It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Dean To End Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Following the close race between Kerry and Edwards for Wisconsin, Dean traveled back to Vermont today, Wednesday, February 18th, to announce his plans to quit the campaign. He plans, however, to remain on the ballot, and continue the race.

www.CNN.com
"After a disappointing third-place showing in the Wisconsin primary, former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean plans to suspend his presidential campaign on Wednesday, a Dean official told CNN.

Dean will leave his name on the ballot but "the campaign, as we have known it for the past 14 months, will cease to exist," the aide said."

By deciding to remain on the ballot, Dean shows his resolve to serve himself, not the Democratic party. His shots at the presidency are nil at the moment and, barring an amazing come back on 'Super Tuesday', will stay that way. He can now only take delegate votes away from other candidates, such as Edwards, who might have otherwise still had a chance. It is with this that Dean's immaturity and selfishness once again show themselves.

This coming Tuesday, the 24th, will be for Hawaii, Idaho, and Utah. The following Tuesday, March 2nd, better known as 'Super Tuesday', showcases California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont, Georgia, and Minnesota.

Dean will make his announcement at 1 p.m. today

Kerry Wins Wisconsin...BARELY!

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wa wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SEE YA DEAN!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What he's proposing though is AMAZING.

It won't be known as Dean for America, but he's proposing a new group to spawn from his campaign to serve as a counter balance to both the Democratic Leadership Comittee (DLC - Lieberman/Clintons CONSERVATIVES) and MoveOn.org (Radical LEFT).

The main focus will be raising GRASSROOTS money for little guys all over America to run for seats WITHOUT taking money from ANY special interest. This could be the beginning of something huge.

Go Dr. Dean.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Good point RANT.

As to the campaign run though...is it a confirmed fact yet that stock in Kleenex rose almost 3+/- points today? Geez, thats alot of tissue usage.....

BTW, where are all those Dean-'hawks' at on this board?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Crying most likely.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Originally posted by Seekerof

Crying most likely.

Yes, Yes i am.

Well, he did get college students motivated and ready for the election, perhaps the democratic saving grace.

He fought the good fight and he lost, but he tried and every hand shook was a hand shook for the Great Democratic Party.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I didn't like Dean, but he did play a very important part in this race. He shook things up and helped the other candidates grow some metaphorical balls.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
He and Joe Trippi will both have successful careers as pundits for years to come. They'll outlive Gore.

There's already talk of Dean joining the Liberal Radio Network as a talk show host. He'd rock... YEEEEOOOOW!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
He and Joe Trippi will both have successful careers as pundits for years to come. They'll outlive Gore.

There's already talk of Dean joining the Liberal Radio Network as a talk show host. He'd rock... YEEEEOOOOW!

Dean for House?
Dean for Senate?

Who has the breakdown of which party controls which state?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Dean's candidacy sparked th beginning of the end for the Bush administration. The proof?
Voter turnout numbers were up near 100% everywhere, over 2000.
That leaves the opposite to be answered: Has Bush enamoured the GOP base with his delivery, or lack there of, on 2000 promises to generate anywhere near a 100% increase in voter turn out over last time!?! Do you think they'd get near an equel turnout to 2000?
No & no.
Kerry sounds like Dean these days - and sounding like Dean while carrying enough pocket mney to spend on par with Bush, well, it's his to lose.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't care much for Dean, but I am all about anything to get people off their lazy asses and get involved in politics or at the very least VOTE.

I find that there is a great number of people who think that the government has nothing to do with them and that voting is unimportant.

They make me mad. I just want to shake the # out of them.

top topics

join