POLITICS: Kerrys alleged ties to a Chinese Spy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Senator John Kerry has bigger problems than a rumored affair in his closet. It is being reported that he met with a Chinese lieutenant colonel of the Peoples Liberation Army and daughter of Chinas most powerful soldier who also sat on the Central Commitee of the Chinese Communist Party.

www.MSNBC.com
Colonel Liu Yao Ying started her career with Chinese naval intelligence. At the time of the Kerry meeting in 1996 she was then president of China Aerospace Industrial Holdings Ltd.

Johnny Chung who plead guilty to illegal campaign contributions of $300,000 dollars to the DNC campaign coffers introduced Colonel Liu to Senator Kerry in order to gain influence in setting up a meeting for Liu with the SEC, a week later Kerry in a handwritten letter thanked Chung for "the help with my campaign"

More than anything else, the saga of John Kerry, Johnny Chung and Liu Chao Ying, as laid out in a series of interviews, court records, campaign finance disclosure forms and bank documents obtained by NBC News, is a story of what can happen when the pursuit of campaign cash gets out of hand.

Colonel Liu previously was heavily involved in the $300,000,000 sale of missiles to Pakistan in the 1990s

The pursuit for re-election and the funds neccessary to be successful are fraught with the peril of influence peddling and temptation to associate with what are at best unsavory characters at worst enemies of the United States.

Related stories:
michnews.com...
www.newsmax.com...
www.opinioneditorials.com...

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by Nerdling]

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
From the Soviets in the cold war, to the Chicoms today, it's clear, our nation's enemies love the DNC!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
From the Soviets in the cold war, to the Chicoms today, it's clear, our nation's enemies love the DNC!

Yes, even our nation's enemies in the RNC love them.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Chinese spy was major fundraiser for California GOP

www.cicentre.com...

Let's try to move away from sentimental faith-based views of politics

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would never vote for Kerry. But this is bull#e presidential mudslinging propaganda at its finest. Im sure its true he took campaign contributions from the Aerospace company. But its not as if that's against the law nor does Kerry put a green or red light on contributions himself. The spin of spy reeks and is nothing more than a sandwich in a food fight!

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
I would never vote for Kerry. But this is bull#e presidential mudslinging propaganda at its finest. Im sure its true he took campaign contributions from the Aerospace company. But its not as if that's against the law nor does Kerry put a green or red light on contributions himself. The spin of spy reeks and is nothing more than a sandwich in a food fight!

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

Beg to differ on the legality,
"quote from msnbc article"
"Chung gave $10,000 to Kerry's campaign -- most of it illegally -- hosted a fund-raising party in Beverly Hills, and threw in an extra $10,000 to honor Kerry at a Democratic Senate Campaign Committee event. Kerry eventually returned all the Chung money".

And the spy angle,
"Senator John Kerry, D-MA, unwittingly tried to help a Chinese espionage agent and arms dealer in 1996 in return for campaign contributions for his Senate reelection campaign, according to congressional and other documents, interviews, and photographs".

dreamrebel did you actually read the link to the post?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The implications could be farther stretching than it seems.

Still, I'll wait for more on this before I give it any real credence

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yes KrazyJethro I'm trying to get a handle on all of it myself because it seems to neatly tie into many varying subjects that may appear unrelated but now are not so unrelated.

Clintons release of classified missile/satellite data to Chinese while DNC was accepting money from the PLA.

The sqelching of information on the Chinese theft of W-88 warhead design.

The complete pass on the Chinese $300,000,000 missile sale to Pakistan.

And now we have the frontrunner for the democratic presidential nomination involved with these same people, where doe's it all tie together ? - thats what I want to know.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
And now we have the frontrunner for the democratic presidential nomination involved with these same people, where doe's it all tie together ? - thats what I want to know.

I think it's all tied together securely to a rope leading up this flag pole: :so01:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Absolute horse#.

NEWSMAX
OPINIONATEDEDITORIALS?

HELLO?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm sorry Nerdling I should have gotten that character stuff from DemocraticUnderground an unbiased source rather than those pesky rightwinger sites no one can trust, eh

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Don't beleive anything from Newsmax, people. Sheesh. I thought we ALL knew that. I wonder why they don't have such hard hitting stories about who outted Valarie Palme?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm sorry Nerdling I should have gotten that character stuff from DemocraticUnderground an unbiased source rather than those pesky rightwinger sites no one can trust, eh

At least the DU doesn't LIE.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I think it's all tied together securely to a rope leading up this flag pole: :so01:

Nice flag - time will tell whether or not its BS though, when msnbc is referencing congressional and other documents, interviews, and photographs I am going to pay attention, It does'nt mean I am in 100% belief of all they say - but there is some truth here based on well known past stories about democrats and chinese money.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yeah there's evidence that weapons technologies have been transfered to China, and before that to the USSR during the cold war.

The question you all should be asking is how and why does it happen? Since these guys have all been connected to official intelligence operations it strongly suggests that technology transfers are a deliberate covert program.

How is it that Rumsfeld's company can sell nuclear breeder reactors to North Korea? Same deal. It could never happen unless it was part of some official strategy. All these guys are intimately connected with the Yaleian intel management crowd. Do you people think these are accidents, or just examples of corruption? No possilbe way!

Why would technology transfers be allowed? Because ours is an imperial war economy. We need credible enemies to justify continually outragous defense spending. This intel-management crowd happens to own the defense contractors too - that isn't a coincidence. Maybe the arms race is a strategy coordinated as a counterforce to a hypothetical extraterrestrial threat. If UFOs are real then this fact should be reflected in the world's social and cultural developments.

One thing we can be certain of is that these technology transfers aren't the fault of a specific political party.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Don't beleive anything from Newsmax, people. Sheesh. I thought we ALL knew that. I wonder why they don't have such hard hitting stories about who outted Valarie Palme?

Actually the Newsmax story referenced the msnbc story and of course went on with a different commentary - but still relavent to the original story.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I know Phoenix, just giving ya a hard time.

Either way, the accusation train is really what I'm dissing here. Not you.

One headline after another, day after day.

Tomorrow: Kerry Eats Gay Communist Intern's Babies with Heinz Ketchup

If nothing else the sheer volume and weight of the accusations kind of gives me a "so what" complex. I'm about a beer shy of saying Damn straight we got that Chinese money. I just don't believe anything anymore and it's the fingerpointers own fault.

And this isn't partisan on my part. I DON'T CARE IF BUSH HAD AN ABORTION EITHER! Ya know?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nerdling I'm with ya on the pure BS stuff that has no way of getting sustantiated at all - both sides are slinging the hash.

This particular subject has elements that have been or seem to be able to be substatiated and therefore very are relevent to the political future of John Kerrys presidential run and the electorates ability to trust this man with their vote.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Codorcet - thanks for the thoughtful addition to this discussion. I have a question about tech transfer to NK, was'nt that deal made by, again another democrat.
Can you find other significant transfers by republicans to back up the assertion that it does'nt matter which party is in whitehouse (I mean tranfer of new tech to an obvious enemy)

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i seriously doubt that this story is true....key word being RUMOR
If it is true, then we're gonna have to decide whether we want a monkey or a chinese spy in the oval office and again, i seriously doubt that it's true....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join