It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is all this 2012 and apocalypse stuff disinfo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In the 2 months I have posted here I have become alarmed at the the irony between the sites slogan "Deny Ignorance" and the plethora of alarmist threads based not on fact but on fear. This fear mongering as I will call it is keeping us distracted from doing anything about global climate change not to mention global political change.

I have read about 2012 and Niburu and galactic alignments but all I have been able to come up with is that the Mayan calendar begins again (it's a cycle) and it will be the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. Super.

The biblical apocalypse to my understanding was written as a story. It wasn't till the 19th century that some christian ministers (Swedenborg?) began talking about the end of the world. What happened? Was the spector of burning for hell in eternity not scary enough?

Let me give you a humanity changing event that I think is in our future unless we focus on solutions to mitigate the effects. I am talking about global climate change.

Short and sweet: Global dimming
which I believe is happening now and artifically holding the global temperatures down. As we reduce the Co2 in the atmosphere the temperature will rise some more causing polar ice caps to melt. These melting areas of glaciers will breakdown the North Atlantic Circulation. Seas will rise and kill millions and millions from tropical cyclone storm surges in low lying areas (think India and Bangladesh). We in the west will have to give some aid but there is no way we will be able to get to everyone.

We must act now. We don't have the luxury of waiting to see if the world ends in the next 4 years before we begin. After 2012 focus will turn to 2028 for TU24 and then 2036. There is no end in sight for these end of the world cultists.

Can we ever keep from getting distracted by the high priests of confusion?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I can see that you're tired of all of these people saying that the world is going to end in four years. Well I've got news for them it's not going to end in 2012. It is true that our global climate may be getting worse but I don't see the entire world flooding in a short time of four years. I think that the next administration has will fix the climate problem that the current congress has been making and will set things right. Much of the problem can be blamed on Congress and how they are not serious on setting high energy emission standards. That's something we need to work on. If only Congress was more serious about how corporations treat the environment we might see a difference with how our environment is. However, under the current structure of America, corporate America cares much less about the environment than the factories of which they produce their products in that waste emission.

Also, I don't see your youtube video, and, I failed at following the link. Could you try posting it again? Maybe it's on my end but I'm not sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Since the beginning of time man has set dates for the 'end of the world'.

If my memory is correct the first 'doomsday' was set to some date prior to AD..

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's impossible for the world too end unless it collapsed in itself like a black hole type scenario.

I guarantee you, with something as simple as another ice age it wouldn't be complete destruction of humanity either, I sort of beckon the idea.

I mean if that's what it takes to open everyones eyes, mass destruction through mother nature, maybe that will make humans realize that christianity and all diversity is a big ploy by governments too brainwash billions.

And you know DAMN WELL if you're fighting for your life you are going to eventually give up your old facist ideals, political ideals, and racist ideals, because all MUST come together as one to survive mass destruction of the world.

But really....I don't think there will be a apocalytpic / armageddon type event, as stated, we are not in the age of pisces anymore we are inbetween Pisces and Aquarius which means "THE CHANGE" obviouslly from greed to purity.

People ARE opening there eyes, we are the proof, and by us knowing this knowledge -- The government will try and surpress it 100%, but they can't forever, and if you know about "The Disclosure Act" in 2001, HUMANS WILL make it too the congress and not these brainwashed machines, and hopefully we will somehow get Ron Paul as president and have him overthrow the governments control which will result immediatly in another JFK and a conspiracy too cover the death of him, oh the iraqis did it.

No, THE ONLY REASON why jfk was murdered and it can be seen he was murdered by the driver by a silenced 9mm pistol, was because JFK was from POVERTY, he wasn't this illuminati and the PEOPLE actually realized how good of a person this man was

And or satanists of a government popped him off.

top topics

join