It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top psychiatrist concludes liberals clinically nuts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ya know whats mentally ill is believing a politician who says they want to go into government to reduce its size.

Like any government anywhere will submit to a downsizing laying down.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
What a crock... the fact that you guys beleive this nonsense puts your mental stablity into question, not mine.

But don't you think there are people behind the scenes that actually think this way. We all need more medication, i just wonder what way is the way they want.

I am just assuming we all must be zombies in the future with these people.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
IMO this is another example of attempting to 'pathologize' any opinion they don't share in order to denigrate it.

Listen to the MSM often enough and you'll hear mouthpieces for this or that stupidity droning on into a microphone about 'Homo-phobia' or 'Islamo-phobia' or whatever. The brainwash-motive is to inculcate into the mind of the listener that this or that considered view, or opinion, which might contradict whatever belief system or behavior the mouthpiece advocates is in fact a kind of disease which needs to be medically treated. Every opinion becomes a 'phobia' or 'illness' if it challenges the orthodoxy.

Sounds familiar? Ever read '1984'?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
People act like complete morons when politics are brought up. To call all liberals insane is an act of insanity in itself. Thought I would consider myself to be more "liberal", no one should ever base their decisions because it's good for the party.

I'd say, as some before in this thread have, that being somewhere between a liberal and a conservative is the best way.

Want proof? It works that way with accounting also. Sometimes in accounting you should be liberal, sometimes conservative. If you stray too far in one direction, then poor decisions will be made.

The same applies to politics. Some ideas the liberals have would be great for the country. Same with republicans. The liberal's idea of free healthcare for all is beneficial and the right thing to do. Conservative economies are more fiscally responsible -- at least true conservative economies are.

However, the conservative idea of the "trickle down effect" is absolutely retarded. And the liberal's with gun control are just missing the point.

Liberals and conservatives need to take a class in teamwork and figure out what synergy is. They are no where close to acheiving it. In fact, I'd say they are producing the opposite of synergy (whatever the term for that is).

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The trouble with the word "ideology" is that it always applies to the other guy. Nobody believes their own biases are an ideology. Thus this "top" shrink maintains that liberals, who he contends are mentally unbalanced, have an aberrant ideology whereas his own ultra-conservative agenda is pure rationality and Truth. Liberals need to be cured by becoming conservatives. How's he any different from Rush Limbaugh with a degree? At least Rush owns his own opinions and doesn't hide behind science in order to justify them.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

The sad part is:

You'd think a psychiatrist would know enough about the human psyche to understand that.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

No not really. When it comes down to it I think that the powers that be, don't buy such arguments at all. They are much more interested in control than ideology and if they can control by divide and conquor then all the better.

All social systems tend towards greater and greater control and the consolidation of power, and all social systems collapse from their own weight in the end.

Ours will be no exception.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by grover]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So these are the "professionals" that keep coming up with these new mental aliments every few years for the big phrama's to create the next multi-billion dollar wonder drug. lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
'Top psychiatrist' is really a local courtroom shrink

Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr. is a forensic psychiatrist practising in St. Charles, Illinois, a 'city' with a population of just 32,000.

Some 'top psychiatrist'!

[edit on 3-3-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
this is just nuts

mods - sorry for the one line
but that was all I needed to say other than
sounds like somebody is just trying to
sell a book

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
'Top psychiatrist' is really a local courtroom shrink

Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr. is a forensic psychiatrist practising in St. Charles, Illinois, a 'city' with a population of just 32,000.

Some 'top psychiatrist'!

lmao
I didn't know that it was a prerequisite for a top shrink to only
come from a metropolis. Wherever he comes from, he's just nuts.
This is a classic case of doctor turned patient

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico

The source is WND. 'Nuff said.

Pishah. World Nut Doiley is the most credible source of reliable news on the Internet aside from DoomsDayCults.com.

The problem is the liberal MSM like Fox News don't report this stuff, which makes us all liberals, and think people that actually read World Nut Doiley are nuts.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times in Church when I was leading the youth group and trying to find my next wife to submit herself to me, VOTE HUCKABEE!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join