It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec. 21st, 2012: Where will you be on that day?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The end of the mayan long count or whatever the hell is the winter solstice in our year 2012.

Leap years don't play a part, the day is not in question, the year isn't even in question.

Mathematically it comes down to that particular day it doesn't matter what calendar you use. That day could be named Catillsday, Soverember the 797th, in the year 4, according to my calendar, which only has 3 days a week, 4 months in the year. The mayan long count would still end on the winter solstice in 2012.

Doesn't matter if something's going to happen or not. The point in time is the same.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
OH but to answer the OP:

I'll be finally out of the military, barring they try to extend my contract due to WWIII, so I'll be living somewhere other than where I am today. I don't know where that will be.

But I will sure as hell be far away from any major urban centers, military bases, missile silos or anything that might get me killed. Just. In. Case.

I think a trip to the MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN sounds good right about then.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'll be waiting on the internet to laugh at all the people claiming the world is coming to an end and planet x will kill us all.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I will be in my favorite country where all the good and righteous people will be the survivors of 2012, FRANCE.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovereign797

Well If thats the case Three clean undies, extra dry socks, one and a halfs, and toilet paper

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I know exactly what I'll be doing. Same thing I've always done on occasions such as this:

Browsing the internet news, CNN on the MSM box, radio tuned to NPR. I just want to see how people react to yet another highly anticipated non-event.

How many cult suicides, shooting sprees and ridiculous acts of the man-ape will we witness? Sure gonna be fun.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

Well since you will find those things fun it will not be that scary for you, but for the rest of the world, they will be scared # less. don't be so certain that where you live it won't have those things.

I will be light at that time.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I find that it will most likely be another day, as there is a chance they could be wrong and the world doesn't end, I find if anything it will just be another day.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I will be out of America, that for sure. I might go back to India, Egypt, or England. Anywhere but the Corporation of The United States of America.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VisionQuest
On a hill meditating? Hidden in a bunker deep below the Earth? On your couch watching the Cosby show? At work, even?

A Total Earth transformation or Just Another Day?

I don't know about you but I'll be out in the desert. I believe it falls on a Friday so expect there to be some kind of event somewhere remote. I'm calling in sick.

Note: Scientific studies show that humans gathering and focusing their thoughts does have an effect on reality. Even if there's nothing really special about this day, could all the focused thoughts, be they positive or negative, still have an effect on the planet?

[edit on 26-2-2008 by VisionQuest]

Actually, outside of ATS, with the exception of a few connections to other websites where people are of the same mind, the truth of the fact is, the greatest majority of the population of the world does not have their mind directed toward December 21, 2012 and are oblivious to this date, as it is continually gone over here on these threads.

As for the question where will I be? The question reminds me of one that I had during a job interview years ago where the interviewer asked me, 'Where do you see yourself in four years?" I just looked at the woman and pondered the question, "If I had the ability to look into the future, I sure wouldn't be in the position I am now, sitting here and having you ask me this question."

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ill be sitting inside shields and waiting for an opportunity to use all that energy to make my own little tweak on reality while everything is changing over. i plan to try to eliminate ego from the human mind altogether as that was what lead us down this dark path to begin with

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I will be in a lawn chair, spraying deoderant and paint in to the air to help kill the ozone layer. I would like some ocean front property and this global warming thingy might do just the trick. As for Dec 2012, by my calculations and from my secret alien contact, France will be the 1st country wiped out as the moons of Nibiru collide with Earth. Sorry France, who would have guessed? Perfect timing and all that. Darn the bad luck.

In all seriousness, I will be at work looking forward to having the weekend off with the wife.

What the heck do Myans know anyway?

Can't live every moment of my life worried about the government, aliens, big business and the end of the world now can I?

[edit on 4-3-2008 by wdkirk]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Since it's just before Christmas, I may be taking time off from work. Either way, I'm sure I'll be checking the Internet to watch the hysteria. Then I'll check in the following day to read all the posts from people who are sorely disappointed that nothing happened.

It's a date, people. It's no different than any other date.

<< 1   >>

join