It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are vegetarians?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Hillbillies are from the SE, you uneducated pom.

Never? unlike you i understand peoples posts and i was referring to Hillbillies being thick like George W Bush not where they are from, can you not understand?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So back to the real topic, I don't see how you can have 1 but not the others.

What you should probably avoid in your life is all the junk food begging for you dollar.

Here is whats funny to me, a vegan who smokes. For some reason I find that hilarous.

Vegan Voice: I am like a vegan and I don't eat meat because I am a veterinarian, I do it for health reasons, however I smoke a pack and a half of unfliter camels every day.

Lysergical voice: Hahaha, asshat.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What you should probably avoid in your life is all the junk food begging for you dollar.

Here is whats funny to me, a vegan who smokes. For some reason I find that hilarous.

Vegan Voice: I am like a vegan and I don't eat meat because I am a veterinarian, I do it for health reasons, however I smoke a pack and a half of unfliter camels every day.

I don't smoke so how am i an asshat? and also i think you should check some of your spelling/grammar, could do better!

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by outofdarkness]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well attention seeker, what I said was not directed to you or I would've said your name. My grammar? Didn't know you were the grammar nazi but I'll try to do worse next post. It'll give you something to do.

and on that note it's now 4:20 CST

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Well attention seeker, what I said was not directed to you or I would've said your name. My grammar? Didn't know you were the grammar nazi but I'll try to do worse next post. It'll give you something to do.

Better watch our he will rip you apart with his razor sharp wit like he did me............LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Lysergic, the lovely asian ladies, please.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

and on that note it's now 4:20 CST

well i think the attention seekers here are you and your little gang of macho mates who cannot debate but just try to belittle vegetarians with snide little comments. Intelligent people will see you for what you are! Night little boy

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by outofdarkness

I don't smoke so how am i an asshat? and also i think you should check some of your spelling/grammar, could do better!

btw point them all out, filter and what else now?

I used veterinarian on purpose to show the idiocy.

ps: oh please, just read your latest BS post, enough talking with you, enjoy your thread.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

btw point them all out, filter and what else now?

I used veterinarian on purpose to show the idiocy.

ps: oh please, just read your latest BS post, enough talking with you, enjoy your thread.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by Lysergic]

wan't my thread little boy, just defending what i think is right or is that not allowed in the land of the free?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
All I saw was how you spew about uber macho somethng or others, dunno I didn't really invest the time to read your asinine post.

All I know is you ASSumed I was speaking about you and got your panties in a wad and have to come at me with some weak ass little boy insult that sounds like something some latina chick in jr high would try to say.

You enjoy your vegan lifestyle and I will be perfectly happy with my omnivore stoner diet.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

All I saw was how you spew about uber macho somethng or others, dunno I didn't really invest the time to read your asinine post.

All I know is you ASSumed I was speaking about you and got your panties in a wad and have to come at me with some weak ass little boy insult that sounds like something some latina chick in jr high would try to say.

You enjoy your vegan lifestyle and I will be perfectly happy with my omnivore stoner diet.

Thought you'd gone to bed?

If you can't be bothered reading my posts before posting that garbage then you don't deserve to be taken seriously.

PS I wasn't the one who was preaching about my diet? I think i am doing the right thing and proud of it which is why i was replying to all the anti vegetarian macho sh*te

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
the right thing is subjective, gone to bed? at 420pm?

merely a smoke break.

don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good nap after after a large beefified meal.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
"Shut Up Already"
By NOFX

"Affection not dissection,
Meat is murder,
Animals are for petting."
Oh shut up already.

I'm tired of you whining,
About poor little animals dying,
And the food they are supplying.
Because if a big animal had the chance,
It wouldn't take another glance,
It would eat you up.

"Affection not dissection,
"Meat is murder,
"Animals are for petting.
Oh shut up already.

I don't want to listen,
And I'm tired of your bitchin,
About whats in my kitchen.
Because if a big animal had the chance,
It wouldn't take another glance,
It will eat you up.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

the right thing is subjective, gone to bed? at 420pm?

merely a smoke break.

don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good nap after after a large beefified meal.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ You are now sending me to sleep with your lack of an argument!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
And your arguement is?

