It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceitful Conspiracy of Ronald Weinland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by jdposey

Why do you spew hate about Ronald Weinland? So what if he isn't a witness. The man still preaches the truth about God.

Just because someone disagrees with another and you make an effort to point out these disagreements, that does not indicate hatred.

You make the statement that Ronald Weinland still preaches the truth about God. I am sorry, I don't think one can say what Ronald Weinland has stated in regard to himself [One of Two Witnesses], as well as other " prideful " statements, and then be judged as having the capability to hold any certain amount of truth in regard to God.

I personally believe that IF Ronald Weinland had been grounded in sincere, unadulterated truth, he would have never reached the point which he did in proclaiming himself and his wife as the Two Witnesses and, making the false assumptions he did in his book.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
He's not trying to make money on this. Poor guy probably has a great heart, but he's just misguided.

When I first encountered Ronald Weinland and all that he had stated in regard to himself, all I could see, judging from statements made by Mr. Weinland, was evident pride.

One thing is evident, He sincerely believed himself (and wife) to be specially chosen by God, the question is, was he humbled in heart or was his heart swollen through pride, leading him to make false predictions? Somewhere in there a spiritual glitch occurred, and the result were false prophecies.

What the condition of his heart was at the time all of this came about [writing of book], only God knows, that is for sure!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You're correct. I completely missed that in his book, although I didn't actually read the entire thing. Here it is on his blog.

now is the time to publicly reveal the name of the second end-time witness. It is my wife Laura.

ronaldweinland.com...

One other item of note was his prediction that there would be no new president in 2009. This prophecy failed as of yesterday.

there will not be a new president take office in January…I wrote the book. And God gave an outline for various things

-Mike McConnell Show Radio on April 7, 2008
Source

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

One other item of note was his prediction that there would be no new president in 2009. This prophecy failed as of yesterday.

there will not be a new president take office in January…I wrote the book. And God gave an outline for various things

-Mike McConnell Show Radio on April 7, 2008
Source

Thanks for pointing that out, I personally had never heard or read that statement!

I think the unfortunate thing in all of this, even with all these failed predictions, if Mr. Weinland follows the leading of Herbert W. Armstrong, he will not renounce anything, but only rise to make new predictions, change dates on the old and continue forward.

Even back in 1988 when the "88 Reason" book failed, I believe Mr. Whisenant adjusted his dates to 1989. Of course nothing transpired and I believe it was in May of 2001 that Edgar C. Whisenant died, both financially broken and his heart broken. I hated to hear that, especially he died with a broken heart.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
when the "88 Reason" book failed, I believe Mr. Whisenant adjusted his dates to 1989.

I took a copy that I found in our church, drew a line through the 88 and added "89", then added the 89th reason in the back of the book.

• 89 - It didn't happen in 88.

My father laughed, but wouldn't let me leave it for someone else to find. I think a lot of people took that book seriously. At least that book (to my memory) didn't try to distort what was in the Bible the way that Weinland's book does.

• posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:48 PM
    link   
    reply to post by dbates

How funny.

You are right though, by no means did Mr. Whisenant corrupt the word of God like Mr. Wenland has done.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:01 PM
    link   
    reply to post by dbates

At least that book (to my memory) didn't try to distort what was in the Bible the way that Weinland's book does.

I've never read the "88 reasons..." book but from the reports I've heard, it wasn't too bad. It was (ultimately) WRONG, but hopeful to the Saints!

Ronald Weinland (RW) is an EXCEEDINGLY boring false prophet. I read (or rather skimmed) through his book online. It is boring.

It reads like this:
    Cats are hairy.
    Elephants are big
    Water is wet
    Two world wars were fought in the 20th Century
    I (RW) am the final witness and chickens live under the water and there was no daylight yesterday because of me
    Grass is green
    Cows go "moo"

His online sermons are two hours of some of the most boring sermons I remember suffering through. (I've heard maybe 5 or 6 of them?)

What makes RW so fascinating (to me) is his absolute delusions. He REALLY DOES believe he is one of the two final witnesses! He spends a LOT of CA$H on advertising on Google for his free book. He even gives DATES! He is like the Old West "freak show" at the traveling circuses:

See the bearded lady!
    See the half-man/half-dog!
    See RW delude himself!

The SAD part is that so many are deluded...along WITH him. I suppose I need to (ultimately) leave them alone:
    Matt 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

RW comes from (and teaches) quite a bit of "Armstrongism":

en.wikipedia.org...

I was looking for a way to close this post and I just thought of what RW reminds me of...he reminds me of those folks on "American Idol" who are so "tone deaf" during the auditions...that they have no idea how TERRIBLE they are at singing and absolutely refuse to believe that they can't sing.

(I hope that makes sense?)

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:07 AM
    link   
    I AM THAT I AM . I was "instanstaneously awakened". You probably know the period of "tribulation". As a matter of fact, Revelation & Nostradamus's Prophecies are been worked on. As soon as they are finished, they will be posted: Too late by then. Buddha, Jesus, Moses, mother Theresa all make sense now, it seems to me so easy. Unfortunately, for some its still not. I really wish that everyone would be able to be awakened.

I wish that this was just a dream, and that people would just wake up and everything would be ok. But, you know what they wouldn't get it. They would still wake up selfish. I tell myself, why can't they just want to be like this: one mind, for love. It is not that hard, all you have to do is "train" the mind. Its a "skill" that if you try you can get.

I AM THAT I AM. The temple "church representation of the scattered Children of light". I am that I am.

Love and compassion always.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join