people out when they present things other than the truth.

I still disagree regarding the Straw Man, because I feel that the original poster who was attacked with rhetoric was 'on-topic', and was presenting a viewpoint regarding the use of symbols in our culture, especially the symbolism discussed in this thread. The Straw Man attacker provided nothing but an empty rebuttal. I called them on it, and then they proceeded to accuse the posted of committing a 'Straw man' themselves!

Here is the post that the 'webbed feet' Straw Man attacker claims is really the Straw Man:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If the Police started marching around in millitary gear & the millitary started prancing around in police uniforms, & they all had the eye of providence (a pyramid) on their arms, would you still say, it'sd just a pyramid? A pyramid is yes, just a pyramid, until you findout what the pyramids were REALLY all about, if you look at the evidence (look up David Icke) - But no, you wouldn't do that, because despite the fact that the REAL craziness is that most people wont even look into the FACTS, you probably wont either, until your friends, & most people do...

If you look at the history of 'civilization' you can see that we CAN change; Just look at the styles frrom the eighties (clothes & world-views) - When the styles change, people follow the herd.... - But it's kinda hard to break the habit of attaching the word 'theory' to conspiracy when we have the illuuminati controlling the media, & hense controlling the way you think. - you are conditioned to laugh at this. - a smoking gun in itself.

Which was in response to:

Sure its a pyramid. so what, you act like you cant have a certain shape in a video and not have it mean somthing. Thats called art. When she has her arms up and is kneeling , thats called a dance move. I dont remember Jesus dying on his knees in a pyramid. ...

So your saying everyone who produced this song, sang the song, directed the video are all in on this bullsh!t?

I have seen you guys reach , but god damn. you guy are reaching way to far.

You peeps remind me of my ex-wife when she was hopped up on Hydroxycut and started to develop acute paranoia.

Which itself is also a Straw Man argument from someone who claims to be a B-Boy PHD from the University of Chicago, who specializes in the Economics of the medical industry, who compares us to his drug addled ex-wife. So who is being rhetorical to further the arguement, and who is just piling on more and more rhetoric?

I am getting tired of coming to ATS for discussion, and having to deal with deflective rhetoric. Since the loss of the post feature, the problem is tenfold. This thread is filed with post after post of the same 'refusing' to see the evidence presented in front of them, or choosing to snipe at others who are trying to contribute viewpoints actually relating to the OPs original thesis. If you don't see it, why do you keep coming back to look? If you don't see it, why attack those who do?

I am trying not to attack anyone personally, or anything like that. I just am tired of being forced into the position of 'evangelizing' to be heard over the din of disinformants. Is it the Ad dollars that keeps action from ever really being taken to protect the discussion. All the extra ads viewed on all the pages of sanctioned rhetoric
sure doesn't hurt.

Perhaps the ATS community could learn a thing or two by examining how Hip Hop transformed from a Grassroots movement of Unity and Good Times, into a money sucking prostitute in Big Businesses' stable of pretty 'hoes' dancing inside of artistic triangles... Sheesh

I am done trying to deny ignorance for a while, maybe forever. Being forced to fight about it with those who would rather die fighting to keep their blinders on, while the Three Amigos pockets swell up like they got the mumps?

You better ask somebody...
DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The movie, JUNO, just came to me in a flash when I remembered the link. Since you and I know how they communicate and the codes that they use...to some extent, this fit perfectly and was too much of a coincidence. Those that are not aware of this; and you can't blame them.....won't understand. JUNO, a pregnant teenager out of wedlock [I haven't seen the movie], and the movie gets high ratings. "ratings"....I wonder. The promotion of teen immorality and a child conceived out of wedlock or a bastard child born of Eve, [JUNO], who was subject to the fall of mankind by disobeying God's commandment. The Child is the NWO, the anti-Christ and the "New Order of the Ages" all wrapped into one.

Our dollar bill is testimony of their rise to power. The Latin above the pyramid, ANNUIT COEPTIS, means It is favored our undertaking." The Latin below the pyramid, NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM, means "a new order has begun." The MSM has another version that we know is another spin. The 13 stars is the 13 Illuminati Families and not the colonies............

I will take this movie a step further. For the sake of exercising my "imagination", lets say that the "unborn" child will be hatched 9 months from the release date of this movie. That would put a significant event sometime around August or September timeframe. When was this unborn child supposed to be born. Again, I haven't seen the movie yet....I would bet that it is filled with messages to their groups. Its a new morality coming....a new age of our world is approaching......

reply to post by Dr Love

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
"in my opinion" people look too far into things and find things that just aren't there.