All I've seen you do is whine about macho men randy savages.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Damn. This thread got #ed up. It started out a bit funny (Yes. I find the vegetarian jokes funny, even though I am one myself. I especially like the "vegetarian in indian" one, hehe) but then it started to suck.

outofdarkness: I agree with some of what you are saying, but why do you have to ruin the thread with personal insults? And the pedophile example was #ing stupid, hehe. I understand what you where getting at, and I agree... but you could have made a better example. A better example would be: If you said you didn�t know any pedophile people. Would you be a liar if your friend were a pedophile in secret?

Bringing up pedophilia is a bit extreme though. But that was probably the whole point.

The other members probably wont judge all vegetarians because of your posts, but I know for a fact that you can get the wrong idea about a group of people, if you talk to a bad representative. It's much better for your/our cause if you are bit more serious and nice when you argue for it.

I agree that we should strive to get as much knowledge about what is made from animals and what's not, when we have this lifestyle. But we are not super humans. We can't know it all. We gain knowledge with time. I knew that there was gelatin (made from animals) in photographic film, and I don't own a photographic film camera. I probably also know more about products that come from animals than the average 19 year old student.... because I am a vegetarian for moral reasons. But there are probably still a whole lot of products that I don�t know comes from animals.

Originally posted by Amuk

You can insult me all you like hillbilly

Thank you, dont mind if I do

Hahahaha.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

And your arguement is?

All I've seen you do is whine about macho men randy savages.

Well if you can't be bothered to read all the posts on this thread, my point was that the original poster of the thread said that all vegetarians were hypocrites if they owned a film camera because there was horse flesh used in making them and i said how can someone be a hypocrite if they didn't know about that? It is not possible to be a hypocrite if you don't know about it?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiSystem
Damn. This thread got #ed up. It started out a bit funny (Yes. I find the vegetarian jokes funny, even though I am one myself. I especially like the "vegetarian in indian" one, hehe) but then it started to suck.

outofdarkness: I agree with some of what you are saying, but why do you have to ruin the thread with personal insults? And the pedophile example was #ing stupid, hehe. I understand what you where getting at, and I agree... but you could have made a better example. A better example would be: If you said you didn�t know any pedophile people. Would you be a liar if your friend were a pedophile in secret?

Bringing up pedophilia is a bit extreme though. But that was probably the whole point.

The other members probably wont judge all vegetarians because of your posts, but I know for a fact that you can get the wrong idea about a group of people, if you talk to a bad representative. It's much better for your/our cause if you are bit more serious and nice when you argue for it.

I agree that we should strive to get as much knowledge about what is made from animals and what's not, when we have this lifestyle. But we are not super humans. We can't know it all. We gain knowledge with time. I knew that there was gelatin (made from animals) in photographic film, and I don't own a photographic film camera. I probably also know more about products that come from animals than the average 19 year old student.... because I am a vegetarian for moral reasons. But there are probably still a whole lot of products that I don�t know comes from animals.

Hahahaha.

but i was putting an argument forward for vegetarianism and all i was getting back were snide remarks and no debate, that is what p*ssed me off! In a discussion forum surely you should put forward reasonable reasons on why you think something is right or wrong and not to just gang up and bellitle people?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiSystem

Hahahaha.

but i was putting an argument forward for vegetarianism and all i was getting back were snide remarks and no debate, that is what p*ssed me off! In a discussion forum surely you should put forward reasonable reasons on why you think something is right or wrong and not to just gang up and bellitle people?

Yes, I know that. And I agree with you when it comes to John Nada's attempt to prove camera owning vegetarians or vegans as hypocrites (I really don't think he was too serious though. He presented it as a fun and nice thread. No bashing or hostility against vegetarians). First of all... you can't be a hypocrite about something you don't know about, and second of all... so what if some vegetarians are hypocrites? It's a good thing to have principles and opinions... but it's impossible to live up to all of them 100%. Most of us are doing a good job though. Would it be better if we didn't do anything at all? No.

The thing is that you included this in your first post: "What a load of shi*e and yes it was a very big anti-climax! DUMBASS!"

I agree with you on the rest. I hate the whole macho vegetarian bashing to... But I really don't care about that. I just try to be reasonable myself. If they want to sound like idiots.. I will let them. But it's different when someone on the same side as me starts using insults. It tends to heat up the discussion... exchanging reason, fun and calm arguing... with bashing, insults and rants.

If you know what I mean...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
who cares about vegetarianism? honestly, the only people who are pissed off about it are the vegetarians, because they want a big bloody steak with some gravy and fried chicken, all over boiled sea otter and white rhino ribs, and they cant have any because they wont fight me for it

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join