It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Video!!! Preventing Infant Drowning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm floored! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING....

This is a must see!

For all those parents with toddlers, you might want to start their swimming lessons off early.

I, personally advocate that children learn how to swim from an early age.

"An ounce of prevention..."

Infant prevents its own drowning

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
this reminds me of another incident when my lad was small.

He had always swam with floaties... well this day, all the big kids go running into the water and he does too. I hadn't put his floaties on and sure enough, jumped in and sank. I pulled him out and he was coughing and spluttering. Totally thought he could do the same as what the big kids had done.

He also didn't know that he couldnt float without the floaties so after that, I was concerned about the use of them.

Lucky I was right there. Well of course I would be but could have been tragic.

I wonder how many kids using floaties know that the floaties are why they don't sink?

Just wonder too, how many parents think they need to tell the child that they won't float without wearing them?

It is a hard one, my Son at that time, was just learning to talk...so very risky using them, hard to explain what the floaties do.

so yes, swimming lessons at an early age is much better!

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would suppose that infants would somehow, subconsciously 'remember' their amneotic stage in the womb, and initially feel confortable in a watery enviroment.

To be able to train our children at such a young age!

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow, that is definitely amazing. That the baby could roll to his back, remain calm but still make noise to alert people...just awesome! He floats better than me!
What a great reminder how important swimming lessons can be, and show parents that it's NEVER too early to start them

Michelle

top topics

join