It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec. 21st, 2012: Where will you be on that day?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
On a hill meditating? Hidden in a bunker deep below the Earth? On your couch watching the Cosby show? At work, even?

A Total Earth transformation or Just Another Day?

I don't know about you but I'll be out in the desert. I believe it falls on a Friday so expect there to be some kind of event somewhere remote. I'm calling in sick.

Note: Scientific studies show that humans gathering and focusing their thoughts does have an effect on reality. Even if there's nothing really special about this day, could all the focused thoughts, be they positive or negative, still have an effect on the planet?

[edit on 26-2-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
BTW: My money says someone might try to cash in on it in a "Woodstock" like fashion. I really hope this doesn't happen. That would be the worst way to handle Dec. 21st, 2012. Then again, there's a small chance the human race will evolve between now and then and come up with a better plan.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'll be here moderating, trying to keep everyone calm, due to the fact that nothing happened and everyone will be blaming someone else, so I think all of the staff will be very busy, so I'll ask in advance,

Please behave that day.

Thanks,

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'll probably be at work, or here at home spending time with my daughter and watching the sudden surge of posts on ATS. Really if something is going to happen, it's going to happen, but I kinda doubt it will be anything noteworthy. If I'm wrong, feel free to tell me "I told ya so" then..... if we're not dealing with some sort of global calamity that is. If we are well then it could be a good thing. I'm a bit of a nihilist so watching the world's culture go down the drain is kind of exciting. It means we have a chance to build a better world from scratch after the smoke clears.

"It's only after you've lost everything are you free to do anything."

- Tyler Durden

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Doing whatever I have planned for that day. If the world ends it won't matter if you are in a bunker or hiding away in a remote place. Everything will have ended including you.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'll be at home, doing what I always do, absent-mindedly waiting for something to happen while enjoying another day in my life.

If the planet explodes into a million shards, I'll be thinking along the same lines that Timothy Leary spoke of just prior to his death; calling it the "ultimate trip".

If my head starts buzzing with the thoughts of 6 billion humans thinking all at once, I'll try to concentrate on the night side to hear and see what they're dreaming about. Listening in on the thoughts of so many people at work would totally bore me to death.

I'm open to anything and totally unafraid of whatever might happen.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VisionQuest

I don't know about you but I'll be out in the desert.

If something does happen what makes you think that the desert will be safe?
I would think the desert would be one more vulnerable places as most deserts have few shelters.

I will be up in the mountains sheltered from any sea or weather phenomena in an area with enough natural shelter, food & water that I could survive indefinitely with the added bonus that it would be a good tactical position - just in case.

Edit: If nothing happens It will have been a good winter hiking trip and I'll be back for a hell of a New Years celebration.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well I'll be at the top of that hill singing songs that never made it to number one reminding you all how I was there for you.

Then I'll get stoned and be knocked down the far side.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VisionQuest

I will be working, buying all the stocks that the suckers sell because they think the world is ending. I will probbaly also log in to ATS to make fun of all the doomsdayers.

I expect the dow jones will be at 19550 on that date, down a few thousand points from the previous week.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ill either be here enjoying not being on probation anymore or....i might go to on the border and spend my last night of existence getting drunk and eating endless enchiladas.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
With my family enjoying each others company. And here of course!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'll be celebrating my 29th birthday! eek...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I will be riding a horse with no name, in the desert, thankful to finally be out of the rain.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Being a few days before Christmas, I will be at the mall spending money!!
After all, it is just another day

Oh, I will also be checking in on ATS to see all of the explanations of why nothing happened and it was just another day

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Friday, December 21, 2012:

Wake at 9:00 am.
Coffee and a Camel.
Shower.
Grocery store.
Work for 8.5 hours.
12:00 - quiting time, cause you know, everybody is infact working for the weekend.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
the calender we use today didnt come in until 1563 (the gregorian calender) thats when leap years where introduced, did the mayans have leap years? how do we know 2012 is really 2012?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I could be mistaken here, but if I remember correctly based on some of the more ancient calender systems we have already passed 2012. It could even truly be this year..... who knows... well maybe someone does for sure.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
whos 2012 do you follow. the popes? or the mayans?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'll probably still be alive. Christmas coming. If it's on a Saturday, maybe I'll be at a party or going to a party of some kind. That might be fun.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VisionQuest

Who knows retaping my cardboard home, oiling the wheels to my shopping cart to sneak away, finding a pair of clean undies for that day?
, Who Cares if you BELIEVE, you don't worry about, Hug and love your kids, wife enjoy, If nothing happens have a merry
PEACE

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join