It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Calendar: The 5th Night, March/April 2008

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
March/April of 2008 is the 5th night of the Mayan Calendar translated from our very own Gregorian Calendar. Every 5th night through the evolutions of the Mayan Calendar, extraordinary events have occurred from large scale to small scale, 1st were the meteors during the time of the dinosaurs(worldwide), evolutions later on the 5th night was the Fall of The Roman Empire(smaller scale), then the Fall of The Tower of Babel[even smaller scale, civilization that wanted Heaven w/o a God(sound familiar?)]. What could be next?(modern Heaven w/o a God would be equivalent to 'Money'; could the next smaller scale 5th night be the end of economic slavery? The 5th night is approaching. A Houston prophet, who calls himself The Ancient One, was interviewed by Charles Snider and claimed that there will be no 2008 election. Could this have any relation to the upcoming 5th night? Put the pieces together like I have and you will find this quite intriguing.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by xnibirux]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Considering that we don't have exact dates for the meteor extinction of the dinosaurs, the collapse of the Tower of Babel or the fall of the Roman Empire, how can you relate it to a calendar of any kind?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naboo the Enigma
Considering that we don't have exact dates for the meteor extinction of the dinosaurs, the collapse of the Tower of Babel or the fall of the Roman Empire, how can you relate it to a calendar of any kind?

The Mayan Calendar has what is called 13-baktun, 6 days and 7 nights. The Mayans were quite advanced, they knew of a great cleansing of earth millions of years ago, and they know of the great cleansing to come. Each day/night of the Mayan Calendar has a time period range. That range was much more large scale than it is today, for example, during the time of cellular evolution each baktun ranged billions of years each, the next evolution millions, etc. Evolution has been speeding up through time, and the current time range is only about 6 months per baktun, so we do not know the exact dates, but we do know that these events occurred during the 5th night of the Mayan Calendar because millions of years ago the 5th night was much longer than it is today. Today, the 5th night being much shorter and on a smaller time scale makes it much easier for experts to determine an exact date for the next 5th night. One of those experts, Ian X. Lungold, is someone who actually has an interest in the Mayan Calendar and the Mayans, someone who has dedicated his life to this and didn't just pass it off as a fluke. There are still some population of Mayans that are living today and he spends much time living with them and studying their culture and their calendar. If you want to find out more go to youtube and search for 'Mayan Calendar Explained'. Everything you need to know is there, including information on a book that Ian has written about his translation of the Mayan Calendar to ours.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thank you for the explanation. I am still dubious (especially the bit about evolution accelerating), but I shall conduct some research.

Edited to add: Has anything happened on the last couple of 5th nights?

[edit on 27/2/08 by Naboo the Enigma]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A baktun lasts 395 years, has always lasted 395 years and always will last 395 years. We haven't even reached the 13th Baktun of the Mayan calendar yet and there are 20 in a full cycle. Please do some real research on the subject.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
A baktun lasts 395 years, has always lasted 395 years and always will last 395 years. We haven't even reached the 13th Baktun of the Mayan calendar yet and there are 20 in a full cycle. Please do some real research on the subject.

You're right, we haven't reached the 13th baktun............. within our current evolution that is; we haven't even reached the 6th baktun yet. We are now within the 5th day of our evolution. To fully understand what I mean please watch the 'Mayan Calendar Explained' series located on youtube: search 'Mayan Calendar Explained', it is clearly stated that evolution has always been speeding up and the baktuns are shorter than they were 10 years ago(as the Mayan Calendar being translated to ours, the Gregorian Calendar), which is why dinosaurs have lived for millions of years, and we haven't (this coming from someone who has dedicated their life to studying and translating the Mayan Calendar). Note: You should also read the 3rd post(my 2nd) of this thread, it explains some details on this.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by xnibirux]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xnibirux
March/April of 2008 is the 5th night of the Mayan Calendar translated from our very own Gregorian Calendar. Every 5th night through the evolutions of the Mayan Calendar, extraordinary events have occurred from large scale to small scale, 1st were the meteors during the time of the dinosaurs(worldwide), evolutions later on the 5th night was the Fall of The Roman Empire(smaller scale), then the Fall of The Tower of Babel[even smaller scale, civilization that wanted Heaven w/o a God(sound familiar?)].

Not only is there no evidence at all for the "tower of Babel," there is no way on Earth that the date for a mythical building's destruction can be determined.

Harte

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Not only is there no evidence at all for the "tower of Babel," there is no way on Earth that the date for a mythical building's destruction can be determined.

