It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologist's Idiot box?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I went to the county fair in Ventura last August, and happened to see a Scientology booth. Curious about what the "hub-bub" was all about, I watched the scientologists work the crowd. I made a point to return, and did so during one of the concerts. The kid had me sit down, and pick up these two "toilet paper" rolls, connected by wires to a box. He flipped on the machine (box), and then became distracted by this guy who was asking questions. While he was looking away, I looked at this meter on the box, and gave these tubes a squeeze....
Now here's the crazy part.......
The meter spiked. Not a big deal, right? Well, I quickly locked my middle finger and thumb, creating a donut around this tube. The guy turned around and began to ask me about stressful times in my life. I caught on to what he was getting at, and began to get "frustrated" as I described some "traumatic" events from my past. As the guy watched the meter, he became concerned, and began to turn up the dial on this box. As I went on, he began to also get frustrated. Finally, as he had fiddled with the knob at least 5 times now, I rested my index finger against the side of the tube, and it (the meter) really spiked!! He looked at me, and then the box, and asked me if I would come visit them at their home office here in S.B. I said I would think about it, and walked away.

My point is, what the hey is that all about? I haven't done that thorough of a search, but is this public knowledge? Why would they use this type of device, a pressure sensor really, to test your need for their religion? I will post a link below, to a pic of their machine.
this is someone else's account of this machine. thought it roved my point.
pavementandstars.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They'll tell you it measures "this or that" some aspect thing that suposed to show what type of being you are. To them maybe you're an ancient alien that was trapped here and have had a hard time of it in the reincarnation loop system because of these spiritual beings that connect to you when you're unaware.

They want to test you "fully" and this is something that will require a 200 dollar payment that they may wave, but the waving payments ends as soon as they hook you into their scam.

Here is the Wikipedia link ot an "e-meter"
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I agree its a scam, but it's just a pressure test! We can all go make these guys think that their machines are broken!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
I agree its a scam, but it's just a pressure test! We can all go make these guys think that their machines are broken!

Or we could actually have lives and not waste our time wasting their time.

I'm going with have our own lives.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Its a gimmick...because people tend to apply more /objectivity/ to a machine or secondary source. Why do you you think tea leaves were used by "psychics" of yore? To distract from the famous question, "Why are you saying this?" Think about it...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I've read too many of your posts, I should have thought that you wouldn't get the joke

Anyway, I was only wondering whats up with the obvious pressure test?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Reply to post by jasonjnelson

Read more of my posts....attenuation is easy to manipulateand that is what it is all about. Refamilize yourself with the term red herring...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
You're right, it's an idiot box

An e-meter is a galvanometer. It measures the electrical resistance of your skin. It's exactly the same principle used in so-called lie detectors.

Galvanic skin resistance... is is also called electro-dermal activity, and is basically a measure of the sweat on your fingertips. The finger tips are one of the most porous areas on the body and so are a good place to look for sweat. The idea is that we sweat more when we are placed under stress... When the skin is hydrated (as with sweat), it conducts electricity much more easily than when it is dry.

If you squeeze the contacts, or reduce the pressure you're putting on them, you can change the reading on the meter. That's what you did at the Ventura fair.

You can read more about the chequered history of Ron Hubbard's idiot box here.

Scientology is bunk. Not 'mostly bunk', like Henry Ford said history was; it's all bunk.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I wonder if my Dad still has his. He’s an ex-scientologist that used to run a “Mission”. He escaped when I was 8, but kept his meter. I grew up playing with it, showing it to friends, till it became just some random thing in the garage I would toy with if I saw it.

Any way.. I remember it well, harder you squeeze the higher the needle spikes. Such a simple device, kinda like the love or strength meter you see in arcades.

[edit on 2/27/08 by Cyprex]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Right??!! So the question is, who falls for this? I know that it is just a distraction, but what would they say if you called them on it? I'm not trying to say we should harass these fine people, just explain to me the stupid device. And my Dad almost fell for this crap too. Good thing that he was broke at the time......

new topics

top topics

join