As for Jay-Z. Well, not quite sure at this point what to think of it. On the fence on that one.

As for the Umbrella song, maybe....just maybe! it's a metaphoric love song? Call me crazy but That's all that song is to me. A Pop Love Song for teenie boppers.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by RandomThought]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
ok, this is why I joined this website..I was looking up Rhianna, because I noticed the pyramid thing...and found this here. I thought I saw her form the compass with her legs....
but I am TOTTALLY willing to rule it out and call myself a crazy conspiracy theorist etc....

WHAT I WILL SAY!::

Beyonce and Shakira CLEARLY form the double cross in the video together...and bow wow and omarion, video, you can see, the cross and the crown. Just two I've seen like today...

I figured hip hop's inception, pretty anti, establishment whatever, due to the circumbstances from which it was born especially, but NOW, I see Jay hanging with the lot of them, and I question it's direction....

But, yeah, double cross, beyonce and shakira.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I stand against jay-Z on a spiritual level.

Certainly an illuminati wannabe puppet-master poisoning the minds of the youth and perpetrating the false worship of 'the almighty dollar'.

Page 1 of this thread is pretty much irrefutable evidence.

He is the only rapper that i have a problem with personally, which speaks volumes as generally it is foolish to personally judge people in the media without meeting them...

As TUPAC SHAKUR...
aka MAKAVELI...
aka 7IAMALIVE stated:

KILLUMINATI!!!!

by the way...

The people attempting to derail this thread are so clumsy and ineffective...
Perhaps they should consider killing themselves in a desperate attempt to be resurrected...
To parents with a better genetic disposition for intellectual thoughts, creativity and general savvy...

OOOHHH!!!
In yo face!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Here's the thing, I wouldn't go so far as to call Jay-Z, Kanye West, etc...."illuminati". I think these guys learned this black art (signs, symbolism) from someone, somewhere. They knew that by using these references in their music and videos the Illuminati would notice, after all they're the only people who will understand the true meaning. So by doing so these artists are basically saying "work through me", "promote me", and "I'll do your bidding". Then they skyrocket to fame and fortune, all the while learning more about the black art and indoctrinating other entertainers. Call it what you want, I call it selling your soul to the devil.

Their reach to the masses is undeniable.

Barry Manilow!

Peace

Well, you could even argue that being in the entertainment industry in general means that these artists are already under the watchful eye of the "powers that be". Think of it like this: Jay-Z is a persona. A stage name. Somebody is creating the Jay-Z character. Everything you see artists say or do is intentional, believe that. The illuminati or whatever you want to call them, they have complete control over the entertainment industry.

Someone said a few posts back that Reggae artists aren't getting a fair shake in the US. That's intentional, as well. Does anyone know the true meaning to the movie "I am Legend"? Do your homework.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by White Chapel

and sometimes a cigar is a symbol for a phallus.
this jay-z dude is COVERED in illuminati symbolism, and even says, 'the illuminati own my body and soul'.

i guess you're right, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and in this case i think we can take the lyrics literally.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Privy_Princess
Someone said a few posts back that Reggae artists aren't getting a fair shake in the US. That's intentional, as well. Does anyone know the true meaning to the movie "I am Legend"? Do your homework.

I've been trying to figure out the Legend as well, here's what I've got so far: The actor's name is Will, so it instantly becomes the "Will I am Legend," the William Legend. So instantly you think, who's a legendary William? I'd say it's William Shakespeare, who many believe (as do I) was actually Francis Bacon.

www.redicecreations.com...

www.sirbacon.org...

So the very persona William Shakepeare (in this view) is just a legend. Note: Shakespeare was supposedly 46 when the King James Bible was published. In Psalm 46 the 46th word from the beginning is "shake" and the 46th word from the end is "spear".

Will Smith is a Prince Hall Freemason, hence the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." Bel, Bell is Baal, one of the gods worshipped by high-level Freemasons.

A dollar is called a bill and you pay a bill at a restaurant, your inheritance is left in a will for your future descendants and the word “will” means future. Bill and Will/iam are interchangeable as common names as well. Then you have the words Billion and Multi- Billionaires’s like Bill Gates. The word Million resonantes with Will once again since the M and W are interchangeable in Masonry. This is why for instance in Will Smith’s album “Will 2K” he changes the MillenniuM to the WillenniuM.

Any other insights on the William Legend? Should I start another thread for this?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by freight tomsen

Wild connections, but interesting nonetheless. How does this relate to the book that the film was based on through? Obviously there was no actor with the real life name of "Will" in that. I'd be very interested to read Privy_Princess's theories regarding I Am Legend.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vulgardaclown

I would read about the real founder of the Illumanati... except that AW isn't. The 'Real' Illumanati predates AW, as does the Free Masons.

