It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Y. Judge Allows Gay Divorce

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't think surprised is the word I would choose given what already goes on in the courts. Disappointed, disgusted, enraged... much more appropriate. Of course the dismantlement of the family and government denial of our natural-born rights is the founding purpose of the social services, so I don't think anybody can really be surprised when a loving parent's child is forcefully taken from them by order of the State.

>
And the courts do not decide these things. We decide to abide by the court's recommendation. No person has authority over another sovereign individual without their consent. The only question is how much force must be applied to gain that consent.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by apc]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Let me clarify one thing.

The burden of proof for terminating parental rights is very high and the number of cases of that are actually very small considering how many children are brought into state's custody.

I've been involved in too many of these cases and I have to say that before a parents rights can be terminated, that parent has to exhibit extreme levels of abuse, neglect, or mental incompetence and the unwillingness or the inability to remedy the situation.

It is also the state's responsibility to provide all the services to the parent or parents free of charge that they need to get their lives and circumstances in order.

I cannot remember a case in which a parent's rights were terminated that I felt that it was not in the best interest of the child.

It hurts like hell to see parents lose those rights, but when you've spent a year or more doing everything humanly possible to get these people engaged in the reunification process, it's understandable.

I do believe that the state becomes involved in many cases a bit too readily and I do acknowledge that the children suffer the most in these cases whether they are reunited or not.

The sad reality is that we are raising children into a culture that puts family values last and the self first and that as long as we do that we will continue to see families in this predicament.

Social Work as a profession should stop backing every "progressive" agenda that comes down the pike and put its knowledge and power behind reestablishing the values that put children first, but that will not happen.

It is the sickest irony that I have ever seen that there is a profession that supports every legislation that diminishes parental power, discourages responsible individual behavior, promotes laissez-faire sexual attitudes and the culture of victimhood and then purports to be the agency that can mend families when everything goes to hell in a hand basket.

And what is even more ironic is that most of those Social Workers who are out there "mending families" are doing so while their kids are in daycare and are themselves "latchkey kids."

It's sicker than most people can even imagine and I haven't even gotten into these industry that thrives off the broken families.

But, back to the my original thought. I was really referring to the number of ways that a person can be granted rights of visitation and sometimes even parental rights.

[edit on 2008/3/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
reply to post by RANT

Rant,

That was the most irrelevant post I've seen in a long time.

I responded to your topic in kind.

Somebody gay did something! Again!

Have a nice super fabulous heterosexual day my friend.

I have a planet to save. You take care of the gay gays for me, k?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join