It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIgital Television Mind Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Has anyone else thought about the new DTV thing coming next year? Its kind of weird to think that hey would do something like this. But for what? The only other thing I can think about is making more money. I mean if you want to watch tv then you will have to by the "box". Saying that then you have a mind control device that could control what you think with out you even knowing it.
I dont know I just dont trust it. But if the whole mind control thing isnt it, then its the money thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I dont see how its mind control, but I dont think that way anyhow.

And money? Perhaps, however, they are giving away vouchers so you get a free one:

www.dtv2009.gov...
How do I request a coupon?

Between January 1, 2008 and March 31, 2009, you can request a coupon while supplies last in one of four ways:

Apply online

Call the Coupon Program 24-hour hotline 1-888-DTV-2009 (1-888-388-2009). Hearing-impaired consumers can use our TTY service by calling: 1-877-530-2634 (English/TTY) or 1-866-495-1161 (Spanish/TTY)

Mail a coupon application to: PO BOX 2000, Portland, OR 97208-2000. Download a Coupon Application here.

Fax a coupon application to 1-877-DTV-4ME2 (1-877-388-4632)

[edit on 26-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I actually wondered the same thing, scott... I mean, sure there is the whole profit thing, but seeings how tv the way it currently is can affect brain wave states and then moods, I wondered if this was not some new and improved way of keeping people in a vegetative state, or maybe even experimenting further with programming large groups of people. *shrug* Maybe its just the latest in viewing pleasure, but I am suspicious that they are making it mandatory. I mean, one can still opt to use the old style rotary phones that have the antique wall jack, so I would think that tv wouldnt be as important as like, you know, dialing 911......

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I think its because digital can be manipulated very easily with the right art/video software.... hide what you want or inject fake footage.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Oh boy... America is so behind. You guys only JUST closed down your analog cell phone network, and now you're just starting to get digital tv. For a country that's supposed to be at the forefront of the NWO, I'm very very disappointed.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I really don't think this has anything to do with mind control. Did cable control me? No Did satellite control me? No Will this? Nope

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
as a geek and employee of a well known electronics retail chain, I can assure you there is no mind controll in that box. messed with it myself.
it's just for the ancient TVs that don't have a digital tuner in them, it works as an external tuner. most have an internal tuner.

but, long story short, you can fit more digital channels, at better quality onto the copper cable than analog channels. nothing more. but, you still have to watch what's broadcasting, I can't vouch if they're doing anything screwy. if there is any control, it probably is advertising based.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
If you get Satellite or cable TV you can ignore this event, only OTA (OVER THE AIR) antenna users need to upgrad if they haven't already.

DTV has been with us for many many years my friends. It didn't need to be digital to control your mind either. Television has been controling minds since its early days when there were only a few stations.

Anyone who's been receiving Satellite TV (Directv & Dishnet)- has been using Digital TV since its inception. Most cable companies have long ago converted as well.

The hubbub is about your old TV's receiving OVER THE AIR BROADCASTS as the Analog signals will cease to exist, so if you have an old TV you just need a converter box to receive OTA DTV signals - Of course since most people only use cable or sat it doesn't matter. If you only get TV from an antenna - then you need a converter box - or a new tv with one built in.

I bought a DTV box almost 10 years ago when there were only a couple stations broadcasting Digital - the past five years they all have in my area. The box just down converts HD & DTV signals to a standard NTSC television or sends Digital signals to a HD & Digital screen.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

I went last week and picked up my free box. Apparently if you don't have one yet you can get one free of charge. You cannot watch tv if you have an antena, but if you have cable you should be able to, so why give everyone a box? I hate to sound paranoid but it struck me that what if, these are really devices to watch us? Not just pay attention to our vewing pleasures, but actually have some kind of monitor installed? A lot of people have these in the livingroom and their bedrooms, and den. It would be an easy way to slip cameras into every home! But why? What would be the purpose of doing something like that?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

If you are afraid of the box, build one yourself. All you need is a degree in EE. Oh, but wait, if you get that degree not only will you understand why you need the box, you will also figure out why it's important to go from analog to digital so in the end there will be no need to build your own box because you will trust the one you got for free.

Seriously, people should start worrying less about this, if the NWO or whoever tried to use digital TV to control minds, or monitor your every move, then every single EE in this world would have to be part of the conspiracy

[edit on 27-2-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
They want to spy on you. all the new digital televisions come with a nano-type camera. they will know who's watching, who you are, and what you are doing. I still have an old television. yes, it's a tube type and I feel safer this way. the digital signal will be used as a GPS so they know where you are too.

the trick? when you buy the television and coupon. do NOT give them your real name. and make up a fake address.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
They want to spy on you. all the new digital televisions come with a nano-type camera. they will know who's watching, who you are, and what you are doing. I still have an old television. yes, it's a tube type and I feel safer this way. the digital signal will be used as a GPS so they know where you are too.

the trick? when you buy the television and coupon. do NOT give them your real name. and make up a fake address.

Can you please provide some evidence for this...or is this just your opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I hate to sound paranoid but it struck me that what if, these are really devices to watch us? Not just pay attention to our vewing pleasures, but actually have some kind of monitor installed? A lot of people have these in the living room and their bedrooms, and den. It would be an easy way to slip cameras into every home! But why? What would be the purpose of doing something like that?

It is very possible people can not only listen, but see you know matter where you are, but it would be hard to live, if we worry about such things too much. No doubt future technology's make the invasion of our privacy easier all the time, which is why it's important that we understand what we are using.

People have security camera's that others can hack into just by knowing how to use the product. It takes 10 minutes of reading a manual to learn how to subvert them- not some mystical knowledge that one needs to be mentally gifted with years of experience to acquire.