Actually hammering down a definitive 'beginning' is almost impossible, however alot is to be gleaned by checking a bit further back in the history of the world. Coming in at AW brings you into a more 'aware' time, a more easily recorded time, but does not give you the complete scope.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by freight tomsen

So Will Smith is a Prince Hall Mason? I can buy that.

That he was one at 17, and had a TV show with reference to that however... but then that's why they are Conspiricy Theory's.

It fits, though. I'll say that. Was he cast for the role, or did he win the role in casting? If they had the shows name and he won the audition, it's a bit different than if he came up with the show and cast himself.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yes he is. Though the Masons on here are sure to deny it, just like they do with Jay-Z. Here's a whole thread dedicated to this: "The Will I Am Legend."

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaos Lord
Here is the video of a hidden message "666 - murder murder Jesus" when played backwards in a Jay z song.

What's the name of the song Chaos Lord? I can't believe it, must play around with reversing it myself...

Edit to add:

The reversing of sound and getting a different message is known as the REVERSE SPEECH PHENOMENA. Give it a thorough read, really interesing stuff.

As I see it, one should really make a good job in making whole texts sound completely different in reverse. I mean, if they 'reverse-engineer' their lyrics, how can they be making so many albums in such a short period of time. It takes weeks and months to write a normal song, how much would it take to write a logical, good song which makes sense by listening to a 'Hidden Message' in the reverse and trying to build a real one? I'ma have to try this one of these days... we'll see what I get..

[edit on 13/5/08 by MastaG]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by White Chapel

White Chapel, have you lost your mind?

Let's think about Secret Societies in general. What do they usually do. Stand against the accepted establishment is one common denominator. Rap is used in many ways to shout down against government, and in some cases Religion (though admittedly some Rap is very religious, or denotes Religion as the right path though the rapper finds him/herself unable to follow that path).

The Illumanati was about fostering new ideas and finding was to enhance the value of life through knowledge (see: Science) and as a result found an enemy in the Church. The Mason's were found to be highly interested in the Economy and furthering of their community improvements, this is something standard Government saw as rivaling in power (after all, if such improvements and wealth influenced the masses why would said masses follow the rulers and governments? This could topple set Rulers, a risk and indirect attack).

So when Tupac, Snoop Dog, Dr. Dre, Eminem or even Bubba Sparx goes anti-establishment this very well ties into NWO ideals... even if the ideas are purely the performers in no conjecture with any Order or Society.

Read Tupac's lyrics. The man is obviously educated (mostly self-educated through reading, which can be MISEDUCATED due to reading biased books, *not saying he WAS Miseducated, merely speaking of the possibility if he did not balance his readings and make his own conclusions instead of being indoctrined by one style and avoiding all others... I wasn't there reading to him so I don't know*) and shows it both in his Life and his Work.

As an Educated Man he knew how best to keep his business, not just staying a staple in music but venturing out into movies as well. Exposure is key to entertainers, and he embraced this. As a Learned Man he also knew that with extra Exposure meant more outlets to get his message across.

He spoke of truths (his gang banging and disrespect for women who allowed themselves to be disrespected), he spoke of Ideals (I Bet 'Ya *That's why they call you Bitch*) where he speaks of the mistakes of a female friend and why she is percieved as she is... because she ALLOWS it. If she lived a righteous life, they couldn't label her as such. The fault is hers for choosing such a path. The point of the song, surprisingly (given Raps track record) is DON'T BE A HO. And coming from an inner-city male known to use women, at that. However, same user had great respect for his mother... a woman. He speaks of forgiveness (Is There A Heaven For A Gangsta?).

He was very inflamatory and very anti-government... at least the government he was living within. I'm not sure if he had alternatives, better ideas for society and how to implement them, but he had serious issues with how things were being run... especially in the inner cities. He showed genious and a high intelligence.

So, what is being said is that a Highly Intelligent person who is Anti-Establishment can't be brought into a New World Order or Secret Society? Hogwash.

Such a society could have many uses for such individuals. A complete usage of the individual, accept him in merely to use as a tool. Actual acceptance of the individual, using his abilities and allowing him to bring his own worth to the table to aid the cause. Setting up the Individual for the Fall.

To say that people of intelligence, ingenuity, and an agenda can not be accepted into a Society because of (was it Race or Profession?) is completely missing the common denominators between the individuals and the society. They go hand in hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join