It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rats Grow Super-Tumors on Aspartame...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This study will freak you right out if you drink diet pop or *any* artificial sweetners : Victoria Inness-Brown, M.A> did a private study of 108 rats for 2 years and 8 months. Some of them grew tumors so large they were using them as pillows..

An Absolute MUST READ
myaspartameexperiment.com:80...

A PDF archive of the website is posted here so that anyone who wants to email the document to others can do so by this link :

www.anomalicresearch.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
One of the things that is interesting about this study is the rats were fed the weight equivalent of a normal person drinking 1 aspartame pop per day - strange isn't it - you would think people would be getting sicker quicker...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thank you for an enlightening thread, I stopped drinking soda because it caused me to have a kidney stone and currently now drink juice, milk and water, but I guess I will have to get rid of the powder juice I have as well. Very interesting indeed, and it poses a different angle to accompany the "fluoride poisoning" threads as well. There definetely seems to be an interesting connection here.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gulfstreamsalt
One of the things that is interesting about this study is the rats were fed the weight equivalent of a normal person drinking 1 aspartame pop per day - strange isn't it - you would think people would be getting sicker quicker...

In a sense, we kind of are. Think about it, it would definetely give credibility as to why we have an obesity epidemic wouldn't it? Granted, obesity not = tumors, but there are definetely some negative effects.

Before when I was trying to loose weight, my father told me to stop drinking anything with aspartame in it because, apparently, the body has a harder time getting rid of it, so when you drink a lot of soda, it just accumulates over time. So even though you're wroking out 1-2 hours a day, you still won't see the results right away (even if your'e doing everything right) because you still have this chemical in your digestive system.

I know I definetely saw better results once I stopped drinking soda and started walking regularly, I'm falling behind, I'll have to go back to drinking water more regularly.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Though I agree a lot can be gleaned by using rats and mice as tests for human products in a lab I have one big problem with it all. I owned a variety of rodents growing up, from hampsters to mice and rats and I noticed something. No matter how well you care for them they end up getting tumors as they age. I had friends that had mice that also had similar results. I would say about 90% of the rodents I had growing up eventually got tumors and died. So it's rather hard for me to base what will cause cancer in humans based on findings in rodents.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Osiris1953]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Even if rats naturally develop tumors as they age - this document is still perfect because there is *NO* reason people should be eating the sh*t anyways - so even if the study is flawed it hopefully will be enough to push a lot of people into stopping the consumption of it...

However in the fellows study he did mention that the control group did not develop the tumors (aka none of them were dead yet).... So that confirms a definitely linkage in the study...

Win Win Win - Stuff that crap back down Pepsi and Coca Cola's holes...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Oh I agree that is more than likely bad for you, and I do avoid it.... but I still don't take that much stock in the findings. Either way I'm keeping clear.

new topics

top topics

join