It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch out for people carrying coffee cans!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
According to Northeast intelligence Network who is monitoring web post and forums used by al Qa'ida sympathisers they are now posting explicit details on how to build cyanide bombs made of chemicals you can purchase at the local wal-mart and then use in a similar fashion as one would toss a molotov cocktail.

www.homelandsecurityus.com...
The directions say to throw the darned thing and when it hits the ground the glass will break, and the chemicals will mix, triggering the reaction that produces the poson gas

Since the document specifies the use of a 2 kilogram coffee can or a milk can, we do urge our readers to be on the lookout for anything meeting this description.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
thats absurd, from Wal-Mart? id be scared if i didnt no better. i no better.
pity i cant read the damn thing, thatd be awesome. not the cyanide bit, but what u cud do with it, such as make explosives!

ignore me, i like fire.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I be on the lookout for old ladies with Folgers cans (wink).

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That's just nuts.
Scary, really.
Scary that people are going to look at this like the whole duct tape thing.

you haven't seen SkepticOverlord's avatar lately, have you?
edit- oops, he changed it.

BG

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by beergoggles]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So if a person is seen on the sidewalk of a major city carrying a coffee can or a milk jug one should do what???

Run like hell?

Any attempt to disarm the Coffee-Can Terrorist might result in a dropped can and the subsequent release of toxins....

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Note to self: Avoid coffee isle at Shoprite.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I thought there would be some humorous answers to this post, the one about SOs avatar left me LMAO

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just so you know, there are tons of explosives, and bio agents one can make from ordinary household items, were one so inclined...just read the Anarchist's Cookbook...or the little CIA Black Book....

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Just so you know, there are tons of explosives, and bio agents one can make from ordinary household items, were one so inclined...just read the Anarchist's Cookbook...or the little CIA Black Book....

those sounds a little less treasonous than this AQ book.
are these commerically available? i assume the CIA one aint, but the anarachy...

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
so theyre trying to educate the people on potential threats.... and u lot are rippin the piss outta them.

fan-fckin-tastic.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Just go to your local farmers market

DISCLAIMER---LINKS ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY--
"Cyanide is commonly thought of as a gas, but you also can be poisoned by it if you ingest wild cherry syrup, prussic acid, bitter almond oil, or large amounts of apricot pits. Cherry seeds, peach and plum pits, corn, chickpeas, cashews, and some other fruits and vegetables contain cyanogenic (i.e., cyanide-forming) glycosides (such as amygdalin) that release hydrogen cyanide when chewed or digested. As a result, some cyanide can also be found in fruit jams that contain these pit and pip extracts, such as quince. However, since the concentration of cyanide in these compounds is small, accidental cyanide poisoning from a food source is rare. But, if the correct materials are deliberately concentrated it can make an effective poison, as the Romans and Egyptians knew. They used to grind up peach kernels to make poisons."

www.ch.ic.ac.uk...

isuisse.ifrance.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
so theyre trying to educate the people on potential threats.... and u lot are rippin the piss outta them.

fan-fckin-tastic.

were rippin the piss outta it cuz its hilarious to think of coffee bombs.

and, so yeah, we shudnt sell fruit! how many cherry pits wud u have to grind to get a good man solidly dead?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
and, so yeah, we shudnt sell fruit! how many cherry pits wud u have to grind to get a good man solidly dead?

I wasn't implying that it is easy...but it could be done, using available materials...
Got a dog? Go pour bleach on top of his favorite pee spot...see that gas? Chlorine Gas...deadly stuff man...
And no I am not implying that we watch for people carrying bleach bottles and walking their dog. Most people are not aware of the small chemical arsenal they have under their own kitchen sink

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
Got a dog? Go pour bleach on top of his favorite pee spot...see that gas? Chlorine Gas...deadly stuff man...

tell me that works with human urine as well. does it?!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

tell me that works with human urine as well. does it?!

Ammonia is ammonia my friend....Read the warnings on bathroom and kitchen cleaners that conatain ammonia..big bold letters DO NOT COMBINE WITH BLEACH products...
*WARNING*
Chlorine gas in sufficient quanity WILL pass your butt out, and burn your lungs.

"Chlorine gas is a pulmonary irritant with intermediate water solubility that causes acute damage in the upper and lower respiratory tract"
www.emedicine.com...

www.google.com...

And no offense...but anything else..look it up....
cause
USA PATRIOT ACT
Sec. 201. Authority to intercept wire, oral, and electronic communications relating to terrorism.

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
oh god oh god i love u!
maybe i shud read labels more often. or at least clean my bathroom

top topics

join