It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cycles of Time...2012 and beyond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I feel this thread, being more spiritual in nature, pertains more to the topics in this forum, as opposed to those in others.

Many people are gravely concerned about 2012. They fear a destruction, or celebrate an ascension. Allow me to give you an older perspective on the subject.

All reality, or rather, the totality of all goes through cycles. There are four phases to the cycle, much like seasons. The length of each phase in the cycle is not widely known, and I won't claim to know that.

However, we are in what some call "The Kali Yuga" It's basically, the age of Darkness. All of human history that we know about, and well beyond falls under this age.

Some will argue, wondering about how dinosaurs, or the various theories will fit into this cycle. I will get there towards the end of my comments.

There are 4 phases, as discussed. The brightest phase, man is concerned most with the Totality of existence and the study of Spirit is paramount. Knowledge of the Spiritual nature is more a known, than something that is quested for, though there are still aspirations to climb higher.

The second phase, man descends a bit, becoming more concerned with the mental self, and the knowledge of the Mind. Here, the collective consciousness closes a bit, focusing on the Mental aspect to be supreme. Spiritual knowledge becomes more scarce.

The third stage, we descend even further, our Emotional selves take front stage. At this level, most men believe Emotional/energetic quality to be the highest. Spiritual knowledge becomes even harder to come by.

The final stage, the stage of Darkness that we are in, knowledge of the physical self excels. Most believe that the physical shell is all there is. This is the aspect that men develop the most knowledge about. All progress as far as spiritual evolution is gained, rather than given.

Come 12/21/2012, the final scene of this age will begin.

Now, the reason that most predict disaster is easily explained. During the ages of ignorance, especially this age, most have built up a great degree of negative consequences, or "bad karma." These consequences must be paid for.

Now, a specific man, and the global concept of man can both work to transform their character, and in this transformation, they spend and eliminate their negative consequences of their actions.

However, most of us never change in the slightest, so this negativity builds up. Yes, we experience varying degrees of misery, but we don't nearly absolve ourself of the consequences of our every thought, word, and action.

The dark age can only last so long, and if we don't pro actively transform it, it has to be released somehow.

So this is where most sense/predict the most likely path man will take. Man will unlikely transform, so they will experience misery, and destruction in the final scene of the Dark Age.

Think of fate like your hand. Certain fingers, or paths, are more pronounced than others. These are the most likely paths based off of our characters and the consequences of our actions. But the larger fingers are not the only possible paths that we may take.

Then, many expect a wonderful ascension period come 2012. Well, after the collective consciousness of mankind is purged by the final scene, man will become more aware as a whole, of the totality, and knowledge of the Spirit.

But then, over a great period of time, knowledge of Spirit will diminish, and knowledge of the lower aspects of Self will flourish.

As the amount of matter, the amount of energy/emotion, is all limited, though incomprehensibly massive, those entities that no longer need to manifest in a material form, then move up and exist primarily in the Emotional level as their main body, and those who ascend there will exist primaryly as mind substance, etc.

As more people climb the ladder, more spirits who have been waiting their turn to be incarnated will manifest in the physical world, as stones, or plants, or maybe animals, depending on their development at the moment.

After an infinitely long period of time, when a being makes the step to the top of the Ladder, and gains full complete consciousness and oneness with all, they are then filtered back to the material world, starting the process all over again as a new "blank" entity. Think of a soul as a body of water. after having attained the whole of totality, that mass of water then seperates, and from it other bodies of water spring.

Ever so gradually, the level of consciousness one starts with grows.

Most people in this world have not gained a human manifestation before the beginning of the Dark Age. These people are especially lost, as they have never known the higher powers, but in time, they will come to grow, and eventually become the elders of their race.

Now, as far as what scientists are discovering now, and as far as dinosaurs, quantum theory, and all of these things go, here is my answer.

At the brightest phase in the cycle, more knowledge and global consciousness of Spirit and all of the lower planes exists. At this phase, all of these 4 stages are as real as matter is for you and I.

At the end of the 1st age, Spirit and global consciousness of the highest stage is filtered out, and becomes less real and more surreal, being touched upon by only a few.

As the second age ends, knowledge and perception of the true mental abilities and consciousness filters out, leaving then, the level of Emotion/Energy, and Matter. Energy being the higher state, and being most focused on.

As the third stage ends, we end up here focused primarily on the Physical.

Each age takes with it a huge chunk of existence. Man will never find Atlantis, for it left at the end of it's age. Dinosaurs and things like this are remnants to an age that faded out of global consciousness, hence, out of detectable existence.

