It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn & Teller - 9/11 Conspiracys

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
i agree that the penn & teller you tube video is a bunch of crap, most of the time they provide some type of "evidence" to back their conclusions, but they have failed to do so on this....how sad that they had to resort to this type of ridicule, it doesn't even pass the smell test.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
If you don't have a recording contract - dont sing
If your not a structural enigneer - dont give an opinion about 9/11

How're you going to get a recording contract before anyone's heard you singing? My brother's band don't have a recording contract yet they're really good and do many gigs around the area.

How many people on this website giving their opinions of the 9/11 thing are structural engineers?

I don't have an opinion on whether it was an internal conspiracy or if it really was terrorists as I've not looked into it, but it'll be interesting to find out

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Penn and Teller hit the nail on the head. The conspiracy theorists are all looking for something to make themselves feel important. They need to sit down with the facts and accept them. I like how a friend of mine refers to the building as being "blown up." If he would pay attention, he'd see that all buildings look like they've been blown up when they fall, whether falling by implosion or by nature. But it gives him an erection to think that there is more to the story. I guess it's just the "Indiana Jones" that's in all of us.

I hope everyone on here knows that Teller is a PhD and teaches at Harvard. He may be silent when with Penn, but not when teaching...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingNutEE
I hope everyone on here knows that Teller is a PhD and teaches at Harvard. He may be silent when with Penn, but not when teaching...

Oh I didn't knew that! Is he? Wikipedia certainly fails to mention that about his career.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Penn is a big fan and friend of James Randi (the amazing Randi). Creator of Jref. So maybe Penn's tone is beginning to sound familiar eh??

Penn thinks debunking magic tricks makes him an expert on debunking

Hey everyone breaking news magic is not real! Seriously magic is not real!! It's a trick.

His con is exposing a con and selling you on how smart you are. But for his con to work he is in need of a fall guy.

Oh ...and being big and loud does not make you right.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
One piece of evidence and coming to a conclusion is a conspiracy. Having numerous pieces of evidence, of which there are makes it a possibility. As long as there is a possibility it should be investigated. Our government spent twice as much on investigating Bill Clinton for getting a BJ and lying about it, than it did on 9-11. It took 411 days to open an investigation, and that was only because of pressure from the wives. Certain airline stock were not investigated after 9-11 for weird activity. All 15 squadrons on East Coast just happen to be out an about that particular day. They had 20 minutes notice of hi-jacking of the first plane, 45 minutes on second, and over 1 hour and 20 minutes on the third. AA77 hits the pentagon and they say there was no debris because the plane basically melted, yet they were able to identify everyone from DNA. The owner of building 7 admits to pulling the plug on it, meaning they blew it up. But I know from my time in the service there is no way they could set up the destruction of that huge building in just a few hours. Not to mention all the chaos going on at that time. It would take days if not weeks to set that up. Why was all the debris shipped to China and other foreign countries. That was evidence, and yet it was treated no different than your usual weekly garbage.
I could go on and on, but why there are just those who will not believe or don't want to believe that there Government could do such a thing. Well wake up folks our Government has killed 20-26 million Native Americans, what makes you think 3 or 4 thousand makes that big of a deal to them.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The conspiracy theorists are all looking for something to make themselves feel important.

Nonsense ... I don't need a conspiracy theory at all ... for anything. I have a brain and two eyes. I see what looks like a conspiracy. Period. No crusades here .. just simple observation, thinking, and reasoning with the facts.

They need to sit down with the facts and accept them.

Facts fully accepted.

If he would pay attention, he'd see that all buildings look like they've been blown up when they fall, whether falling by implosion or by nature.

Well by that statement I would conclude that you believe you've been paying attention to these things. So share with us please what you mean by a building falling by 'nature'

But it gives him an erection to think that there is more to the story.

just crass and immature.

hope everyone on here knows that Teller is a PhD and teaches at Harvard. He may be silent when with Penn, but not when teaching...

... oooohhh we should all just bow down before the mighty brain that is Teller and accept what he says (or doesn't) because he is a PhD at .... Harvard

Look, the video is crass and makes no convincing points. It's hardly a good rebuttal. No nails getting hit anywhere on this one.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by 2 cents]

[edit on 27-2-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The exercise vs. genetics episode tells me all I need to know.

Anyone who's actually put a little effort into reshaping their body knows that Penn and Teller are full of hot ass. The show is entertainment, plain and simple, and when you look to entertainers to provide you with important information, you shouldn't be breathing, let alone voting.

Of course, to make matters worse...

It is undisputed that the FCC’s news distortion policy has never been “adopted” as defined by section 120.54, Florida Statutes (1997).

www.2dca.org...

That relates to this case, in which a legal technicality basically set a precedent that says even the news can lie to you.

www.foxbghsuit.com...

You're on your own. When you press the power button on the idiot box you must understand that it is just for your amusement, nothing more

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
No one here has any issue with calling fat people fat or pot smokers drug-addicts. The point is you should actually have some sort of reasoned analysis behind the comments. Arguably smoking pot could get in the way of your reasoning, but your weight, sexual orientation, or the tone of your voice has nothing to do with a person's credability on 9/11 topics.

