It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceitful Conspiracy of Ronald Weinland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It is now with boldness, confidence and great clarity that I give to
you what God has given me. I am to announce, through God’s
direct revelation, that I am one of those two witnesses. (Ronald Weinland: 2008 God’s Final Witness, Page-16)

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. (Romans 12:3)

JDPOSEY: Throughout the centuries individuals have arisen, also with boldness, confidence and clarity, announcing to the world they had been specifically set aside by God as a chosen vessel to speak to the world. In Matthew 24:11, Jesus stated: “And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.” The word used for many, refers to a large number. Also, given the fact that every sign which Jesus gave concerning his second coming was to be compared to a woman in labor, the labor beginning gradually and intensifying with time, we can be assured that the closer we are to the second coming, the greater amount of false prophets will be evident and, as the scripture states, many will be deceived. From this we can be assured deception will overtake many people, and by means of false prophets. Does Ronald Weinland kick against the instruction of Paul in the above scripture? Paul, who, if any man could have thought more highly of himself, Paul would have had the temptation to do so, instead, we find Paul revealing his own character, by way of instruction in the above scripture to the Christians at Rome.
Post 1 of 10 Please wait before commenting

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

For that matter, none of the Book of Revelation was written so that just anyone reading it could understand. It has to be revealed through God’s servants, and most of it was reserved to be revealed at this end-time through God’s end-time prophet— me. (Ronald Weinland: 2008 God’s Final Witness, Page-87)

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. (Revelation 1:3)
Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.(Revelation 22:7)

JDPOSEY: Here again, is Mr. Weinland thinking more of himself than he should, or, do we take note of his previous statement regarding boldness, confidence and clarity and hand complete authority over to him, assuming we are hopeless and without capability of understanding the contents regarding the Book of Revelation? Given the scriptural references above, “Blessed is he that readeth” and “Blessed is he that keepeth,” the two scriptures mention nothing in regard to Mr. Weinland’s statement that the Book of Revelation was written in such a way that not just anyone could understand it.The only obvious handicap would be to those who refuse to “hear the words.” Like V3 of Revelation 1 states, “Blessed is the one who reads, hears, and keeps. If that were not possible, like Mr. Weinland wants to lead his readers to believe, then I believe we would find that indicated in the Book of Revelation. Not to mention, we would also find the verse which advises us to “wait for the appointed one,” after all Mr. Weinland states: and most of it(Book of Revelation) was reserved to be revealed at this end-time through God’s end-time prophet— me.

Post 2 of 10 Please wait before commenting

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The Church of God, over the past twenty years, has prided
itself in the knowledge of God.... Over the last hundred years and before, God
did not give His people all knowledge about Himself and His
Son.
Part of that knowledge was withheld from God’s end-time
apostle, Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong.
This knowledge was
reserved so that it could be revealed at the time that God revealed
His end-time spokesman, as a proof of His seal on His two end-time
witnesses.(Ronald Weinland: 2008 God’s Final Witness, Page 113)

JDPOSEY: Something becomes evident when you read the above statement. Mr. Weinland makes reference to The Church of God, yet as you read, he brings into the picture Herbert W. Armstrong, in relation to The Church of God. It becomes clear by this comparison, that in the mind of Ronald Weinland, The Church of God he is alluding to, stems from the foundation of Herbert W. Armstrong and his World Wide Church of God; which was founded by Armstrong, who Ronald Weinland began within, but later broke from, forming his own church: The Church of God, Preparing for the Kingdom of God (CG-PKG). Therefore, it is important to remember that in the mind of Ronald Weinland, when he speaks of the ONE TRUE CHURCH on earth today, it is The Church of God-PKG , and the aim of his book is to bring everyone into this one true church, which he founded.

Post 3 of 10 Please wait before commenting

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Mr. Weinland refers to Herbert W. Armstrong as an end-time Apostle. In the opening of his book, 2008 God’s Final Witness, Mr. Weinland makes the following statement, “ Herbert W. Armstrong, a wise man of God and an apostle in the twentieth century (page 2) and, one can find this additional statement, “God’s end-time apostle and prophesied “Elijah to come” was Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong (page 162).

