It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

mobile fones

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
does any1 have a practical idea of how to stop using mobile phones less... practical... because this is what can happen... i ju cant turn my phone of. its not gonna happen...

Alzheimer's disease
Anxiety
Asthma
Birth defects
Blood pressure increases
Brain cancers and tumors
Burning sensations
Calcium Ion changes
Chemical sensitivity
Chronic fatigue
Chronic stress
Crohns disease
Depression
Diabetes
Disorientation
EEG changes
Epilepsy
Eye and ear discomfort and pain
Facial rashes and swelling
Fybromyalgia
Genetic damage
Gliomas
Hair Loss
Headaches
Heart disease
Kidney damage
Leukemia and other blood cancers
Lymphoma
Melatonin reductions
Memory Loss
Meningiococcal infections (meningitis)
Meningiomas
Multiple Sclerosis
Neuro-cognitive symptoms
Nerve sheath tumors, including acoustic neuromas
Numbness
Oral cancer
Pacemaker interference
Parkinson's disease
Parotid gland tumors
Premature aging
Reaction time changes
Sleep disorders
Suicide
Testosterone reductions
Thyroid cancer
Tinnitus




posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I thought there wasnt any proof what cellphones cause anything? Maybe addiction but nothing that can actually harm you.
And this is the wrong forum.



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
u cant actually be addicted to mobile phone... but you most definately can be harmed. i feel like the inside of my head i gonna implode sometimes...



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
yu may feel like that, but it could also be attributed to a billion other things... and no, i don't think that there has been any actual scientific proof that cell phones cause such health problems.

EDIT: like i myself suffer from asthma, sleep apnea, low blood pressure, headaches, sinus/ear/eye pressure/pains, and chronic fatigue and stress

but i never use a cellphone... maybe once every few months if i need to borrow a friend's to call home or something, but that's it.

[Edited on 2/18/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
well here in finland there are people addicted to cellphones. well not maybe the phones but on using them.
you cant imagine the small teenage girls sending sms's all the time. it was even on the newspapers how teenagers are addictoed to using a cell phone.

and if your head feeel like exploding. well go to the doctor? i dont got anything like that, and anything bad coming from the phones hasnt been proven atleast to my knowledge. so if you have a link to somethinf that proves anything else, please post it.

i need to go to my training now
bbl



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i thought in europe cell phones are so popular because there arn't as many landlines?



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I can't remember where I heard it from but I heard that mobile phone radiation causes infertility in males as they are in the pockets and close to their testicles. Also, I was told by a spiritual healer that mobile phones cause altering of ones DNA. I don't know how but none the less I try not to use it much. They're evil: cause unknown health defects which may be realised worldwide in a few decades (like tobacco) and chew up a lot of your income and time, therefore taking away the opportunity cost where you could put the money to a better cause.



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
i thought in europe cell phones are so popular because there arn't as many landlines?


well i dont know about the other countries but in finland we got landlines everywhere. Every house had a normal phone.
though there are the families who use strickly cell phones, but as far as i know there aint many



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There is no scientific evidence for your hypothesis. That doesn't totally rule it out, but so far none of the studies found any correlation between electromagnetic fields (from mobile phones or power lines) and diseases.

Skepdic's entry on Electromagnetic Fields and Diseases.



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
How to break your addiction to cell phones? Easy. Work a full-time job, a part-time job, and go to school (that's what I'm doing.) Not only will you NOT use the phone, you'll probably learn to loathe it.

That, or get a job as a phone support tech for an ISP. That will cure you.



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Using a mobile phone is like sticking your head in a microwave...they are not good for and there is proof that they can cause problems with your head. I don't know where this proof is but I know it exists. Hmm, crappy post really...


jhh

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe at high wattages, em fields may cause health problem. But until evidence proofs different, anything below Ultra Violet cannot cause cancer. Otherwise we would all be dead by now.

Anything below 10,000,000 Ghz should be safe.
www.hcc.cc.fl.us...



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
some say that cellphones cause brain cancer and the such, and i used to believe them. but i dont worry bout it anymore, were not gonna live long enough for it to kill us. btw, somethin 99% of the population in Hong Kong has cellphones and they dont have more brain cancer than we do. Aint that right Drunk? Everybody's gottem dont they?



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't use my cell phone very often, but at times when I'm on the phone for over 10 minutes the screen starts burning my cheek.



posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
parrhesia, what kind of phone do you have and who is your service provider?



posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Using a mobile phone is like sticking your head in a microwave...they are not good for and there is proof that they can cause problems with your head. I don't know where this proof is but I know it exists. Hmm, crappy post really...


The electromagnetic radiation from mobile phones (800-900 MHz) is a different frequency than microwaves (2450 Mhz). The frequency has to be exactly high enough to be used in a microwave. The microwave also is a lot stronger than a mobile phone.



posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by happyk
does any1 have a practical idea of how to stop using mobile phones less... practical... because this is what can happen... i ju cant turn my phone of. its not gonna happen...

Alzheimer's disease
Anxiety
Asthma
Birth defects
Blood pressure increases
Brain cancers and tumors
Burning sensations
Calcium Ion changes
Chemical sensitivity
Chronic fatigue
Chronic stress
Crohns disease
Depression
Diabetes
Disorientation
EEG changes
Epilepsy
Eye and ear discomfort and pain
Facial rashes and swelling
Fybromyalgia
Genetic damage
Gliomas
Hair Loss
Headaches
Heart disease
Kidney damage
Leukemia and other blood cancers
Lymphoma
Melatonin reductions
Memory Loss
Meningiococcal infections (meningitis)
Meningiomas
Multiple Sclerosis
Neuro-cognitive symptoms
Nerve sheath tumors, including acoustic neuromas
Numbness
Oral cancer
Pacemaker interference
Parkinson's disease
Parotid gland tumors
Premature aging
Reaction time changes
Sleep disorders
Suicide
Testosterone reductions
Thyroid cancer
Tinnitus



A casket is all wood, we all take it there one day. # todays sunday we both could be there monday.

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by SpittinCobra]



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join