It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are vegetarians?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
im not a vegetarian. i love red meat. i love steak. i love meat. i love devouring other animals. sorry if that sounds brutal but its true! and im not one of those people who says vegetarians are pussies and whatever. in all actuallity, i almost pity them, they cant eat a giant roast beef sandwhich sandwhich from arbys. i offered a bite to my friend once, i had forgotten she was big time vegetarian, and she thought i was insulting her.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Carnivore, only. I hate vegetables, every single one of them. 'Cept taters and corn, if you count 'em.

I just couldn't imagine killing a poor defensless plant.
People rave on and on about the poor animals, guess what #ers? THEY HAVE LEGS, THEY CAN RUN! But plants are rooted to the ground, nowhere to go.

JOIN -PAC AEOA- People for the Awesome Cooking and Eating Of Animals

[Edited on 2-18-2004 by mouko_ryuu]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Maybe the disclosure will be about some people who converted to vegetarianism who soon lost their sight, became crippled from arthritis, damaged major organs & later died. I recall reading about this some time ago.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Excuse me, waitress?
Yes, sir?
When you cook that steak, I want you to cart it into the kitchen, Show it the stove, and let it cower in fear first.
Um...yes, sir.
Then I want you to bring it to me on a plate with a baked potato.

Thats it!!!!!!!!

Just dont get it too close to the stove

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
You'll lose weight and the like if you only stick to vegetables, but there's so much other stuff out there to eat that can give you all the nutrients you need.
Beans, grains, nuts, vegetables, fruit, there's tons of stuff to eat if you're a vegetarian, that will keep you healthy.

But the point I was making was THAT changes your body and metabolism forever. Once you stop for any length of time, you can't go back. Just looking at a cheeseburger after 10 years adds 10 pounds and churning stomach pains.

I did lose a hell of alot of weight when I stopped eating meat though. And saved money. But I wish I had waited until I was older if I was going to do it. Don't screw up your metabolism young is all I'm saying. Teens need meat, so they have something to give up later. NOt the opposite.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
In this day and age it is no longer a neccesity to kill other animals. I can get all the protien I need and stay healthy and thin on nice fresh fruit, vegetables and quorn burgers. About a year ago when I was really depressed I gave into eating a burger and I'm glad I did. It tasted like blood, fat anf grissle, it was disgusting. It doesn't feel right, not for me anyways.

I'm going to download that Dead prez song, it sounded cool!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Second question (I didn't expect this thread to get so big, boy is this going to be an anti-climax, there isn't nearly enough vegetarians about...)

How many of you vegetarians own a camera (film not digital)?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i quote the bumpersticker on my car... "i didn't claw my way to the top of the foodchain to eat vegetables"

not me

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I own a film cam, what of it?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
AHHH spit it out already

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
www.maddox.xmission.com

read his stuff on vegetarians.

believe me, you wont regret it, unless you are fond of animals....then youll be disgusted, so go anyways!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
wait! no www in that adress

just

maddox.xmission.com...

YES

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

just

maddox.xmission.com...

YES

I didn't / couldn't find any stuff on vegetarians.....can you give a direct link or sumthin?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Second question (I didn't expect this thread to get so big, boy is this going to be an anti-climax, there isn't nearly enough vegetarians about...)

How many of you vegetarians own a camera (film not digital)?

I don't. And I think I know where you are getting at with this, hehe. I'm not going to ruin it for you though.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Originally posted by Scat

just

maddox.xmission.com...

YES

I didn't / couldn't find any stuff on vegetarians.....can you give a direct link or sumthin?

It's probably this: maddox.xmission.com...

The guy is funny and stuff, but proving that most vegetarians are hypocrites is quite old. Everyone is a hypocrite. I don't drive a car, I don't eat meat and I try to the best of my efforts to not support industries that use animals. But I know perfectly well that I'm killing other creatures only by staying alive. Everyone are consuming energy and contributing to pollution. But I don�t see what�s wrong with me trying to live up to some of my principles.

If my best friend wants to enjoy a burger, I wont even open my mouth about it. He knows perfectly well how I feel about the meat industry. I'm not going to make him feel bad for eating meat. And he is not going to make me feel bad about using a computer or contributing to pollution or other bad thing in other ways. This is us being egoistic� protecting out friendship.

It's impossible to live up to all your principles 100% in the world today. I don�t, and I'm not expecting anyone to do that. I don't attack people who aren't vegetarian and I don't attack people who drive cars... I just feel better about not doing it myself. According to Freud (who I agree with on these matters), we are all egoistic of nature, and everything we do, we do for ourselves. Sharing, protesting injustice, being nice to other people... Everything is an act of egoism.

I also use my right to protest. In fact, I�m using my right to protest next Saturday. I will be attending a demonstration against the fur industry. I don't #ing like the fur industry, and I�m using my democratic right to protest it. And no one is going to make me feel bad about it. I will be making old ladies feel bad about wearing fur, but I don�t care. All I care about is bringing the fur industry down, so that the torturing and killing of animals for human luxury can stop. And yes� It�s all egoism.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Thanks for that antisystem. I agree with you perspective totally, good to see you excersising your right to protest for such a good cause man.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
hmmm...this really didn't turn out as well as I hoped, it appears that you are all animal murdering bastards here,
so it has made this a little pointless.

Anyway, I was once told that they used horses skin for the elastic in film cameras and that anyone who owns a camera and claims to be vegetarian is a hypocrite.
So ermmm...you one or two people are hypocrites.

***You may now begin throwing the fruit and veg at me for such a disgusting anti-climax***

***ducks***

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
All of this to tell us we are hypocrites?!!
*throws rotten tamato*

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hehe. As I thought. Gelatin comes from animal hides and bones.

From How Stuff Works (On Photographic Film): "There may be 20 or more individual layers coated here that are collectively less than one thousandth of an inch thick. The majority of this thickness is taken up by a very special binder that holds the imaging components together. It is a marvelous, and ubiquitous material called gelatin"

But did any of the vegetarians own a camera? Don't mean much anyway. A lot of stuff is made from animals. Different types of glue for example..leather (of course). There is a difference between being a vegetarian and not using any products that come from animals though. The people who don't eat or use any products that come out of human exploitation of animals are called Vegans. I'm just a vegetarian now, but I will upgrade to vegan as soon as I have enough knowledge, and I'm ready for it. If you do it to fast, without enough knowledge, you are sure to get sick. You can't fight for the cause when you're dead, hehe.

Well... Everyone is a hypocrite anyway, hehe. As I said in my last post.

Originally posted by earthtone
Thanks for that antisystem. I agree with you perspective totally, good to see you excersising your right to protest for such a good cause man.

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by AntiSystem]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
vegtable are what food eats!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join