Let’s look at some of the things which the Apostle, prophesied Elijah had to say in his lifetime:

A prophecy about Mussolini:
"Undoubtedly, then, the "Beast" who will capture half the city of Jerusalem, fighting at Armageddon against Christ at his Second Coming, is MUSSOLINI, with ten European Dictators, and their armies! It is coming in This Generation!"
Herbert W. Armstrong, The Plain Truth, January 1939, p. 4

A prophecy about Hitler:
"And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against - against whom? Not Britain and America! Not Israel - against Him that sat on the horse and His army (Rev. 19:19.) It is Christ and the Angels that Hitler will fight."
Herbert W. Armstrong, The Plain Truth, March/April 1943, p. 6

"But all these things, as Jesus explained, are to be only the beginning of our time of national trouble. "Once we are weakened by starvation, disease and the resulting calamitous economic depression, the Ten-Nation European Colossus will suddenly strike with hydrogen bombs that shall destroy our cities and our centers of industrial and military production!"
Herbert W. Armstrong, 1975 In Prophecy, p. 13

JDPOSEY: What are we to conclude regarding these statements which were made by Herbert W. Armstrong, the man whom Ronald Weinland holds in high regard as a wise man of God, an Apostle of the twentieth century and, the prophesied Elijah? It should be obvious that these prophesies failed and one can easily conclude that Herbert W. Armstrong was neither an Apostle, nor the prophesied Elijah. What Mr. Armstrong was, as is obvious from the above list, is that he was a False Prophet. And now, where Mr. Armstrong was lacking, Ronald Weinland states that God has reserved for him the knowledge, which his mentor, Armstrong only had partial knowledge about, in essence, Mr. Weinland is to pick up, where Armstrong left off, and in doing so, through Weinland’s prophecies, he will be confirmed as, one of the two last day witnesses. I ask you, if the Apostle and Prophesied Elijah (Armstrong) has been confirmed as a False Prophet, then why should anyone expect Ronald Weinland to be confirmed any different, since they both are operating in the same spirit of self-deception?

Post 4 of 10

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Before I tell you what the Seven Thunders are, there is something that you
must be reminded of first. Amidst all the horrifying events that will unfold from this point forward, until the end-time tribulation is over and Jesus Christ finally returns, God will tell the world what is happening and why there is such devastation. God will even tell these things
in advance. How will He do this? He will do it through His end-time prophets—His two witnesses, but He will do it primarily through me, His end-time spokesman. (Ronald Weinland: 2008 God’s Final Witness, Page-88)

JDPOSEY: Notice again the reservation of knowledge which only Ronald Weinland has. Before, we were told by him that we could not understand the Book of Revelation and needed him to open our understanding. Now, he informs us that when end time events begin to take place, and we are left without understanding as to what these things mean, only through him, will we be able to gain understanding and enlightenment. Only deceptive men dumb down their audience, in an attempt to gain control of their minds. Outside of instilling fear within the audience, this is the first method in persuading the hearers to abandon their senses to Mr. Weinland’s authority.

Post 5 of 10

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The Seven Thunders
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven,..And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.(Revelation 10:1-4)

JDPOSEY: I thought it was astounding, that what the Apostle John was commanded to seal up and not record, Mr. Weinland would go against that commandment and imply that he was given special privilege and access to break that commandment and reveal these Seven Thunders.

And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. (Revelation 22:10)
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: (Revelation 22:18)

JDPOSEY: Here we find John reaching the end of all that he has seen and been given in regard to the Revelation. The angel which John converses with now instructs John to not seal this revelation and all of its prophecies. Does this scripture imply that the Seven Thunders which John was instructed to seal and not write down, may now be opened? If that were so, and the answer to that were yes, then today we would be aware of what these Seven Thunders were.

An even greater seal is placed upon those Seven Thunders and enforced when John conveys the closing words of Jesus. “If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.” Does Mr. Weinland not see the severity of what he has done, by taking it upon himself to open these Seven Thunders, publishing them in a book? Is he ignorant of the fact that by doing so, he is adding to the Book of Revelation by way of laying out in his book what John was instructed to seal and not write down? Nowhere in scripture, and I say that again, no where in scripture, will you find a verse which states that these Seven Thunders were to, later be revealed by anyone. Therefore, if we take Revelation 10:4 with Revelation 22:18, we can be assured they were to be sealed and not recorded and that verified by Jesus Christ Himself.

Post 6 of 10

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
JDPOSEY: Below are the signs which Jesus gave to those who questioned Him in regard to the end of the age (end-time) and His return. Jesus said that these signs would begin as a woman in labor and would intensify in their occurrence, like that of labor pains intensifying; meaning, they would begin gradually and as they intensify they would occur more and more frequently. He also added, “when you see these things beginning to come to pass, look up, lift up your head, for your redemption is drawing near.

Deception by men, many false prophets will arise and will deceive many, wars and rumor of wars, nations rising against nation, kingdom against kingdom, earthquakes in different places, famine, pestilence, rampant lawlessness (iniquity-sin), love of many waxed cold, fearful sights and great signs in heaven, signs in the sun, moon stars, sea and waves roaring, men’s hearts failing them (death-heart attacks) for fear of what is coming upon the earth.

JDPOSEY: Having read the above list which Jesus laid out as signs for His disciples to observe, as calculating His return and the end of the age (end-time), let’s compare the Seven Thunders which Mr. Weinland outlines in his book, first, reading what he has to say concerning these Seven Thunders before laying them out.