Harte

To Harte:

You're right, there was no specific date for the fall of the Tower of Babel, but we do know it was during the 5th night of the Mayan Calendar; remember this: The range of time that a 5th night lasted much longer than a 5th night would last now, therefore it is quite difficult to determine a date other than it occurred during the 5th night. Today, the reason it is easier to determine that the 5th night is March/April of 2008 is because the range of time between the 5th and 6th day is much shorter than it was during the time the tower fell. If you do not understand what I mean: Search 'Mayan Calendar Explained' on youtube to get a better understanding.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
We're coming to the end of the 12th Baktun right now, the dreaded December 21, 2012 date. Please don't ask me to watch a video so that I'll be magically enlightened and come to believe that time is speeding up and the Mayans kept dates 150 million years ago, unless YOU are prepared to do some simple research on the Mesoamerican long count calendar and learn the start date, end date and units of measurement used by the Mayans themselves.

Because of threads like this, I've deleted my subscriptions to every forum on this board except Space Exploration, Ancient Civilizations and Breaking News, but you still managed to post this in one of the few places I should be able to avoid this kind of posting. 'Skunkworks' exists for making speculative postings but to be honest I'm not even sure it belongs there, because there's a difference between having no supporting evidence and completely ignoring established facts.

ATS was once the most respected alternative discussion site on the Internet because of the depth of knowledge and critical thinking applied to every topic, but the volume of low quality, poorly researched 'fantasy' posts has overwhelmed any intelligent discussion and what's left looks just like the sites we eclipsed years ago. :shk:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

To Harte:

You're right, there was no specific date for the fall of the Tower of Babel, but we do know it was during the 5th night of the Mayan Calendar;

So we have no idea whether the tower of babel was real, and no idea of the time frame for the fall of the tower but we do know it was in the 5th night of the Mayan calendar. Yeah you sold me right there.

If you have ideas that you can't back up by facts and evidence you'd be much better off saying something like "we don't know when or if this happened, but it's my belief based on some youtube video that ....." Too many people on this board try to pass their personal beliefs off as facts.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leprekahn

So we have no idea whether the tower of babel was real, and no idea of the time frame for the fall of the tower but we do know it was in the 5th night of the Mayan calendar. Yeah you sold me right there.

If you have ideas that you can't back up by facts and evidence you'd be much better off saying something like "we don't know when or if this happened, but it's my belief based on some youtube video that ....." Too many people on this board try to pass their personal beliefs off as facts.

FYI it isn't just some video on youtube, it is a video of someone who has spent his life studying the Mayan Calendar, translating it to ours and then writing a book about it. I wouldn't just be pointing you in the direction of his videos for no reason.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

1st were the meteors during the time of the dinosaurs(worldwide),

What date are you giving to this "event"? As I understand it, the extinction of the dinosaurs occured approximately 66.5 million years ago - there's a pretty massive margin for error. What relation does it have to an arbitrary occasion on a calendar? How do you demonstrate the link?

Fall of The Roman Empire(smaller scale),

The fall of the Roman empire was not an event but a process that took place over a relatively long period of time. What relation does it have to an arbitrary occasion on a calendar? How do you demonstrate the link?

then the Fall of The Tower of Babel[even smaller scale, civilization that wanted Heaven w/o a God(sound familiar?)].

The Tower of Babel is a biblical concept probably based on a myth from Sumerian tradition. If it existed at all, and isn't just a metaphor, we have no evidence for any date for its passing. What relation does it have to an arbitrary occasion on a calendar? How can you possibly say it occured at any time when we don't know for sure it existed, or where, or when?

What about all the cataclysmic events that have happened on the earth that didn't occur on the "5th night"?

What evidence do we have that the Mayans could predict their way out of a wet paper bag?

The key proponent of these theories linking Mayan calendars to real history is Jose Arguelles - correct? Jose Arguelles (google him, you can't miss the guy) has been debunked and his theories proved to be nonsense. No serious scholar of Mayan civilization gives any credence to his ideas at all, principally because they are based on flawed study - his interpretation of the calendar is demonstrably incorrect. For heaven's sake, he forgot to include leap years...

A Houston prophet, who calls himself The Ancient One, was interviewed by Charles Snider and claimed that there will be no 2008 election.

Aside from his self-appelation, which I have to say I don't find encouraging - since you didn't provide the link to this interview - what does "The Ancient One" back his authority up with, exactly? I looked up The Ancient One on wikipedia and it told me he was a fictional character in the Marvel Comics universe... the mentor of Doctor Strange. Is this the same guy?

One last question. If I call myself "The Really Ancient One", and tell you this is all nonsense, will you believe me?

LW

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel

What date are you giving to this "event"? As I understand it, the extinction of the dinosaurs occured approximately 66.5 million years ago - there's a pretty massive margin for error.

