It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, I Admit It, ATS I Need Your Help

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

S4G,
I followed that link. Thanks, I was intending to look that up. I don't think major-depressive-disorder fits me, but the anxiety, might. I have moments of sadness or regrets, but not for the length of time that they mention.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
dAlen,
That is very profound. Thank you.
I will look into your thread. Do you have a link?

Well Im happy if you were able to get something out of it.
I dont have any thread per-say. Again, its like a grand puzzle, I suppose if anything my blog (link at bottom) or other threads at ATS I have posted at would show pieces of the puzzle that may seem similar to what your going through...perhaps.

We all walk the path, and leave behind signs to fellow travelers.
No one has the upper hand on his fellow man or can claim to be their divine, that is but a trap of the ego. No, we all share in the same struggles and joys and leave signs to show that we have been there to.

But the path, in itself, is each persons, and the joy in that cannot be taken away even by those devoted to conforming someone else path to their own.

not sure what logic this post makes...but it makes sense to me, and I enjoyed writing it so I suppose thats the point.

note:
It is easy to cast and throw a label at anything. Or to say someone is "this" or "That".
We like to label everything except for "it is what it is". Giving it the freedom (as Bruce Lee said) to be the water.

The water conforms to any situation and cannot be defined. And it beats at the rock until the rock conforms to the shape that water so chooses to make it.

Whenever someone starts saying that you may have this or that...doesnt matter.
You are not "a problem" or even a "victory" associated with you.

God had it right when he told Moses, "I am that I am".
Or, "dude, Moses, I am whatever I feel like being, why do these people need to put a box around that which cant be known?"

And being made in the image of God, I would say that goes for us to.

Best to you on your journey.

p.s.
I wanted to say that like Eckhart was saying, its easy to get caught up in stories.
"I am sick" and the doctors say, "you are indeed sick"

It feeds the false self as Christians would say, or ego for everyone else.
Dont feed the ego and choose your destiny!

[edit on 28-2-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Hi,

With regards to your dreams have you tried creating a "trigger" to help you remember them, its usually these "triggers" that help us remember dreams from long ago.

Next time you wake up, if you only remember part of the dream, take a key word from that dream and remember it, then try repeating that word later on in the day and see if it helps you to recall what you dreamt. You may have to practise this for a while before it starts to work. I use this method to remember my dreams, and can sometimes recall a dream much later in the day or even a few days afterwards.

As for the dreams themselves, they could be part of lucid dreaming or just very vivid dreams which can occur at times of stress / conflict in our real world lives. I myself experienced a very vivid dream recently, this was due to conflict between my logical and spiritual beliefs plus issues with family events.

If you do manage to remember what you dreamt go to the dream forum to get them analysed, Im a Marty did this for me on his wifes thread, this helped alot with the vivid dream I had. This may also help you find some answers..

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

Yes, your words make a lot of sense to me. And I appreciate the time you have taken to share them with me and others. Have you ever thought about being a writer?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Thanks John Q,
Again, great suggestions.

Note: You guys have so many great suggestions here, that I've decided to print them off, so that I can remember them. Unless there is some policy against that.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Moment of Reflection:

If someone is entering my apartment, I think I would have to rule out 'the ex.' Because these type things didn't start happening until I moved to this location. I recall that a man stopped in, on the evening that I moved in here. He introduced himself, only as J.D. Then he did the strangest thing. He went over and turned my heater thermostat on and left. I remember wondering, "Now why would he do that?" we had the door open trying to move things in, and it was a warm evening.
The bench-seat that was pulled out, sits in front of the thermostat, but you don't need to move the bench to reach it.

It's great the way you folks have got me to look back on things. Seems I have had tunnel-vision where the ex was concerned. Not saying that the JD guy is the culprit, either. But it expands the possibilities.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just remembered another point someone brought up about the diet soda. I don't drink it for dietary purposes. I prefer it's taste. I do not like sugar in my beverages. Doesn't seem to quench my thirst, and I hate water.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
ever think of maybe getting a voice activated recorder? Place it near your bed in case you talk in your sleep and say something that will help you remember your dreams? Could also be very usefull to help detect if someone is "sneaking in" while you are away as the recorder turns on when noise is occuring and turns off after so many seconds of silence.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by drift393
ever think of maybe getting a voice activated recorder? Place it near your bed in case you talk in your sleep and say something that will help you remember your dreams? Could also be very usefull to help detect if someone is "sneaking in" while you are away as the recorder turns on when noise is occuring and turns off after so many seconds of silence.

Someone else mentioned a recorder by the bed, so that I could immediately turn it on and start recounting the dream. I was going to pick one up tomorrow. Hadn't thought of voice-activated, but that might be a good idea for several reasons. Thanks.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i agree to the few of the people here that say you need to be conscious of your dreams but i myself know that at times that is extremely difficult i remember one dream i was in, i forget what it was about, i figured out somehow that it was a dream and felt the need to wake up mainly because i wanted to confirm that it was a dream it took a lot of my will power. its like trying to lift up something very heavy, i did end up moving a little but like i said it was EXTREMELY difficult, but i digress

A trick i noticed to check whether its a dream is that there is always a sense of darkness to wherever you're at, i mean you can tell whats there but its like there are spots missing almost, its at that point where you can pause and observe you're surroundings and try to lock in the information the dream is presenting you.

also i know your frustration when you cant remember what you where thinking about. many times i let my mind wander and by doing so i would assume i enter a state of subconsciousness and just think about what ever
and more than once I've somehow gotten to the subject of our existence and the meaning of life (not trying to seem like i think about that a lot its just as i think about things i end up veering towards the subject) and as soon as i am about to figure something out my train of thought spontaneously explodes! when that happens i get SO frustrated i literally said out loud even when i was with friends ARRRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
and when i try to retrace my steps i cant remember its like trying to hold running water in your hands so you're not alone when it comes to forgetting something enlightening

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Sizzle, I've been wondering where you were. Now I see. I think we need to talk some more. Do you remember my email addy? U2U me and we'll get to work.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker
Sizzle, I've been wondering where you were. Now I see. I think we need to talk some more. Do you remember my email addy? U2U me and we'll get to work.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Please feel free to U2U me at anytime. Will look forward to hearing from you.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

S4G,
I followed that link. Thanks, I was intending to look that up. I don't think major-depressive-disorder fits me, but the anxiety, might. I have moments of sadness or regrets, but not for the length of time that they mention.