Hold on there cowboy, i think you've been listening to your DARE officer a little much. In the real world weed dosent effect your reasoning that much unless you have problems with it to begin with. Of course theres those normal people who just have adverse reactions....but that happens with every drug. When i say every drug, i mean from crack to caffeine to advil to vicodin to tylenol pm or sleeping pills. Sorry, just hate to see someone whos grossly misinformed. I have meet more than enough pot smokers, who have themselves meet more than enough smokers to know this to be the truth. Not to mention the dozens of studies by creditable groups that never see any light because, then people would want to smoke weed because its not bad like the govt wants everyone to think.

But on topic, i dont like Penn and Teller, they kinda piss me off. They claim to be experts, yet what credability do they have....they were magicians
??? I mean....do they have degrees in any of what they spew...or are they just reading from a prompter or script somebody else wrote?

[edit on 27-2-2008 by SilentBob86]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Did Penn and Teller ask me to push someone down a flight of stairs for owning or reading a certain book? fkn weird! seems like the same radical attitude they claim was used against us is the attitude THEY have,....

Push someone down a flight of stairs,... does that mean kill them? or just try to hurt them really bad? Who is using threats of violents acts against those in possesion of literature or ideas, and opinions? What a couple of great AMERICANS huh. How embarrassing.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

I couldn't agree more with you on this topic. Just like Charlie Sheen should shut his mouth and stick to making B movies as he has no place ( according to your take on it ) voicing his opionion about something he couldn't possibly know about.

So in closing
If your not a doctor - dont give medical advice
If you don't have a recording contract - dont sing
If your not a structural enigneer - dont give an opinion about 9/11

When will this entire attitude of "I am right and don't care about your opinion" stop in this forum?

We all have a right to have an opinion - no matter how outlandish it is - you , me, Charlie Sheen and yes, even Penn and Teller!

hmmm....

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Dorian Soran]

**Edit...Guess I should have read it through again more clearly. I see that you agree everyone has their right to an opinion. I just wanted to make the point on having the right to question what a building fell the way it did when it truly does not make sense.

Now this is where I have to chime in. I am trying to keep my self distanced more and more on these topics. Just a reader. However, I think your point went a bit off course here. Sure, doctors should stick with doctoring and truck drivers should stick with what they do but actors, people in general, and every other normal human being on this planet NEEDS to have the ability to question something that simply does not make sense to them.

All that Penn and Teller do are attack attack and attack. They belittle people to make them feel stupid for questioning things. They think they have it all figured out and that anyone who believes in anything other than what they deem as reality is simply nuts.

Charlie Sheen and any other 'A' 'B' or 'Z' movie actor has every right to voice their questions. It's quite a bit different when people refute those questions with ugly attacks on their character or statements of how ignorant and stupid they are for questioning in the first place.

It's much different than a truck driver giving medical advice. It's the right of every single person on this planet to question those that think they have a right to own us or control us. These people, the current admin and other world leaders, owe us clear and concise answers. No more 'national security' BS or anything like that. They OWE us ALL of the answers. No more put downs and no more suggestions that people who question authority are nuts.

Answers. That, every person including Charlie have a right to ask. He was not giving his professional input on the subject. He was simply posing the questions that many of us want answered.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by dariousg]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

AA77 hits the pentagon and they say there was no debris because the plane basically melted, yet they were able to identify everyone from DNA. The owner of building 7 admits to pulling the plug on it, meaning they blew it up. But I know from my time in the service there is no way they could set up the destruction of that huge building in just a few hours. Not to mention all the chaos going on at that time. It would take days if not weeks to set that up. Why was all the debris shipped to China and other foreign countries. That was evidence, and yet it was treated no different than your usual weekly garbage.

First, no one said that there wasnt any debris. There are numerous pictures and witness statements about aircraft wreckage and remains of passengers (some still strapped to what was left of their seats). The owner of WTC 7 never said the building was intentionally demolished, he was speaking about the firefighters that were pulled from the building. Finally, the debris was shipped to four landfills in NY/NJ where it was sorted PRIOR to any of it being sent overseas. Not to mention that a bunch of the steel was sent to Mississippi where it became part of the keel of the USS New York.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
Finally, the debris was shipped to four landfills in NY/NJ where it was sorted PRIOR to any of it being sent overseas.

Sorted by whom is the question. And why sort through a crime scene at another location? Why weren't the FEMA scientists allowed onto GZ? These are the questions we should be asking.

It's like investigating the neighbor of the house where a murder was committed. Would that be an acceptable way of investigating? Let's say the mob has someone killed in a house. The police are only allowed to invstigate from a house 3 doors down. While the mob selectively hands the police what to investigate. Does that make any sense to us?

Also. Why was there only a hundred some odd pieces of selective steel left for NIST to analyze?

Real questions. That need real answers.

Not some loudmouth arsehole telling me that I should be pushed down the stairs because I want answers to these questions.

[edit on 2/27/2008 by Griff]

[edit on 2/28/2008 by Griff]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join