If you recall me saying, the 5th night, during the time of the dinosaurs, ranged millions of years, so there is no date; the 5th night is not a date, but somewhat of era type time period, particularly during the age of the dinosaurs. The current days and nights of the Mayan Calendar are much shorter, as in humans have only been living for thousands of years not millions, which is why a date has been concocted for the 5th night of our evolution but not the dinosaurs'

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Naboo the Enigma

Edited to add: Has anything happened on the last couple of 5th nights?

The last 5th night of evolution on the Mayan Calendar was the Fall of The Tower of Babel. If everyone would just watch the series of 'Mayan Calendar Explained', you will come to a full understand. This presentation was conducted in 2005, so Ian X. Lungold will state that "...it is the 4th day", that was during the year 2005; he also explains what is to come and how evolution has sped up.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

If you recall me saying, the 5th night, during the time of the dinosaurs, ranged millions of years, so there is no date; the 5th night is not a date, but somewhat of era type time period, particularly during the age of the dinosaurs. The current days and nights of the Mayan Calendar are much shorter, as in humans have only been living for thousands of years not millions, which is why a date has been concocted for the 5th night of our evolution but not the dinosaurs'

I take your point, Xinibrux, and I understand the concept of shortening periods that you explain - however, that being the case - is it fair to say that more or less any event that happened during let's say a 10 million year period between 70 and 60 million years ago would fit within the particular fifth night period you refer to? Because that's what would need to be the period in question in order to accomodate the margin for error.

If that's so, there are those who would argue that it would be extremely odd for any planet not to suffer some sort of planetary event during any given 10 million year period.

We have a famous astrologer in the UK called Mystic Meg. Many people are amazed by her ability to predict things occuring in peole's lives in the future. However, if she told me that something was going to happen to me any time in the next 10 million years, I might be marginally less impressed at the service she offered.

LW

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Note to the OP, Ian Lungold passed away in 2005.

While his interpretation of the Mayan calendar is certainly intriguing, it's still just an interpretation. He was a sincere man and I don't doubt that he emphatically believed in what he taught other people about that calendar, but still, no one really knows for sure.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel

However, if she told me that something was going to happen to me any time in the next 10 million years, I might be marginally less impressed at the service she offered.

Could you explain what "...... if she told me that something was going to happen to me any time in the next 10 million years" refers to?

Originally posted by Sleuth

Note to the OP, Ian Lungold passed away in 2005.

While his interpretation of the Mayan calendar is certainly intriguing, it's still just an interpretation. He was a sincere man and I don't doubt that he emphatically believed in what he taught other people about that calendar, but still, no one really knows for sure.

His, and Dr. Carl Calleman's interpretation of the Mayan Calendar isn't just an interpretation, their interpretation is more deeply explained in a book that took years to develop that Carl helped Ian X. Lungold with which is a translation of the Mayan Calendar to our Gregorian Calendar. Ofcourse he believed what he taught other people, that is beside the point.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm familiar with the material. Otherwise, I wouldn't have posted.

Read your response to my previous post. Even you call them interpretations. They can be nothing else since the people who came up with these ideas aren't around for Q&A.

I understand how Lungold's presentation can be addictive. His explanation really offers hope in what is now a bleak landscape.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

March/April of 2008 is the 5th night of the Mayan Calendar translated from our very own Gregorian Calendar. Every 5th night through the evolutions of the Mayan Calendar, extraordinary events have occurred from large scale to small scale,

extrodinary events happen all the time. do they all belong to the 5th night of whatever.

1st were the meteors during the time of the dinosaurs(worldwide),

And the meteors after the dinosaurs, and massive vocanic events, huge earthquakes etc etc. they happen all the time on a geological time scale. i could predict them using your frame of reference.

evolutions later on the 5th night was the Fall of The Roman Empire(smaller scale),

many empires have risen and fallen, were they all on this so called 5th night?

then the Fall of The Tower of Babel[even smaller scale, civilization that wanted Heaven w/o a God(sound familiar?)].

See harte's reply.

The 5th night is approaching. A Houston prophet, who calls himself The Ancient One, was interviewed by Charles Snider and claimed that there will be no 2008 election. Could this have any relation to the upcoming 5th night? Put the pieces together like I have and you will find this quite intriguing.

Got a link for this guy called the ancient one, could he be the same ancient one in my sig.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

extrodinary events happen all the time. do they all belong to the 5th night of whatever.

You are mistaken, the events that have occurred and that will ever occur during the 5th night are very important. Huge earthquakes and volcanic activity are not important, happen simultaneously, and are much more common events. The events that occur during the 5th night are simply changes in overall consciousness (such as the fall of rome-religion-); the one approaching will be the overcoming of power, by ethics (or integrity). Just as cannibalism has become a thing of the past for humanity, everything that power stands for today (money), will become a thing of the past. No one has to believe me, but I do see this coming and ethics will roll right over everything that power is.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by xnibirux]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join