Even though I have a pretty good understanding of computers I still prefer to keep my web cam lens physically covered when I don't intend to use it. I know enough to know there are ways my camera can be addressed and used if I'm not paying attention all the time with changes in security & what not, therefore I've chosen physical security as it's much easier to manage.

Originally posted by daniel_g

If you are afraid of the box, build one yourself. All you need is a degree in EE.

A good idea to understand what you use everyday is the right approach. I would suggest that the way TV's are built with components that have multiple uses that one could subvert their own design within the original design of a television & most EE's don't have the time or knowledge of what the final end product is. Therefore unless we take them all apart & look for subversive technologies built within our consumer electronic products - one never knows for sure.

CASE IN POINT "Toshiba TV Sends Distress signal to USAF"

If not us spying on ourselves, I have often wondered if ET's or unknown advanced civilizations could hijack our own technologies for the purposes of studying or manipulating us. Every reflection could potentially be a source to exploit your doings & whereabouts if one had proficient knowledge of how to recapture those reflections. Paranoid maybe - impossible not.

If you believe in mass consciousness events in which large numbers of people can influence the outcome of an event by thought alone, then I would suggest that the TV has become the tuning fork in which that consciousness can be focused upon and therefore used to control the world & suggest outcomes of events.

Why stuff the ballot box when you can subvert the subconscious of people to do as you suggest.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
First, I cannot provide evidence, so, for the dubious, please regard this as merely opinion. Caveat lector. Second, for those who would like to know, the shutting down of the analog signals was not the goal. The Bilderbergers decided on the worldwide switch to Digital broadcasting because engineered into every converter box and every new television -- whether in Canada, Australia, the USA, South Africa, India -- is the architecture to allow a superceding digital signal to be broadcast to every television at the same time all over the world. At first nation states may or may not make use of the technology they have to take over all the television broadcasts. This is supplementary to their ability to invoke emergency systems etc.

This is third in the tiers of control for the signals coming into your home. First are emergency networks, EBS, and other national emergency communication schemes, second are satellite controls to replace broadcasting on all channels, and third is the universal signal for worldwide control regardless of nation state).

Hang on to an old television. You never know when the analog air waves will be the means of connexion (i.e., pirate television broadcast) during times of political crises, civil wars, race riots, and famine. Pirate Jennie, aka Pellevoisin, signing off ... for the moment.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

A good idea to understand what you use everyday is the right approach. I would suggest that the way TV's are built with components that have multiple uses that one could subvert their own design within the original design of a television & most EE's don't have the time or knowledge of what the final end product is. Therefore unless we take them all apart & look for subversive technologies built within our consumer electronic products - one never knows for sure.

That is not my point. My point is that if you had any knowledge at all about digital signals(and you acquire that sort of knowledge by getting a EE degree), then you would realize that digital signals are nothing more than sampled analog signals. If anyone at all wanted to spy on you, there is no need to go digital. Assuming that the reason we are going digital just to spy on the general public is just plain dumb.

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
is the architecture to allow a superceding digital signal to be broadcast to every television at the same time all over the world. At first nation states may or may not make use of the technology they have to take over all the television broadcasts. This is supplementary to their ability to invoke emergency systems etc.

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about, people just assume digital makes it easier for a third party to take control over your electronics. Again, digital signals are sampled analog signals. If anyone wanted to take over TV broadcasting, going digital will only make it tougher. Example: Cell phones. Old analog cell phones are easy to tamper with. Anyone with enough knowledge can build a device that will interfere with the signal, either to spy on you or to block your communications.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I agree with that idea, hanging on to the old analog sets. Digital signals are easily disrupted - with an analog signal, if there's some sort of disturbance, the picture will be snowy, but you'll still have a picture. With digital, it's either enough signal to have a picture, or there's no picture at all.

But once the transition is complete, I don't think the old analog broadcast towers will still be around. It'd cost money to maintain them, unless the analog spectrum is opened to up to dedicated emergency broadcasts.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
In some countries the analog towers are being retrofitted without disturbing the analog portions. I find that very interesting. Also, some towers are on private land, and at least in the case of the USA, I know of some towers that will be kept up by the private citizens that own them. Strange times.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My question is from another angle; if we're all so overweight, then we must sit around and watch TV, surf the web and eat all day and night, what is so interesting about us that 'someone' would want to go through the trouble of planting a device in a cable box to observe us? Observe us for what?? And I mean this seriously. Maybe to get a laugh. I can see the men in black getting a kick out of watching my household, oh boy! All I can say is this is one strange strange world we are currently living in to one: think that we are important enough to be watched and two: that they'd actually do it!

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Elisha4Yah]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
If anyone at all wanted to spy on you, there is no need to go digital. Assuming that the reason we are going digital just to spy on the general public is just plain dumb.

people just assume digital makes it easier for a third party to take control over your electronics.

Agreed, but then I didn't need an EE to figure that one out, so I suppose that's why I was looking further than necessary for your point as you mentioned building a TV yourself - I assume that meant designing one and thus knowing each component and what it does. Thanks for the clarification.

BTW- My dad built a TV back in the late 60's that was a Heathkit with lots of tubes sticking out the back - the case was an option he didn't purchase - he was not an engineer. All you had to do was know how to solder & follow instructions - many instructions. We watched that set for over 10 years.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
In some countries the analog towers are being retrofitted without disturbing the analog portions. I find that very interesting. Also, some towers are on private land, and at least in the case of the USA, I know of some towers that will be kept up by the private citizens that own them. Strange times.

Off the cuff, I believe those old cell band & analog frequencies are going to be used for other purposes such as extra bands for government & law enforcement. I suppose we may have a bit of pirate activity as well, since much that old equipment will end up in 2nd hand auctions and the like.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join