It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens charged with shaving, clubbing disabled woman: Abuse of the disabled once again!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
reply to post by zerotime

And if someone were to suggest that you be 'put down' because of your desire to see people die violently?

everyone calling for these kids' death are obviously over the top. However, they should be punished to the fullest extent, and tried as adults.

I am not breaking laws and torturing people. I am not a violent criminal. I also do not really care what happens to these 'kids'. I am going to show them the same respect and consideration that they show other humans. I get so tired of people defending and sticking up for violent criminals. They tortured a human being for 6 hours. What is a good punishment?

[edit on 26-2-2008 by zerotime]

Emotionally I want to say that a good punishment would be to give the the victim's mother several free shots with a cross-bow! But realistically, they will go to trial.

I do agree that people will try to present some sort of " mitigating" circumstance for these two kids....I hope the public won't buy into it and they are convicted as adults.

The other thing is that I don't think any type of rehab will work for these two, so once convicted...no parole for them. IMHO

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
They tortured a human being for 6 hours. What is a good punishment?

An honest fair trial, and when they get convicted a long and arduous prison sentence where they are locked up for a good long time with other violent offenders and receive further more elaborate forms of punishment when they drop the soap in the prison shower.

I say 6 years of guards looking the other way at the right time would be fitting for 6 hours of torturing a human.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
An honest fair trial, and when they get convicted a long and arduous prison sentence where they are locked up for a good long time with other violent offenders and receive further more elaborate forms of punishment when they drop the soap in the prison shower.

I say 6 years of guards looking the other way at the right time would be fitting for 6 hours of torturing a human.

multiply that 6 years by 10 and I agree. These people have no right to live amongst the rest of us in society. My heart just doesn't bleed for these types of violent criminals. I can see many of you do not believe in death penalties and I can respect that opinion. However, my opinion is why keep them locked up for the rest of their lives in overcrowded prisons using my tax money to feed and shelter them. Maybe after 30 or 40 years behind bars they will beg for death.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

1. executing someone is far more expensive than keeping them in prison for life.

2. This has nothing to do with them. I think they're scum, and deserve harsh punishment. But also realistic punishment. The fact is, they will be different people in 10 years time.

3. It's wise to keep emotion out of situations like this. It's what judges and juries do, so why not us as 3rd party observers?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It always sickens and disheartens me to hear these kinds of stories. What is especially disheartening is hearing posts about what sort of mayhem to inflict on the perpetrators of these sickening crimes. Yes, it offends our sensibilities but let us not sink to the level of those we cry out against.

One wonders what could have gone so horribly wrong in an offenders upbringing to cause such a heinous outburst. What could have possibly been going through their heads? Then I see posts calling for an equal amount of violence (or more) and I realize that, apparently, we all have that ability in us whether we act on it or not.

I am a proponent of the death penalty as I believe that when you rob someone of their life, you have nothing of equal value to give as payment for that life except your own life. Because of their youth, they should be given a chance at rehabilitation which will NOT occur in prison. They should not be allowed in decent society to cause more mayhem and, other than prison, there really IS no place to "rehabilitate" them. They're certainly old enough to know better, and the callousness and inhumanity of the crime makes it seem likely that rehabilitation is not possible.

As Thomas Jefferson said, (and I'm paraphrasing) "if a child does not show promise by the age of 14, he should be silently and decently beheaded."

I recognize the seeming contradiction in speaking out against advocating violence against violent offenders and then suggesting the death penalty but I am able to reconcile the contradiction to my own satisfaction. I don't ask that anyone agree.

I once had a dog that was bitten by a rabid animal (possibly a squirrel-we never found out). I had to put that dog down and I did so with a steady aim even though I cried my eyes out later. It was a mercy to the animal, to the rest of the animal kingdom that would have suffered because of future contact with the rabid dog and it was necessary. I didn't throw a party or shout, "yea! that slobbering, mad, killing machine won't hurt anyone ever again!" To have rejoiced in its death would have diminished my humanity even though killing it did not.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Perhaps those teens that like to torture people were just practicing for a job in Wakenhut, gitmo or the CIA. They probably didn't have the expertise to get into waterboarding or the more sophisticated stuff so they just went slow and experimented. They will probably never see a day in jail but be recruted by one of our more sinister agencys.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
With that kind of action, it's only fare they be tried as adults. Their parents should also be investigated because of this. I hear more and more stories of this every day, I fear for the lives of people who I know are disabled.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that new story. This world is ruled by tyrants, like those torturers, who abused that lady.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Working where I work, I feel a subject matter like this would truly bring the worst in me out.. and well no positives would ever come from that. Very few things in life can really get me riled up, but this is certainly at the top of my list.

May these individuals get everything that is coming to them, and then some.

I haven't read the full article or this thread, because it will stir some emotions that I don't need right now, as I'll be heading to work shortly. But I hope these individuals will be charged with serious crimes and as adults.

That's all I have to say.

Absolutely despicable.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Reading that article reminds me of the scripture regarding the end time and how the love of many would grow cold.

Seems to me these two would make a great poster child combination to place that scripture under.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join