Good deal, also good to know what's going into the body, the effects and warning signs. It's interesting, I take one Benedryl and I'm asleep for more than 24 hours. My sig. other could take two and work through the day.

Sound activated/hidden video recorder was a great idea. Smart move to keep footnotes like JD's actions as well. Sometimes these are pieces to a bigger puzzle. Most extroverted people would have stopped and asked, "What are you doing?" but I'm one of those people who would curiously watch instead if there was no immediate danger.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

S4G,
I get the feeling that you have experienced a great deal of 'interesting' things in your life. Please feel free to post them here if you think they will help, and of course you are welcome to u2u me at any time. Thanks.

Btw: I had been taking benadryl for the last little while because high winds in the area have kicked up a lot of allergens and pollens. It knocks me deader than a doornail.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

S4G,
I get the feeling that you have experienced a great deal of 'interesting' things in your life. Please feel free to post them here if you think they will help,

Cool, thanks. I haven't experience everything of course, but am glad to talk about the things I have to those interesting in hearing.

and of course you are welcome to u2u me at any time. Thanks.

Will do. I tend to ask others to U2U me first because I get a lot more positive response, but if its welcomed I can surely initiate.

Btw: I had been taking benadryl for the last little while because high winds in the area have kicked up a lot of allergens and pollens. It knocks me deader than a doornail.

Aha! Something I do know a bit about

For years growing up I would get sick between 1-4 weeks at a time. My 5th grade year I did most of my schoolwork at home. Doctors would suggest Alleract (like Benedryl) to which I'd get the same cycle - I'd clear up, get light-headed, then sleep for a day or two. After that I seemed to be fine. Turns out Anti-hystamines and hystamine blockers have that effect. Still, no one knew a cause.

In my mid-twenties, I got success. After finding a very good doctor, I was specific in my detail. (roughly quoting here) "From January to March I get sick for at least a week..." He checked my sinuses said he knew the exact reason. "You're allergic to dust (rather the mites inside the dust). It's the most common allergy. In the winter, you have less exposure to circulating fresh air in your house. Dust count goes up from January to March because these are the months after people close up their houses. Also, relative humidity drops. Sinuses dry up, dust gets in and causes an acute sinus infection which feels like a severe cold or flu."

Then comes the solution, "Use Ocean nasal spray (water + saline solution, nothing but saltwater) when there's irritation to kill bacteria and provoke a thinning of the mucus. Use a warm-mist humidifier to keep relative humidity up to prevent sinuses from drying and cracking (needs to be cleaned with vinegar once a week). Open your house up once a week or so for a little bit to let air circulate. Dust often with a damp cloth (Lysol wipes actually kill bacteria), wear a dustmask when doing so. Dustmask is your friend when emptying the vacuum cleaner or digging into the areas of the home that don't get much attention. Drink plenty of fluids." Can I tell you how little I've gotten sick since? It's been about three years since I've gone to the doctor. When I do get rarely sick, I follow these to hedge the severity and am better within a few hours.

High winds strip relative humity, even inside the house. Wear a scarf around your nose and mouth outside on windy days to keep the wind from stripping throat and sinuses. You can monitor it on www.weather.com... or with a Honeywell Relative Humidity measuring device. Running the heater also dries the air. Running the air-conditioner in summer has the same effect. Hot air holds moisture better than cold air. Chicken soup and/or tea is great, expecially when you inhale the steam before eating it. Hot showers have an even better effect.

Check the pets. I'm allergic to some cats. Dogs I'm fine with, guinea pigs, rabbits, but some cats have me feeling like I have the flu. Keep dander low by grooming. If you have a litter box, try to find a means of controlling the dust coming from it.

Hope this helps!

[edit on 29-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

S4God,
You are virtually a walking encyclopedia!
If you don't mind, I'm going to print off these
suggestions, and list you as 'Friend.' Okay?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

S4God,
You are virtually a walking encyclopedia!

Either that or I used to have a lot of allergy problems in the past that made it my mission to study
. My mother-in-law knows almost as much as a doctor when it comes to shoulder surgery. It all comes down to what we're exposed to and determined to learn I think.

If you don't mind, I'm going to print off these
suggestions, and list you as 'Friend.' Okay?

By all means! The freedom to help one another is greater than any other.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I know that we are not supposed to simply reply with, "I agree," but I do. I have found many instances that this was true in my life.
For instance; I set my heart on finding certain things that the Bible, nor any other books are very clear on. That's when I started having the 'dream/visions.'

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I know that we are not supposed to simply reply with, "I agree," but I do.

This is ATS, you're not allowed to agree here!
Hundred point dediction for not insisting you're the only who is right.

I have found many instances that this was true in my life.
For instance; I set my heart on finding certain things that the Bible, nor any other books are very clear on. That's when I started having the 'dream/visions.'

This makes sense. What's unclear on the Bible?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I would be glad to respond to that in U2U.
Don't want to turn this into a religious debate. Lol!

But there are many things that I find unclear. Some things, I have found the answers to. Seems like certain things are revealed to you when you are ready to receive them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join