Man cannot find what has been filtered out by consciousness, unless he possesses consciousness at the level of the filtered.

Does this make sense? I hope so.

Come the end of our final scene, a new age shall come, of greater peace, and so the cycle, and likely, a new "big bang- esque" sequence will take place, and it shall start again.

At the beginning of this age, man had greater knowledge of Spirit, but as we became more adept in the science of the flesh, we forgot more of what we left behind. Hence the departure from Eastern medicine to Western, one being more physically oriented, one more energy oriented.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Although I disagree strongly we are caught in some cycles forever, it can seem that way.

The "Cycles" are not once singular set but layer upon layer. Just as we have 12 "months" a great year also has 12 ages. Roughtly 125 thousand years is that cycle.

2012 is the end of an "age/aeon". 2150 years.
at the end of a season, period of 4 "ages" or about 8600 years
some maybe even sudgest the end of a great year some 26000 year cycle.

Though those figures are rough at best, I think the point comes accross.

Now if you listen to ancient cultures like the Hopi you'll reconize were transitioning through the 4th, 5th, 6th... NumberX cycling through this phased plan.

I see it as maybe one maybe sees the mayan calander. The Mayan Calander has it's cogs and clocks that runs other clocks, quite like the "Great" clock I think it is like. Only thing is that the "Great Clock" is soo large and long no living being can fully track it.

Personally I'll hold to my belief that we're not stuck in one ever repeating loop but rather have gone through several spins on a wheel that will lead us as beings to a higher time frame.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Ancient cultures describe it rather as a spiral going ever upwards. I don't really see any major disagreement with what you just said, other than the specifics of ages and times you are listing.

Also ancient Hindu and Buddhist traditions refer to 4 ages that make up a given cycle. Nothing lasts forever, there must be a constant change. As the totality of consciousness is ever ascended upward, though appearing to be one singular thing from one vantage point, appearing to be but a circle, it is in reality a spiral.

Again, I don't see and disagreement, unless I am majorly misinterpreting what you are saying.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman

Again, I don't see and disagreement, unless I am majorly misinterpreting what you are saying.

What you are saying is understood in the higher contexts of the understandings written down. I had to address in such a way as to be wide. I wasn't addressing you. There are many that are confused with the teachings assuming that it is all one long cycle that repeats itself time and time again just in the same way as it did before. It was to that mindset I was in disagreement with.

When you draw assimulation accross spiritual teaching lines you have to refine your stance on several key points because of the general nature of the vague understandings that they all seem to ad up to.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
members.aol.com...
What do you think of this.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
great thread. sorry for the one liner, I just dont have anything to say that has not been said! Incarnated!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman

When you draw assimulation accross spiritual teaching lines you have to refine your stance on several key points because of the general nature of the vague understandings that they all seem to ad up to.

I understand what you mean. I should be more careful. I remember, about 10 years ago when I first started to read about "Oneness", how deeply offended I was at the concept. It was depressing, upsetting. The way I was perceiving it at the time, I was disgusted at the idea.

But from a more refined point of view, I now see what terrified me back then about the word was nonsense.

Same idea. I can see how people would view the cyclical nature of things as being in an endless and meaningless merry-go-round.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

If I were a proponent of these teachings, I'd be a member of the SOL.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreySwordsman

I pretty much understand the cycle of things the way you do but I probably wouldn't have been able to say it the way you do.

The world doesn't "physically" end in 2012. And events will not just happened on that date. What changes is our perception and awareness of the world, we start to do things differently, we see things differently, we become more affected by natural events and we adapt to the next level. I know we're speaking spiritual here but the whole process can be considered evolutionary. Steps up the ladder, or rings around a circle that always increasing or decreasing (depends on your perspective).

I've heard people say this shift in conciousness has started this year, I disagree, this new level of awareness started subtlely years ago and is only more visible to some now as it get stronger. We tend to think in time as related to our standards of keeping time, but fail to realize we're on a cosmic time scale not a human one. (sorry for the ramble...interesting thread
)

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
reply to post by TheGreySwordsman

I've heard people say this shift in conciousness has started this year, I disagree, this new level of awareness started subtlely years ago and is only more visible to some now as it get stronger.

I have to agree that it started years ago and has been getting stronger. Something funny was this guy's scale of time.

www.agoodman.org...

