It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are vegetarians?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
heres another road to check out...for both sides.
www.en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
heres another road to check out...for both sides.
www.en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Well I am a vegie but have had to eat some meat on my Doctors advice!

I was so anaemic that my legs and arms were aching that much. Asked my Doc and did a test and that was the reason. I still feel yucky eating it but had to.

You can get iron from other foods but I was just too far gone!!
lol

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I would have died. Literally. You should have eaten more raw foods such as dry beans, or dark leafy vegetables. Glad all is well now, though.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by Thurisaz

I would have died. Literally. You should have eaten more raw foods such as dry beans, or dark leafy vegetables. Glad all is well now, though.

LEntils is great too, and delicious. Especially a good lentil soup, smoothed.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i am vegetarian. Many great thinkers and creative geniuses have been vegetarian or recognized it as a spiritual leap in evolution. I could list them, if anyone is interested. But the meat lovers will get pissed off. I hate meat, always have. It was instinctive in me not to eat them. I used to get punished by my family for not eating the meat on my family (i come from "cattle country"). but i insisted and they eventually just let me be. my husband became vegetarian for a while - because he believes in the principle - but he couldn't endure it. he is a type O blood. apparently, they do have need of some of the animal enzymes found in the blood of animals. but, interestingly, it has been shown conclusively, that on a molecular level, protein molecules from animal sources that are received at our receptor sites on our cells for assimilation into the body do not fit well into the passage point. they are too big. they clog the passage and often it renders the protein passages incompetent, so that the more animal protein you eat, the more you will crave, because you are not absorbing it enough; also, the process over a period of time creates asphysia of the cells, and collectively this leads to all kinds of diseases which most of you are probably already aware of - arteriosclerosis, heart disease, etc. diverticulitis (serious disorder of the intestinal tract) is ONLY a meat eaters disease. vegetarians have never been known to get this disease. also, anatomically, we have herbavoric digestive systems. meat eating animals have very short intestines and herbavors have long ones, like us. any way, i don't have a lot of time to discuss all of the evidence, there are tons of good references to look into if anyone wants to know more about the subject in an objective light. either way, there is no reason to argue about it. people should just respect and listen to their bodies - show some common sense - and if you do eat meat and dairy, try to eat organic, free-range stuff, because the animals suffer less. i personally believe that we absorb their suffering when we eat that food. same goes for plants. everything on this earth has some form of consciousness, they just vibrate at different levels.

anyway... running out of time.

-cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh, me, ME!
I'm a veggie!

(plus I major in nutrition at school, so if anyone feels like they need help in that department, I'll do whatever I can for you)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am! for moral reasons mainly. Also, Davey Havok (vocalist for afi) and this girl i dated are both vegetarians, and they're both really hot.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
This is two part question but I need the this answered first. How many of you are vegetarians?

i am going to eat mince meat in a min, its an indian pasta with beef mince had it earlier.
I dont like the thought of it been alive but well come on, meat is nice.

the thought of the death is not but the meat its self is nice.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Scat

OMG. This site is absolutely hilarious! Had to call My brother right away to share. What a sick pig-I love it!

Peace.K*

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join