It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twelve-month long drop in world temperatures wipes out a century of warming

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I just read the below article that has to really put a chill on the religious fanatics of global warming and has to really piss off its deity. (Al Gore)

The sky is no longer falling folks... It was a disinformation syopps project all along and all you whack jobs that fell for it need to own it now.

Imagine all the billions wasted on this whacky religion? All the time the UN and other countries worshiped this false idol whack job that was at one time once removed from the throne of the United States? What a giant farce....

If I was a bible thumper I would say the real God just put the false idol called Al Gore in his place? Kind of reminds me of this old saying... What tangled webs we weave when first we begin to deceive....

No more than anecdotal evidence, to be sure. But now, that evidence has been supplanted by hard scientific fact. All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously.

Link to Article

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
A yearly spike on a graph of global temperature history could count as a "noise".
However a decade or even 100 years could also be counted as a "noise". So only the time will tell - will we dry out or freeze out.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Yes, they say now that the debate has changed from global warming to climate change...
I found that interesting in reading some of the justification on the forum where this article resides...

The point that must really kill Gore is below...

The total amount of cooling ranges from 0.65C up to 0.75C -- a value large enough to erase nearly all the global warming recorded over the past 100 years. All in one year time. For all sources, it's the single fastest temperature change ever recorded, either up or down.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

So the fastest ever recorded temperature change means "everything's OK" to you? Wow.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We just had the warmest winter on record here in the DC area so I don't know what you're going on about. We got MAYBE 2 inches of snow all winter and a couple of low yield sleet/ice events. Many days this winter were 50 degrees and above with a few 70 degree days in January to boot. The real deal is that none of us knows what the weather will do. Even if we aren't experiencing global warming I think that cutting back on the noxious pollutants that we pump into the air every year can only be a good thing.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Global warming has always meant climate change at the same time. Even Al Gore's presentation talks about climate change. It doesnt mean we are going up in temperature, it means there will be violent chnages in the weather. With the "it's the single fastest temperature change ever recorded, either up or down." being the case, that would make more of a case for global warming (or climate change if you are so inclined) then against.

Tela

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well supposedly we are over due for the next ice age.I personally think the world will continue to do these erratic highs and lows until the pole shift is complete.However here is another article about the non-warming and actual cooling they say.The whole thing is all very strange in the fact that all the planets in the solar system are heating up at the same time according to some scientist......crossing the galactic plane perhaps?

Forget global warming: Welcome to the new Ice Age

www.nationalpost.com...

[edit on 27-2-2008 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 27-2-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Climate change........isn't it supposed to? We are in the middle of good old fashioned Michigan winter here. If anything, things seem to be getting back to normal, not that normal weather was ever that predictable or stable either.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but most of these longer range predictions by various weather people are just not accurate. The modeling is not good enough to predict what weather patterns/trends will be like in 100 or even 20 years.

Weather will change, natural disasters will occur, that's what happens. It's normal for areas to go through heat waves, droughts, cold snaps, blizzards, hurricanes, tornadoes and torrential rains ect....

If you don't like the weather, move to the moon. Not that much rain up there.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I believe the evidence points to global dimming. I found the following 10 minute video series very compelling.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's 70's nostalgia time again. I remember when it was all the rage to hoot and holler about the coming Ice Age, and when I lived in Minnesota and Iowa, every winter you could believe it.

So rather than jump the gun and enact a lot of laws that might politically benefit some people over others, I say we relax, measure the climate for a few thousand years until we got a pretty good bead on it, then decide what to do about it, if anything.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Warming up, cooling down, it doesn't matter. The majority of the people are still going to think it's caused by human carelessness.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I live in So California and this last year was one of coldest wettest year we have had in a long while,I think after that big quake the earth's axis shifted,now maybe we are getting some of Oregon's weather

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
As an expert that has lived through 40 years of climate here on Earth, I hereby guarantee that each and every year, from now until the end of time, will see a change in climate (sometimes “dramatically”) from the year previous. Please send $10M for my contribution to global climate research. Thanks, Mecheng.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by mecheng]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

I just read the below article that has to really put a chill on the religious fanatics of global warming and has to really piss off its deity. (Al Gore)

He's most famous for this line:

"The planet has a fever"

Becker

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Well using Gore logic it does... He shows us a warming trend over the course of what? 100 years? In one year that warming is wiped out and now we are really having to worry about cooling? The whole climate change argument has wasted billions and in the end 4 world thermometers proved that Gore along with the Gore worshipers are the only ones releasing hot air...

So, yes Dave... Everything is OK...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

In the 70s it was Global Cooling.

Lately it's been Global Warming.

Now it's back to Global Cooling.

What this means is that nobody really knows, or what effects man has on the climate, and that alarmism is irresponsible.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I am in Michigan too... I don't remember a winter like this since I was a kid. Snow almost every darn day... I say we leave our cars idling and fire up the barbeque's to get "global warming" back on track...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Escrotumus

Did you even read the article?

But now, that evidence has been supplanted by hard scientific fact. All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously.

The real deal is we do know what the weather is doing... This is based on scientific fact... You may not know what the weather is doing but the world monitors show a cooling trend... Read the article or are you just responding based on how you "feel."

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

And how is that? Where is your data? Where is the scientific data to back up your outrageous claim? In one year of cooling the earth has wiped out 100 years of warming...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So....,
Is the planet warming up, or cooling down?
Is it because of carbon dioxide, or isn't it?
Should we pay a carbon footprint tax, or shouldn't we?
Are we responsible, or aren't we?
Arrrrgggggghhhhhhh!
My head hurts.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join