It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you from Wisconsin?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hello,

So, there I was on the net last night looking around ATS and I wondered, how many of my neighbors - friends - relatives are also members of this site?

Then I got thinking, since I am currently in Wisconsin, I wondered how many other people from the Badger state call this site 'home'?

I will start this whole thing off.

I am in Wisconsin ( I split time between Madison and Milwaukee )

Let me know - this could be interesting.

Dorian Soran

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Nope. I'm in the Philadelphia area. But I like cheese, and the Green Bay Packers.
Oh, and I like 'That 70's Show' too.
Does that count?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Nope. I'm in the Philadelphia area. But I like cheese, and the Green Bay Packers.
Oh, and I like 'That 70's Show' too.
Does that count?

That is a very good start. You have all the earmarks of a person that would fit right in here.

Before you move though, you should hone up on your LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY - HAPPY DAYS - FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT - ALEX JORDAN - HARRY HOUDINI and DEER HUNTING AND BEER DRINKING SKILLS (at the same time).

Then you could be a true Wisconsinite.

Dorian Soran

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Waukesha County for me. Life long resident. It's nice Lombozo appreciates the Packers. Tough to send any love the Eagles' way, unfortunately.

4th and 26 stills burns. It burns, it burns, I tell ya.

Cheese, beer, brats, muskies, and the mighty Pack. Throw in all the nice golf courses built here in the last 15 years, and I'm quite content in Cheeseland, thank you.

A little too much snow this winter, though.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musky

4th and 26 stills burns. It burns, it burns, I tell ya.

4th and 26 - Freddie Mitchell - YEAH! Now that's what I'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I pass through Waukesha twice a week via the interstate.

And yes...WAY too much snow for me as well. I like sunny and 70 and yet I call Wisconsin home...oh well.

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

All I can say is OUCH!

Why you gotta be like that? ( haha )

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

All I can say is OUCH!

Why you gotta be like that? ( haha )

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor
ut I'm from Philly, and there is virtually nothing in the sports arena to crow about. Yes I am a HUGE Eagles fan. So whenever there is anything worth gloating about, it is my duty as a raukous Philly fan to yell it to the world...........
No offense intended.

Hey Good Doctor Soran!
Sorry, b

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
A fellow Wisconsinite here:

From Madison but now staying (temporarely) at Tomah Wis. Where the I90 and I94 divide That and a major producer of cranberrys (along with Ocean spray) are it claim to fame.

Things are about as exciting around here as Amish dragracing. Yes there are Amish here. It get's interesting to watch one go (complete with Black Buggy) to the local Burger King.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have some friends that go to Tomah every year for a big tractor or truck pull - can't remember which one but I know it's a big event.

I make it up to Sparta every once in awile and see the amish around there as well.

I guess maybe I should be asking HOW MANY AMISH ARE ON THIS BOARD? ( haha )

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I live in Prescott Wisconsin. I moved here about a year ago from Minnesota (please don't hurt me). All that's really in Prescott is a street full of bars and 2 rivers (The Mississippi and the St. Croix join together here).

Sorry to say I am not a Packer fan, I am not a fan of pro sports in general. Maybe I don't fit in.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I lived in a very small town in Wisconsin for about 3 years after having lived my entire life in the Chicago suburbs before moving there.

This town was located about 30 miles south of Superior/Duluth.

I loved it. Beautiful country, and lots of things to do outdoors. I would have stayed there but the company I was working for was bought out, and jobs were hard to come by.

The only complaint I had was that the winters were extremely long, and I was always refered to as a "fib". Other than the nickname, everyone was really nice! If you live in Wisconsin, you must know what "fib" means in reference to people from Illinois. expletive - Illinois - expletive (either male of female explative works!)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I have never heard the term "Fib" and am now very curious. I hope I can find it online.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
F.I.B

F*****G ILLINOIS BA***RD

F*****G IOWA BA***RD

I find it very shameful our states people refer to outsiders with such vulgarity, we must remember we are all from somewhere right?

Please excuse the less educated folks in our great state!

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I lived in middle of Wi. for a few months with another ATS member. So I guess that makes me a part time cheese head?

[edit on 28-2-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

F.I.B

F*****G ILLINOIS BA***RD

F*****G IOWA BA***RD

I find it very shameful our states people refer to outsiders with such vulgarity, we must remember we are all from somewhere right?

Please excuse the less educated folks in our great state!

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor

I've heard a alternate form (and not quite as rude) as "Flatlander" Refering to the topography of the northern Illinois or at least the General Chicago area.

Edited to add:

Oh yeah as far as the tractor pull is concerned it seems to be a major event here.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Deson]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am not IN wisconsin hon, but I am FROM wisconsin. Born and raised.

Currently I am OK which is a tragedy in itself. Northern girls like me have no business in southern states.

Edited to add... OMG I have not heard the term FIB in forever. made me LOL.

Not that any of us really have anything against people from other states.. its just one of those things that never went away but makes you laugh never the less.

Why did it come into being? Rumor has it that it relates to the way people from our neighboring states drive compared to what we are used to.
But that is just rumor.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I have some friends that go to Tomah every year for a big tractor or truck pull - can't remember which one but I know it's a big event.

I make it up to Sparta every once in awile and see the amish around there as well.

I guess maybe I should be asking HOW MANY AMISH ARE ON THIS BOARD? ( haha )

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor
That would be the Grand National Truck and Tractor Pull hon. I know it well I could hear nothing but the sounds of roaring engines while it was in town.

wow small world!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yup,im one of those Packer backing Wisconsinites,lol.
I live in SE Wisconsin,to be exact.
Although,due to this weather,I wish I was from Florida or somewhere much warmer.
Well heres to spring arriving.....someday and to a winning Brewers season.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Good ol 100% Wisconsin born and raised. Title town area is my 20 now after it all started in Milwaukee. Lots of snow up here this year.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join