It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all already dead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have been told and heard that time does not exist in heaven/the afterlife. Have you heard this? Do you believe this? If this is the case, wouldn't we already be there? In the case of people having near death experiences, reporting seeing family members who have passed, at the instant one dies, everyone you knew, even to the extent of those living at the moment of passing, already be there too?

This idea seems paradoxical to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Currently not dead, maybe dead from another existence. Seems to be still time here, no? Yes, I believe there are places outside of our time, that are scaled at other magnitudes.

I've got up from an accident or two which I pondered whether or not I died and just awakened in another parallel universe. Either nobody else knows, or everyones keeping the secret from me.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

After seeing your post, it struck me: maybe our soul/spirit exist on multiple planes simultaneously. Its existence in this realm would be for experience input.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No doubt it seems possible - it does seem sometimes that this is not our primary location - Matrix like or Holigraphic universe theory.. Does death mean we're extinguished for eternity or reawaken elsewhere? or does that depend on how we play the game?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I love the creative thought processes here. Good job OP, it is something I hadn't thought of. I have no personal experiences that would lead me to believe that we are already dead.... but I love the idea nonetheless.

In the anime Fullmetal Alchemist people that had died in their version of Earth, would awaken in our version of Earth shortly before WWII.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I've gotten into situations and wondered, "Maybe I died last night and this is a test". With an all powerful God in control, you really wouldn't know...

With string theory in physics they are postulating 11 dimensions and the equations are working. We can't really comprehend 11 but the numbers work.

So with subatomic particles it is highly likely that they can be in two places at the same time. This is not sci-fi but the best truth we have right now.

Sine we're made of those same particles when it comes down to it there really may be parallel universe. Perhaps that's where the Kingdom of Heaven is. After all, Jesus told us 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' (mat 10:7)

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Fathom this...since time does not exist outside the universe, or our known universe anyway...and since God exists outside time, it's possible we all get to heaven at the same time.

Think of it as a time line that we are on with life continuing along the time. God is outside the time line. Since when we die, we go into a timeless existence, it's possible we all get there at the same time.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Many people are spiritually dead. The body lives, breathes, the mind functions, but no more than this. Every day is a routine, nothing is exciting, nothing ever satisfies. I was spiritually dead, but brought to life in Christ. Everyone has the same opportunity (feel free to U2U for details). Some ways to tell if yourself is spiritually dead:

- Angry/upset with school, work, your boss, your spouse, your parents, etc.

- Frustrated that things never go your way. Tired of bad news.

- Can't remember the last time you'd given someone a compliment.

- Can't recall the last time you'd truly felt loved or loved another.

- Wish someone could understand what you're going through.

- When you get excited about something, one you get it, you move on to the next thing.

- Feeling like the world is too big and screwed up to make any difference in it.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Are we already dead? I hope not, because if we are then this afterlife really sucks.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Good question, but not possible to answer.
We have a world, here, that we can see.
It has a sun and a moon and stars.
But, if you lived in a deep cavern, you would not tell if it was day or nite.
Maybe ancient people understood that when you die, you can find yourself in a timeless place.
So, they could locate Hell below, because that would correspond with it.
The way I would imagine Heaven would be, an inner heaven and an outer heaven.
The farther away from the center, the area where God would be, the closer you would get to the normal universe.
I mean you could look off into the distance and see galaxies, or whatever.
The movements of whatever heavenly bodies will create somesort of time keeping.
The closer you would get to God, the less of an influence these celestial bodies would have.
Maybe something that would be the opposite of a black hole.
So, whatever "amount" spent in this core would not be noticed after going back to the outer regions.
So, to answer the question: no, we would not meet our living relatives as soon as we "crossed over".
But once we traveled to the "core" they would be there."
Everyone is there, but there is no "right now" there.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Are we all already dead?

This idea seems paradoxical to me.

Short answer, yes I believe we are.

That is I think when we are born into this world we are from a spiritual point of view born dead.

This is why to have eternal life you must be born again from above as it were.

I could give you lots of bible versus, but that is meaningless because it is all a question of interpretation.

As far a God is concerned we are born dead to Him.

If you want a way of seeing it consider the thoughts in your mind.

When you have a thought it is born, but is it alive to you?

Are your thoughts a part of you?

Yes, but do your mental insights have a life of their own without you?

We are as a thought in the mind of God, all of what we call true and real exists in a way only as the imagination of God.

What is similar between our existence and that of our thoughts is they are fully a construct of our mind, and when we stop thinking about them they end, they have no power over their reality as we have no power over our birth and death.

The difference between our thoughts and us, is that our thoughts can not prove for themselves that we exists or that anything exists outside of themselves.

We can prove for ourselves that God and the spiritual exists by bringing evidence of the spiritual into our reality.

This is why the dead can be raised and miracles can be performed, because our reality is dead and the spiritual is alive, you can bring life into this world but you can not take it out.

God is the God of the living not the dead.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
great, thanks, now I have to think about this all day.
j/k (but seriously)
I cant really prove Im alive, I just think I am, so, yeah, I'll think Im dead now.
I mean, since everything may as well be a hologram or a thought universe, where does anything that is REAL/alive exist? Maybe all there is, is God, and the rest is just God's daydreaming...(a hypothetical experience?) We'll know soon enough, this fake aliveness I feel will be over within say, oh, 90 years or so, which is a blink of an eye compared to reality.

And someone mentioned god and heaven being out of time, so we get there all at the same time, in the same train of thought, that means we are already there! woah, now thats a revelation worth having a realization over...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

My opinion:

Yes, there and here at the same time. But never really "dead or alive". Once in awhile we split a part of ourselves, project a part of ourselves onto some planet to "live" there for awhile.

new topics

top topics

join