It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Ruling on Kecksburg Incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hi all, newbie to the site here and this is my first thread so bear with me, but I just wanted to share this article I found today from the Chicago Tribune concerning the court ruling forcing NASA to turn over all files from the Kecksburg Crash Incident.

read it here:
www.chicagotribune.com...

What do you think the odds are that 1) NASA will even comply and 2) That if they do, any of the REAL documents will be turned over? I think it will be very interesting to keep an eye on this story.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The government is never going to turn over document proof of extraterrestrial life/intelligence unless it fits into their overall plan. They will either black out key parts of documents, fake them all together.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I will bet the answer from NASA will be... "Sorry, we apparently lost all that stuff"

Here is a thread regarding an FOIA inquiry on the same topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Cool beans, I will have to follow this one...
Thanks for the posting

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Page not found!

Is that link correct, or did it get removed, possibly via NASA?

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Lord XIII]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have been following this one very closely. I actually think there is a chance that this will come to a head pretty soon. What will be disclosed is so far up in the air, but I think there will be some sort of action required on NASA's part sometime soon as this is not going away as easily as they thought it might.

Also, there is a good chance that solid information on this case has been misplaced by the generational "changing of the guard" and the fresh blood at NASA has no idea where/when/what they are looking for. NASA looses stuff all the time and is very unorganized (back in those days) as far as record keeping goes. It would not surprise me that the answer to this has been sitting in a file drawer somewhere waiting to get read by the right person....who knows.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My money is going to be on "downed Russian Satellite". I hope some new info gets released though

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Information on the Kecksburg incident:

There was a witness who muddied the waters, saying he was there, then wasnt there but remotely viewed it, etc. and changed his story 3 times.

in 1965 in Kecksburg Penn. something came down from the sky and there was, apparently a VERY DETAILED retrieval opperation by the military. They sealed the area off and picked up the object. They took off in the middle of the night and it left people wondering for many years what exactly had happened.

There are 2 strong suggestions. The first was a claim of a genuine UFO, but the other plausible claim is a Soviet Satellite or spy craft. Ultimately, we just dont know. Something happened there, and thats without question.

Theres been ALOT of extensive investigation on this case, including an investigator by the name of Stan Gordon.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I remember wanting to visit Kecksburg, but having the damndest time finding it listed on ANY maps. I looked through Rand McNally's US Road Atlas, and went to the section where they list all the towns and cities coordinates so they're easy to find.... no mention of Kecksburg in at least four different publications of Rand McNally atlases. I was planning a road trip to go see some people about some things, and I was gunna be driving through PA, figured I'd stop by Kecks and have a look. I didn't search much more for a map with kecksburg listed, no doubt there is one, but I found it weird that Rand McNally wouldn't include a town that has national celeb status as being a UFO crash site.

I think that there is a strong possibility that it WAS a downed Russian sattelite, though. Cold war, space race, paranoia on high... seems possible. Seems weird that Kecksburg isn't listed in some popular road atlases though. Unless Kecksburb is more like a hamlet or something that hasn't really gained enough status to be listed in most city listings or on most maps?

Whatever. Something important happened at Kecksburg. It was treated as such, and to this day is barely ever mentioned, so who knows?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
My money is going to be on "downed Russian Satellite". I hope some new info gets released though

I'm kind of with you on that call TXR. However, there's still the issue of the apparent changes in direction of the 'craft/object' before it hit terra firma. I admit, this could be attributed to misleading testimony.. someone simply getting their directions wrong.

Has anyone done research into the Russian side of events -- whether they lost a satellite at some point close to the event? .. Or even launched one that may have malfunctioned?

I also read somewhere that it could be related to old Nazi technology (The Bell project).

top topics

join