It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Calendar: The 5th Night, March/April 2008

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
LW, I am not surprised that the University of Vienna have not layed down their discoveries. I cannot throw a link down with all the information about what I've told you on Quantum Mechanics, there are simply just too many puzzle pieces, but David Wilcock has a few of these pieces put together in one of his videos.

About David Wilcock, now I can spot a fake promoter just trying to make profit when I see one, and David really just cares about getting the information out there. He even makes a few statements about people who have tried convincing him about something and just knew if they were lying or not. David has a Bachelors in Psychology and has a very strong psyche, maybe that is why he can separate the real from the fake. I find him to be a very sincere person.

Keep this in mind, he reads hundreds of books on science and i'm sure he's done his math with Quantum Mechanics. Everything he explains is very vivid in detail and he even gives you the names of the people he has done work with; he only wants the word out. You've got to open up your heart to his words, and not just your ears.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by xnibirux]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xnibirux
About David Wilcock, now I can spot a fake promoter just trying to make profit when I see one, and David really just cares about getting the information out there. He even makes a few statements about people who have tried convincing him about something and just knew if they were lying or not. David has a Bachelors in Psychology and has a very strong psyche, maybe that is why he can separate the real from the fake. I find him to be a very sincere person.

Keep this in mind, he reads hundreds of books on science and i'm sure he's done his math with Quantum Mechanics. Everything he explains is very vivid in detail and he even gives you the names of the people he has done work with; he only wants the word out. You've got to open up your heart to his words, and not just your ears.

Thanks Xinibrux. I don't wish to denegrate your opinion of the man or of his theories. I'm afraid I simply don't agree. A BA in Psychology does not a psychic make. It doesn't make him a prophet. If anything it makes him good at knowing how other people's minds work - and I'm afraid that's exactly what I think he's exploiting - not his powers to predict the future, but his powers to make people think he can.

I don't believe he only wants the word out. I believe he wants to make a lot of money.

I've enjoyed debating this topic with you - but we seem to have reached an impasse, in that I don't expect to change your opinion and it ought to be pretty clear that you aren't going to change mine. So it goes. It would be interesting to revisit the topic in five years if we're both still on the boards! Though something tells me we will lock swords again before then...

LW

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hey xnibirux, I think I've watched these videos before and what I got was that the 5th day was on Nov. 23rd '06 and the 5th night was on Nov. 18 '07. Also the end of the 9th cycle is on Oct 28 2011. Is there someplace that shows the approximate dates for the days/nights on the current and next cycle?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
Hey xnibirux, I think I've watched these videos before and what I got was that the 5th day was on Nov. 23rd '06 and the 5th night was on Nov. 18 '07. Also the end of the 9th cycle is on Oct 28 2011. Is there someplace that shows the approximate dates for the days/nights on the current and next cycle?

You should be able to locate that information at mayanmajix.com

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xnibiruxFirst answer: Exacty that! The 5th night those many years ago spanned 10 million years. There is no specific date, just a specific time period of the mayan calendar.

They didn't believe in "millions of years ago." Their belief (shown in many places) was that the world was only a few thousand years ago and their calendar marked the start of time. They had no "days" which represented "months" or "years" or "cycles". And they had no number for either millions or billions.
en.wikipedia.org...

There's no belief in a "5th night" found anywhere in the Mayan inscriptions. There's a "5th world" in the Aztecs, but that's not the same:
www.plu.edu...

Search scholar.google.com... for translations and you'll see that this is so. Whoever the originator of the "5th night" is, they're kit-bashing it with a lot of other non-Mayan beliefs as well.

Remember: go to the original sources; the original translations of the codexes and the stones. Don't just believe what someone puts up on a web page.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
xNibiruX i just gotta say your quite the fighter, a lot of people had condescending degrading tones in disproving you, but you replied saying you dont have to belive me and always stuck a smily at the end of your posts. So i just wanted to comende your tolerance i was waiting for an aggresive counter condescending tone to come out of you and it didnt

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LetsTouch

So your commenting on his behavior towards others, but completely ignore the fact that time itself has completely debunked the basis of his post.

Mayan Calendar: The 5th Night, March/April 2008

Has something happened and we are unaware?

Another one bites the dust.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
One of the key points for success in fringe promotion is to NEVER EVER put down a testable idea, actual date or data that can be confirmed one way or the other.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Food is becoming scarce and the american dollar is getting closer to zero worth. This is all very unfortunate, food scarcity has been the worst in the months of March and April and it isn't getting any better.

I believe these to be the key events in the current mayan baktun.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The Maya had no particular skill at predicting the future. They missed there own civilizations collapse and later conquering by the other Meso-Americans and finally the Spanish AND second class treatment by the Mexican elite.

If you haven't done so, try reading about the Caste War of Yucatán 1846-1900. It'll give you an appreciation of the lack of predictive power of the ancient Maya

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Im not referring to any predictions, just our position in the current mayan baktun and the current stance of our paradigm.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"the Mayan Baktun"

Means what then if not prediction? Why do you consider there time keeping system to be valid in todays world?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

A mayan baktun is simply a 'segment' of cycles
;cycles of 'order from chaos'.

What do you mean by "today's world"? The months and seasons we follow by the 12 zodiacs in the night sky?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Howdy xnibirux

Sorry I'm not getting what you're trying to get across????

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I was simply questioning the intentions of your last reply, and clarifying that a mayan baktun is part of a cycle, not a prediction.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Okay, that is clearer! Thanks

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xnibirux
A Houston prophet, who calls himself The Ancient One, was interviewed by Charles Snider and claimed that there will be no 2008 election. Could this have any relation to the upcoming 5th night? Put the pieces together like I have and you will find this quite intriguing.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by xnibirux]

hmmm.....did The Ancient One specifically say the american election? because the election in zimbabwe was in march/april and that finished with no real outcome......and it think i read somewhere the re-vote could take up to a year to organise meaning there will be no Zimbabwean election in 2008....

Also i think Hanslume was trying to say that if you are not referring to predictions, just the actual calendar, then what relevance does the baktun cycle have on todays events if they do not predict anything and are just repeated time measuements?

[edit on 9-5-2008 by owzitgarn]

[edit on 9-5-2008 by owzitgarn]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by owzitgarn

American election, but much will happen at that same scale level across the earth.

In cycles, there are many turns of events. It is an ending of an age, the modern Dark Ages, and the beginning of a new one, the Golden Age

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Howdy xnibirux

So can you give us a timeline or benchmark a key event to allow us to know whether your statements/observations are correct?

Lots and lots of people are saying lots and lots of stuff about the Maya and 2012. They cannot all be right....

So how to separate the wheat from the chaff?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Hello Hanslune, much is happening right before our very eyes and by every years pass, time will be forgotten.

The coming hurricane seasons are to be prepared for

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join