All Seven Thunders contain things that have occurred on the
earth in one way or another ever since man’s beginning...But what is happening
now, in these Seven Thunders, is new because it is part of end-time prophecy.(Ronald Weinland: God’s Final Witness, Page 92)

Post 7 of 10

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The First Thunder is the beginning terror of war
The Second Thunder is the increasing destruction generated by earthquakes.
The Third Thunder is the growing destructiveness from weather.
The Fourth Thunder is global economic upheaval
The Fifth Thunder is death
The Sixth Thunder is the growing revelation of God’s end-time witnesses. That revelation is that I am the spokesman of God’s two end-time prophets.
The Seventh Thunder is the accelerated revelation of God to man.

JDPOSEY: Are we to believe that the very signs which Jesus spoke almost 2000 years ago concerning his return and the end of the age (end-time) have now become something NEW because Mr. Weinland chose to squeeze them into the sealed seven thunders, somewhat revamping them? Even his mentor, Herbert W. Armstrong was not as bold as Mr. Weinland. At least he had some reservation in his self deception. Mr. Weinland has loosed the boundaries of deception, exceeding any fallacies that Mr. Armstrong might have incurred.

If you follow Mr. Weinland’s thinking process regarding the Seven Thunders being the very signs which Jesus gave to his disciples, and then try to compare that thinking to Revelation 10:4 where John is advised to seal and not write these Seven thunders down, then you have to ask yourself, better yet, ask Mr. Weinland, “If these thunders are no more than the signs which Jesus gave to his disciples, and were evident even to John, who personally heard these signs spoken by Jesus, don’t you believe there would have been no need for John to seal them, if they were something already known by John and many others? The fact is, the Seven Thunders have nothing to do with the signs which Jesus gave to His disciples, and for Mr. Weinland to lead people astray in thinking they are, not only is he responsible for his own deception but also for deceiving his readers.

Post 8 of 10

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

If you believe anything about God other than what is written in this book, then you do not know the true God of Abraham... This book reveals God’s plan and purpose being worked out on this earth, and therefore, it reveals the true God!...Time is not on your side any longer. You have before you true life and death decisions that must be made quickly if you have any hope of sharing in that new age. (Ronald Weinland: 2008 God’s Final Witness, pages 243, 244)

JDPOSEY: Look at the dilemma Mr. Weinland leaves his readers in! They have ONLY two choices. One, if you believe anything other than what is written in his book, then you do not know God. Second, (FEAR) Time is running out, life and death decision must be made NOW. Let me sum up what Mr. Weinland is saying: Time is of the essence, unless you accept that I am one of the Two Witnesses, receive everything I have written in this book, by way of Church of God-PKG doctrinal teaching and the fearful warning as I have laid out, there is no hope for you, you will be lost!

Post 9 of 10 Please wait before commenting

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
JDPOSEY In conclusion, I submit to you that, like his mentor, Herbert W. Armstrong, Ronald Weinland is but one of the many False Prophets which Jesus fore-warned His church concerning. I also submit to you that the boldness, confidence and clarity which Ronald Weinland comes to his readers with is nothing but the effects of self deception and thinking more of ones own self than is acceptable. I also submit to anyone who sincerely believes that Mr. Weinland's Church of God-PKG doctrine is biblically sound, to examine it’s founder and be aware of the fact, any man who advocates such blatant self deception, as to refer to himself as he does, one of the witnesses, his doctrine, like the man, is intertwined in equal deception. One thing you will not see Ronald Weinland doing, nor any of his disciples, is lifting Jesus Christ up, nor boasting in the Cross of Christ and the grace which flows from it.

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,...(Galatians 6:14)

Post 10 of 10 POSTING FINISHED

[edit on 27-2-2008 by jdposey]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I agree 100%!

He's a pompous arrogant fraud.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am posting the response below, which was posted as a reply to someone else on another thread, with the intention of making clear my reason for developing this thread.

Although I do not approve of character assassinations, at times I do believe, when you are observing outright deception taking place by an individual, if there be any amount of light within you, it is needful to place that spotlight on someone and expose them for what they are. To me, what Mr. Weinland is doing is very serious and may be going unnoticed by a vast majority of people.

I wanted to address your question above: "Why attack the guy for announcing the coming of Christ?" How would you, or anyone respond, if I told you, Ronald Weinland could care less if his prophesies failed? You have to understand the ways of a deceptive mind and how it functions.

What do you think the real issue is with Ronald Weinland’s book? I challenge anyone to examine the fruit of his work. What is that fruit? The growth of his church, the Church of God-PKG, which has brought in converts as a result of his book. We may look at these new converts entering a church, but the real issue is, they are coming under a strict doctrine, one of which, once you’ve entered, it is a hard thing (mentally) to free yourself from. If Paul were writing this, the result would be the epistle to the Galatians and his summation:

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

If anyone would do a word search in the New Testament on “bondage and fear, “ you would quickly recognize what that is tied to, the very doctrine which Ronald Weinland is aiming new converts in. The very thing which Paul warned his readers about time and time again.

