It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth tremor in Yorkshire.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
ok thats the epicentre thats cool with me however....

tectonics show that it should'nt really be there! complicated stuff! our tectonic plate tends to move west to east and although the med has a faultline no reports from europe of movement.

fasten your safety belts the biggie is coming... were i dont know but if we have moved that kinda means that LA could be next....i pray that we are all safe

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Whats the odds of this happening again soon? And could it happen in London, because I want to sleep, but I worry that there may be a quake here in London too. Does that happen, or is it over?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The odd thing is that there aren't supposed to be any faults in that area....

This isn't a one liner....

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My friend felt it in london but it was weak apparently.

jeez this is quite a large area.

[edit on 26/2/2008 by Snake64_009]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snake64_009
My friend felt it in lodon but it was weak apparently. jeez thsi si quite a large area.

I didn't he must be more north maybe?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
this is very complicated....to answer your question would be very difficult...this could be a what i like to call a prod...meaning that a bigger quake is to follow.

However to put your mind at rest we don't sit on a fault line and should be relatively safe from a major quake!

The fault lines lie to the west in the atlantic and in the med sea

this doesnt rule out further earthquakes however i think you can sleep

unless the earths crust is breaking into more segments thats probably the max we will ever feel in the uk

Did you know as a side note edinbourgh castle is built on an old volcano

it hasn't been dormant quite long enough to be labeled totally exctinct but it is exctinct.

peace be with you

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Snake64_009

One of my colleagues had a call from his wife to mention it and they live in S.London!

Now we have a load of faults as a result.... Thanks Mother Nature, my quiet night has been ruined!!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Latest I've heard is that they say expect some after-shocks.
It was probably one of the strangest things I've ever experienced. It was the low grumbling noise that sent shivers up my spine... kind of came in waves.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just been reding about aftershocks .Scary reading because the aftershock can be worse than the original in other words the earthquake could be a pre-shock.I have never heard of this before.
Heres the link

pasadena.wr.usgs.gov...

I still think our defences have been hit.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by tracey ace]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

near wembley stadium she says.

will it happen again or not do you think?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

Thanks a lot for that info!

And no I didn't know about that volcano. Interesting

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snake64_009
reply to post by _Phoenix_

near wembley stadium she says.

will it happen again or not do you think?

Yeah that's more north than me. Interesting.

I have no idea if it will happen again, but I don't think it will.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I thought what if a bomb went off in London or some massive Extreamist attack, we don't know. We still can not be sure of anything, what if there is a massive tsunami or something coming towards the UK? Silly questions but best to know.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well thats made for an interesting night. Am spooked now.

Take it from me - I'm about 60 miles from the epicentre and boy, that was a very very weird experience for someone in the UK.

Not sure if I'll sleep again tonight.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I´m glad you are all ok, people in UK from in here, please record and document with what ever asset you got. Still pictures / Sounds recordings / Video Rec.

Note down your location the time and so on, if not only for us in here interested in this Tremor then also for Science to have more data to look on.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
From what i can remember from previous quakes in the u.k. we do normally have aftershocks not long after the original quake.
My location is Derby east midlands and it was 1 am the time of the quake.
Sorry if i have already stated that but this post grew really quick over the past hour and some people might not be aware of events.
Im approx 80 miles directly east of epicentre.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by tracey ace]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was working in Manchester during the last quakes in '02 and there must have been 4-5 aftershocks of the same strength as the first, so I'm a li'l spooked and anticipating more

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

There won't be a Tsunami from a land based quake. Tsunami's are caused by the earths crust either rising or falling underwater.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I felt this in Bedfordshire UK a bit far from Yorkshire.

There was a similar tremour at night around this time 4 years ago or so in the UK.

It's best to document this as we don't know anything thing yet of what is to come.

I thought what if a bomb went off in London or some massive Extreamist attack, we don't know. We still can not be sure of anything, what if there is a massive tsunami or something coming towards the UK? Silly questions but best to know.

It could have happenned in the Pasific Ocean and a big wall of water is coming. Ok unlikely but best be on alert. Even i don't know if I should sleep.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Here is a recent article that explains how scientists are using lazer technology to discover hidden fault lines in forested areas.

www.upi.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join