It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being Overly Paranoid? Florida Power Outtages....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I live in South Florida; today we are having massive power outtages that supposedly stem from the malfunctioning of equipment in a substation that led to a domino effecting approximately 8 separate power plants, leaving millions in metro areas without power (mainly Miami and surrounding counties)... it has really got me nervous for several reasons. First being that if the situation continues to expand, I could be without power sometime tonight.

Secondly, as mentioned in another thread, all employers are being forced to register all new employees through the state. Which is a brand new policy. I don't mean through I-9's for the purpose of immigration, or W-2's or anything of that nature. They have to be registered through a website that states that "Many of your employees may be called to active military duty in the coming weeks." It does seem to have something to do with being able to notify employers for the deployment of reservists if needed for Iraq, etc, but why the registration and the warning all of a sudden? The little message does seem kind of ominous, and considering our growing power outtage could turn into an emergency situation, makes me even more uncomfortable.

Finally, how much longer until someone starts throwing the "T" word around in relation to the power outages? If we have a great deal of civil unrest and looting from large scale power outages, and all of a sudden a government official or the media decides this was some type of terrorist activity, what then?

Most who subscribe to the belief that 9/11 was perpetrated by our government in order to further the plans of the global elite and to strip away the rights of the average citizen also believe that the government is looking for an event or looking to cause one that would allow them to take away the rest of our freedoms. Could these be the beginning of such an event?

So what do we have in this situation:

1) Massive power outages affecting millions in urban areas.
2) Floridian employers told that their employees might be called to active duty soon.
3)The possibility of this being deemed a terrorist attack.

Add the three together and what do you have........ I'm not sure quite yet, but it doesn't look good. So once again I ask the question; Am I being overly paranoid?

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Osiris1953]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't know, but I'm quite paranoid at the moment too...

in addition to all you mentioned, yesterday there was a guy who fled from TSA and jumped the concourse breaking arms and ribs to get away... seems he had "multiple passports"???? just seems very odd.

and I keep hearing Turkey Point in all this power outage stuff, glad I'm stocked with potassium iodide... just in case.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I had forgotten you live in Florida as well. I hadn't heard of the guy running from the TSA. I'm certainly going to be keeping an eye on this situation. If the worst does occur, I'd rather not be in the middle of the epicenter.... I don't know this is bugging the hell out of me.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
here's the link to the story.

Police Arrest Miami Airport Traveler Who Fled TSA Screening

this incident is extremely "suspect" and I have to wonder where the guy was flying to.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It is a hoax.... here is the real report:

www.fuba.org...

Phew, had me worried there.

Also, see here:

www.dphhs.mt.gov...

8/2006.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Very odd indeed. I can't say I know what to make of it, especially considering that just happened yesterday. Here is a little bit of info what is going on a Turkey Pt. right now.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
All I have to say is that stuff's getting crazy here in the states, its getting crazy!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You are absolutely correct TrueAmerican. Sorry, I guess I had some of my facts wrong. However it has been posted more recently that we should expect employees to be called into active duty over the next several weeks.

newhirereporting.com...

Could be nothing.... It bugs me a bit however.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Okay.. did anyone else hear at least 2 fighter jets just fly over in the past 3-4 mins??

I assume if there is a fly over it's for precautionary measures right????

[edit on 2-26-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I didn't, I don't recall what part of Florida you are in, I'm in Northern Palm Beach County. Nothing seems out of the ordinary here yet.... but fighters would be a bit disconcerting.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why are you guys so worried?

I know this is a conspiracy forum, but I think you are jumping to conclusions way too early. I've said it quite a few times already, but not everything is a conspiracy.

If you saw an arab (pardon my styreotype) walking out of a power plant, and then the power goes off moments later, I'd say you have reason to be concerned. But right now, all that we know is that there were some storms and the power went out. Things like this happen a lot.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

That's is what is being said in national news. In local news they are saying that the storms that are on the way will be an issue considering the situation, not that a storm caused this. I think we are just a little more paranoid because we are living in the state..... but thank you for posting you did ease my tension a little by not worrying about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

There's no date on that site I can find anywhere. But if the other links are any indication, this is old news.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm in Sunrise. and it sounded like it went from East to West but I couldn't see anything from my windows... I do live close enough to the airport where it could have been regular air traffic. I'm just being paranoid right now.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I hope that's the case, so we can take that out of my equation of paranoia for the time being. I still don't feel overly comfortable about the situation.... even if it turns out to be nothing, I don't like the notion of going with out power for an extended period of time if the domino effect continues. Coutywide curfews, etc, are never fun.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I live close to PBIA so air traffic is pretty normal around here too. I haven't heard any commercial jets either. I shall keep my eyes and ears open as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I will say that it's probably best if our Florida members who live in heavier populated areas stay inside.

I was watching the news, and the traffic jams look insane. People driving every-which-way, nearly colliding with other cars. Does not look like much fun.

I wouldn't be worried about terrorists, curfews, matial law, or even looting. Sure, there might be a few bad apples who go out and steal some things, but I don't expect it to get bad.

I'm pretty confident this is just a situation of a cut power line causing a domino effect. Ex: Say a powerline was cut, and the power plant didn't know what happened. They might have shut down the plant, thinking a terrorist attack or a hacker or something. Just to be on the safe side. I highly doubt there was any malicious intent that caused the power outings today.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Seems there was a malfunction and the system automatically shut itself down
as a safety precaution. All service should be restored by sundown.
Investigation is still ongoing.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Keep your eyes and ears open, this day and age I think being aware, and partially paranoid is a good thing. As long as your paranoia doesnt turn to panic, that could be bad. Weird days we live in, hopefully it is nothing and the power comes back on soon, be safe.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

I think that the reason Floridian ATS members tend to be a little more paranoid about such happenings is that anyone who has experienced a hurricane down here has had more than a taste of martial law. They tell you where you can go, when you can go, how late you can be outside. Then there are neighborhood ID checkpoints, police on every corner, military vehicles. Every move you make is watched... etc. Of course they have good reasons after a hurricane, but still. You look at the prospect of the government wanting to do this as a matter of course and any little thing out of the ordinary happens here, and you can't help but have some paranoia.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join