I found that from what I find such consciounesses are fitting within this time frame. This is not in suport of his teachings. Only I've found several very intresting dates in and among this model.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I couldn't agree more. But I do want to stress that a destruction must come at the end of this age, UNLESS there is a massive transformation of the personal character of the populace. This aspect of th change will not be very pleasant, and I dare compare the destruction akin to an "Apocalypse." as it's called.

Everyone in this age(and the others) are so quick to say they know everything.

Science has always said "Yep, I'm completely right!" (This time) after being proven wrong many other times. However, it's not to their fault, they cannot perceive what lies beyond the veil, so they must use what they know to describe it.

Just as the next age will know that Spirit is everything, the one after will know that Mind is everything, the one after will know that Energy is everything, and then we'll find our way back to this world that finds Matter to be everything.

We are all on a quest for spiritual evolution, and of course, our personal growth vastly contributes to the growth of man on a global, or cosmic scale.

Each of the for stages is just a refinement of another. Matter has been called "The body of God" Energy the "Life force of God." The Mind substance (Or collective unconscious) the mind of God, and Spirit, the Spirit of God.

One comes from the other, Spirit being the highest manifestation. Each of us as a vital and grand role to play in the scheme of totality, and the more aware we are, the larger the role. Each of us are destined for such incredible greatness, most, even I at this stage of consciousness can't even grasp our potential, but some alive can.

As far as the cycle goes, Nature is constantly telling us of this cycle, as night turns into day, and Spring turns into Summer, as we age, just like the trees.

Life and death, they're no big deal. Changing of the seasons.

History repeats, in more ways than one, but as has been stated earlier, we're not stuck in an eternal rerun. While seasons change in our lives, as days pass, no two cycles are alike. While Spring, the flowers bloom, the events that occur in the Spring are always different. As no two snowflakes are identical, so are the paths we walk, though sometimes they may be very similar.

It's all much easier to grasp than most get.

Thanks for contributing!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

I have to agree that it started years ago and has been getting stronger. Something funny was this guy's scale of time.

www.agoodman.org...

I found that from what I find such consciounesses are fitting within this time frame. This is not in suport of his teachings. Only I've found several very intresting dates in and among this model.

Interesting! Many people are quick to condemn certain modes of thought. So-called spiritual people are quick to condemn the major religions, science, and others. But while I have my disagreements with them, I try not to pass judgment. Just as you said, this level of consciousness is fitting for many at this time. For others, it is not fitting.

For children, it may be fitting to cry when they are upset. For adults, it is less fitting. This is the same idea. The world we live in is a quite fitting backdrop for the general consciousness of the world at this time. It is most appropriate.
*************** Edit
There, now I have time to comment more fully. November 3rd 2010, fully ethical society? What a a great birthday present that would be for me!

But yes, I find that his thinking is flawed, and he's trying to force his will upon the issue, but I don't believe his chart of evolution makes much sense.

Like I said before, INTERESTING! To get back to my previous comments on this, while for us this teaching may not be fitting, for his level of development, it is most fitting. I am glad to see the effort placed towards developing an understanding of our world.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by TheGreySwordsman]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
interesting link and I admit my thinking also goes along with that time frame.. however "fully ethical society" by 2011???? don't think so, I find that we're straying further away from ethics and morality than before, so it's hard to think we'll have a full reversal by then.. if that is what the author of that link is suggesting.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I think you misunderstood the theme of the model. It has less to do with "society" as it does with conscious mind set on a more personalized level of understanding. It also assumes you believe something is happening and will happen based in the understood 2012 phenomenon. Being that you have your doubts society will change by late 2011 tells me you really don't believe in the 2012 thing. As I expect much in this world to change forced by nature and events. Mankind and society's biggest points of growth happen under pressure extreams.

Now if we flip the coin.

Maybe the model just works for several of us because we are like minded in an age bracket, and experiences simular worlds.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

yep you're right I did misunderstand the model, thanks for explaining it.
And you're also right in that I don't fully believe this whole 2012 thing, I don't cosmic forces, God, whatever you want to call it works on our time frame and schedules.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

That's not the right way to look at it. "God" doesn't work on "Our" time schedule.

That's not to say we can't understand "God's schedule" or "The Universes Clock".

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

well that's the beauty of this whole thing, we all see things in different perspectives. I don't think there is a right or wrong way, just our own ways.

I look at it this way... if God/Cosmic forces wanted us on his/it's/their schedule we'd be on it. Sure we can try to understand it, offer conjecture etc, but we won't know for sure anyways until we're not here to care about it anyhow... so yeah..

new topics

top topics

join