This is the reason I say that Ronald Weinland could care less if what he says in regard to himself and his prophesies fail. Even he said he would admit he was wrong. But even so, the damage has been done, the plan carried out and the church has grown. Do you think these people will walk away so easily? How can they, since they have been persuaded that his church is the one and only true church and outside of that, you are lost.

This is why I am against JUST WAITING to see if these prophecies fail or not. It is what is taking place behind the scenes while everyone else is looking the other way for the signs.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

We don't need to wait and see if Ron's prophecies come to pass, he is twisting and perverting the scriptures, like saying Christ wasn't in existence until born of Mary, so that lie in its self disqualifies Ron from being a true prophet.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So then if you say that Christ was in existence before being born of Mary then where is that proof. It was told that he was to come and from where he would come but not that he had already existed. Maybe you need to pray and study some more.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Why do you spew hate about Ronald Weinland? So what if he isn't a witness. The man still preaches the truth about God. So, do you not like him because he claims to be a witness, or because of the truth he preaches about the gospel. There are very few Churches that preach the truth about God, and they don't include Catholic, Baptist, Nazarene, Pentecostal, or any of the so called traditional Christian Churches. Regardless if Weinland is a witness or not, the truth is still the truth and you cannot deny that.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Hey JD!

Good job debunking this charlatan!

I saw his book about 2008 online and downloaded it not knowing anything about him. I then did a little research and saw he was a fraud. Glad I did before I wasted any time reading his book. I found an entire website which is devoted to exposing his heresy:

Weinland Watch

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It is now Dec 18th and still nothing has happened regarding Ronald Weinland's new timeline of the first trumpet of death and destruction starting on the 14th of December. There are only twelve days left in the year 2008.
So much for Ronald Weinland's 2008 GFW.

He has earned the position of False Prophet of the Year
Jack Said

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't know if Ronald Weiland is a false prophet, but if what you are saying is true, I hope that everyone who reads is right with God. I beleive that noone can predict when God will put an end to this world. Accepting that Jesus Christ is the son of God and living by his 10 commandments is the only thing anyone should be doing, not making judgement on anyone. Just beleive that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins, and appreciate and love that. No one person is perfect, but I beleive if you repent for your sins you will be forgiven. Yes, there will be false prophets, but as long as you beleive in Jesus Christ and God our Father, God will accept you into his New Kingdom. Live by the words in the Holy Bible.(Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) Just a saying!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I came home from work today to find that my sweet wife had ordered this book for me. (2008, God's Final Witness). She's alway looking for free things and this book was 100% free. The book looks nice and has a nice picture. I even approved of the caption on the front.

The prophesied end-time reveals the demise of the United States and the beginning of man's final war.

So far so good. Then I opened the book and started reading through it. I just sort of skimmed through it mind you. What I saw was quite disturbing. I read that
  • Jesus was just another man that did not exist with God before the Earth was made.
  • There is no Hell. You just get snuffed out when you die.
  • Jesus only died for 144,000
  • Humans will be a God just like God

The list of questionable teachings are too many to name. It's a mixture of half-truths that sound good until you look closely at the exact text. Also I couldn't get over the almost pompous attitude that Ronal Weinland has. He's God's gift to God and he's not afraid to tell you that. It seems he's personally responsible for the timing of at least one of the Seven Thunders spoken of in Revelation.

I really wanted to hear what this guy had to say, but found his teaching to be out of alignment with the Bible. I felt much better when I read the last page of his book

By the fall of 2008, the United States will have collapsed as a world power, or it will have begun its collapse and no longer exist as an independent nation within six months after that time. There is a marginal six month window of time that God has not yet revealed concerning this specific moment of time. This will be revealed some time soon after the distribution of this book.

So there you have it. He's one of those false prophets that Jesus warned about. I don't think he read the warning in Revelation about adding to the book.

Even though he gave himself six months wiggle room. I don't see his prediction coming to pass. It must have taken guts to stick his neck out there like that. Still he's wrong. I'll put this book on the shelf with 88 Reasons Why the Rapture will Happen in 1988.

EDIT: I found this gem on YouTube. The guy is an atheist and doesn't even bother getting into the bad doctrine yet still manages to pick the book apart.

Watch Ron Weinland squirm over at his site if you wish. He posted a blog entry on Dec. 13, 2008. This uncomfortable place he's in is of his own making.

www.ronaldweinland.com...

You can order his book if you wish, or just read the online version.

www.the-end.com...

He's not trying to make money on this. Poor guy probably has a great heart, but he's just misguided.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by dbates]

• top topics

<<   2 >>

join